how would you feel about a new world order.

• 76 results
#51 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

Hmm, a future where nobody works and poverty is eliminated. Sounds like a future where we create robots to be our slaves only for them to eventually become self aware and... well, it might not be a perfect future after that.

that self awareness is bs

#52 Posted by airshocker (29354 posts) -

Why would taxpayers paying for me, you don't even know me lol

Where do you think the money comes from to pay for your benefits? Taxpayers.

#53 Edited by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@evildead6789 said:

I don't have benefits, not from government anyway

I'm actually the one paying taxes and I do this gladly

I'm not a selfish prick

#54 Edited by plageus900 (1037 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

Once automation gets good enough no one will have to work and we'll all just be on a guaranteed income. Won't happen anytime soon.

While I can see this happening in the very distant future, I would be very against this. I enjoy working and seeing the fruits of my labor.

#55 Posted by BranKetra (48414 posts) -

It is unlikely without major changes permeating throughout every society on earth. Beyond economics, everything else would need to be focused on science. Ponder about how that would affect religious cultures. I wish you well if you intend to make this idea into reality.

#56 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

It is unlikely without major changes permeating throughout every society on earth. Beyond economics, everything else would need to be focused on science. Ponder about how that would affect religious cultures. I wish you well if you intend to make this idea into reality.

I wish I had that power but I don't

#57 Edited by BranKetra (48414 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

I wish I had that power but I don't

Knowledge is power

#58 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8358 posts) -

@evildead6789: how is it being a selfish prick not wanting to pay for people who refuse to help themselves and work if they can?

#59 Posted by Aljosa23 (24841 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

Once automation gets good enough no one will have to work and we'll all just be on a guaranteed income. Won't happen anytime soon.

While I can see this happening in the very distant future, I would be very against this. I enjoy working and seeing the fruits of my labor.

Word. I mean there will still be people working but humanity will exist without the need to work. I would change my occupation to something more fun like a journalist.

#60 Posted by airshocker (29354 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@evildead6789 said:

I'm not a selfish prick

You just told me you don't work, correct? So who pays for the money that the government gives you?

#61 Edited by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@evildead6789 said:

@airshocker said:

@evildead6789 said:

I'm not a selfish prick

You just told me you don't work, correct? So who pays for the money that the government gives you?

The government doesn't give me any money lol

I live of stock and interest

#62 Posted by airshocker (29354 posts) -

So why didn't you correct me earlier?

#63 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8358 posts) -

@evildead6789: how did u make it to that point that it's enough to live off of? I just recently got stick from the company I work. It's based off European stock market they just recently sent me a check that after converted was about 3 dollars and 6 cents US lol. Oh and I just found out the house I bought has oil royalties they sent me a 55 dollar check for all last year I am rolling.

#64 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71173 posts) -

almost anything would be better than the one we have today. USA is corrupt with money and religion, same with the middle east and Russia. So is almost all of the rest of the goverments in the world. Perhaps a few exceptions here and there

#65 Posted by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

Can we please not chain endless amounts of post together guys it's pointless and makes scrolling long and tedious.

#66 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@evildead6789: how did u make it to that point that it's enough to live off of? I just recently got stick from the company I work. It's based off European stock market they just recently sent me a check that after converted was about 3 dollars and 6 cents US lol. Oh and I just found out the house I bought has oil royalties they sent me a 55 dollar check for all last year I am rolling.

I buy and sell everyday

#67 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

So why didn't you correct me earlier?

correct you in what ?

#68 Edited by airshocker (29354 posts) -
#69 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

correct you in what ?

well, that was just a silly answer to a silly question.

And it was your question that was silly, not mine

#70 Posted by airshocker (29354 posts) -

No, your question was pretty silly. Throughout this thread I've been referring to you as unemployed and receiving government benefits. If that really wasn't the case you should have corrected me earlier, instead of right now, way after the fact.

#71 Posted by Aljosa23 (24841 posts) -

Evildead is one of my new favourite posters. Just pure comedy.

#72 Posted by airshocker (29354 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

Evildead is one of my new favourite posters. Just pure comedy.

I can't wait to laugh at you when you try and argue with him...

#73 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

No, your question was pretty silly. Throughout this thread I've been referring to you as unemployed and receiving government benefits. If that really wasn't the case you should have corrected me earlier, instead of right now, way after the fact.

the moment you referred to me as unemployed or receiving governement benefits i corrected you

#74 Edited by plageus900 (1037 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@plageus900 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

Word. I mean there will still be people working but humanity will exist without the need to work. I would change my occupation to something more fun like a journalist.

Very true. Sometimes the things we would love to do aren't very conducive to our survival; those occupations may not pay well, etc. So living without the need to work could promote a more creative atmosphere? Maybe? I've been drinking and I may be totally talking out of my ass.

#75 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15966 posts) -

Star Trek? Even there, people still have to work.

#76 Edited by seahorse123 (1228 posts) -

@evildead6789:

The world will never be like that until we have a resource based economy where corruption is eliminated and education comes first.

#77 Edited by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@evildead6789:

The world will never be like that until we have a resource based economy where corruption is eliminated and education comes first.

The world is what we make of it