How Was Your 2014?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

As the year comes to a close, I'm reminded of a lot of things I managed to accomplish this year, like progressing in school, new relationships, old relationships perceived in new ways, etc

Did you guys have a good year too? Are you looking forward to 2015?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Worst year of my life, and gonna get more worse on 2015

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

2014 was a Hell of a ride for me. Good games, got my Xbox One, taking care of my family, partying with different girls, having sex with them, going to the movies, and coming to Gamespot having fun. Yeah 2014 was a good year indeed. I also hope everyone enjoy there 2014.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 indzman

@davillain- said:

partying with different girls, having sex with them

Aren't you married villain? Its not good cheating on wifey you know Heh

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Allicrombie

@indzman said:

you're so cheery lately.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 indzman

@Allicrombie said:

@indzman said:

you're so cheery lately.

How can you tell ? =P

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

It was meh.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator

@indzman: No I'm not Merry. Me and my Baby Mama just live together with our daughter. Thank goodness I ain't Merry otherwise, I can't party like that.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 indzman

@davillain- said:

@indzman: No I'm not Merry. Me and my Baby Mama just live together with our daughter. Thank goodness I ain't Merry otherwise, I can't party like that.

Ahhh, my apologies then :)

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

If I was to sum it up in one sentence, this year was a year of 'desperation' for me.

Not explaining the 'desperation' part but I'll divide it into three halves.

First half (January to May):
Best days of my life! In January we had a MUN in our school and it was an awesome experience. For three days it was only fun,fun and fun. After that ended, I was busy anticipating Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2. Well, the game didn't disappoint but it wasn't great either. Played lots of games in February despite my Finals being just two months away (3 years of syllabus, goddam GCSE O Levels) . Then my GPU got rekt, so spent the whole April watching Anime. I watched 35 anime (4 of them ended up on my all-time favorite list) in just April. Then came May, man were those exams fun! I never thought I would enjoy exams this much! I didn't really study much so maybe that was the reason I enjoyed them.

With the end of the exams, the worst days of my life were about to begin.

Second half (June to August):
Even though I had holidays for all these months, I just want to forget those days. First off, I had no PC. For one reason or the other, my new PC plans kept getting delayed and delayed and delayed. One problem after another. And it dragged on. I remember turning into an emo in those days. It was then that I got my procrastination habits. Didn't watch much anime, neither played a game. So what did I do? nothing except watching the LOTR and The Hobbit series. Ramadan kept me busy as always, so that was the only month that I actually enjoyed. Eid went boring too. Oh I'm so happy it all ended... that's it.

The result of the exam too came in those months.... well, I managed to get some pretty good grades. Ended up in the top-scorers of my school but still, it all just kinda sucked.

Third half (September onward):
Pretty rad. My school re-opened. And I never would've guessed that A Levels could be this fun. I only had to attend 4 classes or max 6 classes everyday and the rest of the time, we would play basketball and nothing else.
In November, I finally got all my PC parts together. Back to gaming and the rest should be pretty obvious.

This was also the year that I actively started posting in the GS forums. Made lot of friends here (though some of them backstabbed *cough* Gamerno6666 *cough*). And I'm planning to keep coming back until this forum gets tired of me. I know ya all love me, you guys are just too tsundere to accept it.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

bad

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator

@top_lel: My Condolences to those bad Months for you and your former friend gamerno6666.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 top_lel

@davillain-: Your condolences mean nothing to me. Gimme a game!

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Allicrombie

@top_lel said:

If I was to sum it up in one sentence, this year was a year of 'desperation' for me.

Not explaining the 'desperation' part but I'll divide it into three halves.

First half (January to May):

Best days of my life! In January we had a MUN in our school and it was an awesome experience. For three days it was only fun,fun and fun. After that ended, I was busy anticipating Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2. Well, the game didn't disappoint but it wasn't great either. Played lots of games in February despite my Finals being just two months away (3 years of syllabus, goddam GCSE O Levels) . Then my GPU got rekt, so spent the whole April watching Anime. I watched 35 anime (4 of them ended up on my all-time favorite list) in just April. Then came May, man were those exams fun! I never thought I would enjoy exams this much! I didn't really study much so maybe that was the reason I enjoyed them.

With the end of the exams, the worst days of my life were about to begin.

