Humidity level: 80%

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -

I'm sweating like a pig right now. This humidity is fawking insane. For you who lives in regions with a dry weather, you have no idea how bad high levels of humidity are...

How's the weather where you at?

#2 Posted by jimkabrhel (15378 posts) -

It's 20 degrees F below normal and raining. It's like October in July.

#3 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Surprisingly cool, considering it's been ridiculously hot and sticky weather around here in Michigan for weeks now.

#4 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -

Humidity is ~ 96% right now (which is pretty average here), but it's surprisingly cool b/c it's cloudy, fortunately.

coolbeans90
The fvck :|
#5 Posted by Allicrombie (24816 posts) -
its warm here but not overly hot. Cali usually has a dry heat, which is way better than humidity. I don't know how people live in high humid places like Texas and Lousiana and Florida. I was in Texas for the summer once and it was miserable. Soon as you step outside you are literally dripping. Another advantage of Cali is that since its a desert, once the sun goes down it cools off really quickly.
#6 Posted by deeliman (1858 posts) -

83% humidity here... but it's now cool and raining here. It's been hot as hell for a 2-3 weeks now though.

#7 Posted by Ace6301 (21388 posts) -
68%, 21C
#8 Posted by ultimameteora (2573 posts) -
That's kinda normal in the summer here.
#9 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -

its warm here but not overly hot. Cali usually has a dry heat, which is way better than humidity. I don't know how people live in high humid places like Texas and Lousiana and Florida. I was in Texas for the summer once and it was miserable. Soon as you step outside you are literally dripping. Another advantage of Cali is that since its a desert, once the sun goes down it cools off really quickly.Allicrombie
Yea, I start dripping in the fvcking shower.

#10 Posted by Stinger78 (5807 posts) -
Places like Arizona can be hot, but places in the midwest where it's a similar temperature can feel a lot hotter. For those that haven't experienced high humidity, it's best described as the heat "sticking to you" - so it can seem harder to cool down.
#11 Posted by Aljosa23 (23600 posts) -

It's been so damn cool these past few days, I love it. Currently 17 celsius with 66% humidity.

#12 Posted by Chris_Williams (14868 posts) -

I live in Houston, we invented humidity

#13 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -
In places with hot weather, dryness is a bless.
#14 Posted by Jebus213 (8511 posts) -

GazaAli

That's it?

It was 31c and 95% humidity. I barely noticed it.

The weather actually felt pretty good today.

#15 Posted by foxhound_fox (85236 posts) -
What's the temperature? 100% @ 40C is the worst thing ever. 100% @ 20C is fine.
#16 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]

Jebus213

That's it?

It was 31c and 95% humidity. I barely noticed it.

The weather actually felt pretty good today.

It was 80% around 2 AM when its supposed to be rather cold and breezy. You also have to take into account the intensity of the wind and all since it can help to a great extent. The trees are standing like statues out there for fvck sake.
#17 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -

What's the temperature? 100% @ 40C is the worst thing ever. 100% @ 20C is fine.foxhound_fox
its right now 24'C. In daylight it was 33'C

#18 Posted by kitty (113956 posts) -
humidity is always around 90% here
#19 Posted by foxhound_fox (85236 posts) -
its right now 24'C. In daylight it was 33'CGazaAli
Come back when it hits 100% during the day. :P
#20 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"] its right now 24'C. In daylight it was 33'Cfoxhound_fox

How about an UV index of 9?
#21 Posted by Aljosa23 (23600 posts) -

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] its right now 24'C. In daylight it was 33'CGazaAli

Aren't you in the Middle East? These temperatures seem incredibly mild

#22 Posted by Jebus213 (8511 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] its right now 24'C. In daylight it was 33'Cfoxhound_fox

and 37-43C for four weeks straight. 

#23 Posted by Jebus213 (8511 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] Come back when it hits 100% during the day. :PAljosa23

I thought he lived in the UK. Or maybe that's GrayFox.

#24 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] Come back when it hits 100% during the day. :PAljosa23

Gulf countries are used to this, but Belad Al-Sham countries are not.
#25 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] How about an UV index of 9?Jebus213

I thought he lived in the UK. Or maybe that's GrayFox.

nah that's Grayfox
#26 Posted by foxhound_fox (85236 posts) -
How about an UV index of 9?GazaAli
We get 10 here. When it's 40C with 100% humidity. And then six months later it's -40C with a -50C to -55C windchill.
#27 Posted by Jebus213 (8511 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] How about an UV index of 9?GazaAli

Gulf countries are used to this, but Belad Al-Sham countries are not.

That explains a lot because 75F is not cold....That's comfortable. 

#28 Posted by LZ71 (10208 posts) -
It's always f*cking humid here, and it's terrible. I don't even want to step outside during July. Thankfully it's abnormally been only about 50-60% humidity here lately, and it's been great.
#29 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]How about an UV index of 9?foxhound_fox
We get 10 here. When it's 40C with 100% humidity. And then six months later it's -40C with a -50C to -55C windchill.

That is insane... The coldest it ever got here was 10'C I think. Everybody was oh my god we're freezing to death. Not me though I love cold.
#30 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] We get 10 here. When it's 40C with 100% humidity. And then six months later it's -40C with a -50C to -55C windchill.coolbeans90

That is insane... The coldest it ever got here was 10'C I think. Everybody was oh my god we're freezing to death. Not me though I love cold.

