Humbuckers; EMG 81 + 85 or Two Emg 81's?? [Mainly For Zee Guitar Playing People]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BassPlayingKing
BassPlayingKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BassPlayingKing
Member since 2006 • 493 Posts
I have an Epiphone Explorer Gothic and i can finally afford my new humbucker pickups for it. I mainly play rhythm, but i'm not sure what to buy...Two Emg 81's or an 81 and an 85? Advise pleeaase!
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
Buying two identical pickups is usually pointless; as you're more or less making your toggle switch obsolete. Make sure your guitar has the right circuitry to support Humbuckers before you buy them. Too any people just buy whatever pickups and assume they'll work. Burstbuckers and Humbuckers are generally designed to work with Les Pauls. Just something you should check out first.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
Go for an 81 and an 85. Most people who use those pickups go for that combination.
tgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tgrace
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts

Buying two identical pickups is usually pointless; as you're more or less making your toggle switch obsolete. Make sure your guitar has the right circuitry to support Humbuckers before you buy them. Too any people just buy whatever pickups and assume they'll work. Burstbuckers and Humbuckers are generally designed to work with Les Pauls. Just something you should check out first.Ninja-Vox

My thoughts exactly. Ninja-Vox knows whats up, listen to him.

Avatar image for BassPlayingKing
BassPlayingKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BassPlayingKing
Member since 2006 • 493 Posts
Aright thanks! Am gonna buy the 81 + 85 :)