Man, it doesn't even snow at 10 C.

I've never seen snow :[ I'd like to live where its constantly cold, really cold.
#31 Posted by foxhound_fox (85236 posts) -
I'd like to live where its constantly cold, really cold.GazaAli
No. You wouldn't. If you haven't even experienced an air temperature below 0C/32F, then you don't know what "cold" can really be. With a windchill below -40C, exposed skin can freeze in less than a couple minutes. It's brutal. Personally, my ideal temperature disparity would be -15C to +20C.
#32 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]I'd like to live where its constantly cold, really cold.foxhound_fox
No. You wouldn't. If you haven't even experienced an air temperature below 0C/32F, then you don't know what "cold" can really be. With a windchill below -40C, exposed skin can freeze in less than a couple minutes. It's brutal. Personally, my ideal temperature disparity would be -15C to +20C.

Well yea since I haven't tried it I can't say it with certainty. But you know, the general idea of a cold, chilly weather is appealing to me.
#33 Posted by 145ty (557 posts) -

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]What's the temperature? 100% @ 40C is the worst thing ever. 100% @ 20C is fine.GazaAli

its right now 24'C. In daylight it was 33'C

lol.

Was 33 celsius felt like 44 celsius here the other day. I work with long legged pants, long sleeve shirt plus short shirt under and work boots. I am an aircraft mechanic and working in planes on the line with those conditions are horrible. Sweat literally pours off of us (its much hotter in the plane then outside)

We always have very high humidity here.

#34 Posted by 145ty (557 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]I'd like to live where its constantly cold, really cold.foxhound_fox

Im in the same boat as you temperature wise. We moved few years ago where the winters were quite consistently -30 to -40ish with windchills. Here aint too bad. Lot less snow and mild winter in comparison. I wear a rain coat in winters comfortably here. I love spring/fall.

#35 Posted by 145ty (557 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]How about an UV index of 9?foxhound_fox

Are you from Atlantic Canada?

#36 Posted by IcyToasters (12476 posts) -

right now 18ºC ish and it says 90% humidity. doesn't seem humid though right noww. (: also night time.

yesterday was 25ºC (? - didn't check the thermostat, just the internet) during the day with 95 - 99% humidity. Seemed huuuuuumiiidd that time. Highest temperature I saw said "feels like 35ºC" but other places said it felt way below that. Not sure. Was muggy.
dabbed my face with a cold cloth during that day!

(hottest it really gets here is ~37ºC, but that seemed less humid than yesterday)

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] We get 10 here. When it's 40C with 100% humidity. And then six months later it's -40C with a -50C to -55C windchill.145ty

does it go above 40ºC in Atlantic Canada? o: (Wiki says some places in Newfoundland? around my parts I don't think it really goes higher)

edit: I didn't see the negatives on the last numbers! chillyy

#37 Posted by foxhound_fox (85236 posts) -
Are you from Atlantic Canada?145ty
Southern Manitoba. Atlantic Canada at least gets the air current warmth off the Atlantic. We get... cold.
#38 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6584 posts) -
It's freaking hot. A simple walk and I'm sweating like a pig!
#39 Posted by jaqulle999 (2897 posts) -

Currently 93% humiditiy. It has been raining on and off today though.  It's not uncommon for it to be extremely humid where I live but this summer hasn't been to bad.

#40 Posted by 145ty (557 posts) -

right now 18ºC ish and it says 90% humidity. doesn't seem humid though right noww. (: also night time.

yesterday was 25ºC (? - didn't check the thermostat, just the internet) during the day with 95 - 99% humidity. Seemed huuuuuumiiidd that time. Highest temperature I saw said "feels like 35ºC" but other places said it felt way below that. Not sure. Was muggy.
dabbed my face with a cold cloth during that day!

(hottest it really gets here is ~37ºC, but that seemed less humid than yesterday)
[QUOTE="145ty"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] We get 10 here. When it's 40C with 100% humidity. And then six months later it's -40C with a -50C to -55C windchill.IcyToasters

does it go above 40ºC in Atlantic Canada? o: (Wiki says some places in Newfoundland? around my parts I don't think it really goes higher)

edit: I didn't see the negatives on the last numbers! chillyy

When you factor in humidity, yes we get quite a few. Without humidity highest this year was 35 (42-43 with humidex). Greatly depends on where in Atlantic Canada and some places frequently get all four seasons in one day lol

#41 Posted by roulettethedog (10848 posts) -

The weather is awesome here. Highs in the 70's with no humidity.

#42 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
89% at 30C
#43 Posted by Shadow4020 (1917 posts) -

That's what I like about living in Arizona, it might be really hot, but at least when you're in the shade you can escape the heat. I visited my grandparents in the midwest and nearly drowned in the humidity.

#44 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7012 posts) -

65F 3% humidity, sucky weather.

#45 Posted by ferrari2001 (16282 posts) -
The humidity here is 99%, it's raining and it's currently 64 degrees (F). Can't say I'm all that warm at the moment. Currently sitting on 2 in of rain today and we had 2 in of rain yesterday. This time last year we hit a high of 107 degrees. Quite a change from a year ago.