Second half (June to August):

Even though I had holidays for all these months, I just want to forget those days. First off, I had no PC. For one reason or the other, my new PC plans kept getting delayed and delayed and delayed. One problem after another. And it dragged on. I remember turning into an emo in those days. It was then that I got my procrastination habits. Didn't watch much anime, neither played a game. So what did I do? nothing except watching the LOTR and The Hobbit series. Ramadan kept me busy as always, so that was the only month that I actually enjoyed. Eid went boring too. Oh I'm so happy it all ended... that's it.

The result of the exam too came in those months.... well, I managed to get some pretty good grades. Ended up in the top-scorers of my school but still, it all just kinda sucked.

Third half (September onward):

Pretty rad. My school re-opened. And I never would've guessed that A Levels could be this fun. I only had to attend 4 classes or max 6 classes everyday and the rest of the time, we would play basketball and nothing else.

In November, I finally got all my PC parts together. Back to gaming and the rest should be pretty obvious.

This was also the year that I actively started posting in the GS forums. Made lot of friends here (though some of them backstabbed *cough* Gamerno6666 *cough*). And I'm planning to keep coming back until this forum gets tired of me. I know ya all love me, you guys are just too tsundere to accept it.

sounds like an interesting year !

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Graduation year. :'(

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Its been a busy and expensive year. I got hit hard with bills, and unexpected pay back payments on all kinds of crap that caught on from the past and such. All i know, is i'm glad i make enough to cover all my bases. Probably one of the most expensive years i've had. Either way, got through it, and am glad my family is together, and safe. As long as everyone is safe and healthy and together next year, i'm looking forward to it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator

@top_lel: LOL still holding a grudge because I ain't giving you a game. Not my fault, you have anger issues.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts

Twas most beautiful :'3

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 indzman

@KiIIyou said:

Was good for Billy too?

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts

@indzman said:

@KiIIyou said:

Was good for Billy too?

Yewp, most yessly ;D

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Some background. I was a shitty college student with a bad GPA until this year. I've had nothing but As and Bs but I got one F. It was frustrating but in the end I improved overall. I have some sense of direction and purpose but focus and discipline is what I also need. I did more such as volunteer and was an intern, but failed in some such as lose weight and eat healthy.

I did good this year but obviously I need to do better.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

2014 has been a worthwhile year for me. My goals of returning to school and re-evaluating my relationships have been achieved, and improving myself is a lifelong journey that I made progress on. I have been recognized by a somewhat prestigious Southern school and I may attend it, eventually. I got a raise at my job and my employer approves of me decreasing work time to increase my education. My goal of starting to learn another foreign language is in its early stages. I am studying various languages and enjoying doing so. I have penpals from Japan and France, now. Learning the stroke order of each kanji is educational, for example. I find those stimulating.

I have done quite well for myself this year.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 top_lel

@davillain- said:

@top_lel: LOL still holding a grudge because I ain't giving you a game. Not my fault, you have anger issues.

shut up james.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

2009-2013 were NOTHING compared to 2014.

All I can say is I trust nobody and I'm doing better than people ever expected.

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts

Gaming wise, it was pretty bad. A lot of rage about incomplete games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#27 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

In 2014 I got pretty much everything I wanted from life so I can't complain =D

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#28  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Terrible. Still haven't gotten laid yet (lol), and I've only been on one date since I started looking in May, although I did make a good friend and I'm going over to her place tomorrow night and do a little drinking and Wii gaming. Not to mention all the broken games this year and crappy job market.

On the positive side, SNIPER's shenanigans. LOL

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

fast

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Easily one of the worst I can remember, which is funny because 2013 was easily one of the best.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Allicrombie
@SaintLeonidas said:

Easily one of the worst I can remember, which is funny because 2013 was easily one of the best.

Sorry to hear that. Here's hoping 2015 is better !

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

it was crap just like they year before it and every other year before and after

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

It was ok, 2015 will be better.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

It sucked but the last month wasn't so bad.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

Despite passing all my classes (except withdrawing math for the second time), meeting a few more interesting people, and a few good games, I thought this year was pretty damn annoying. I mean you got people freaking out on ebola that isn't even contagious, people overusing the dumb annoying words "selfie" and "bae" (it doesn't mean babe either, it means something else), social justice warriors, and the list goes on.

Yeah, I'm ready for another year but I still feel like it's going to be another disappointment. One thing that I need to get out of the way for sure is learn how to drive and get my license even though I don't have a car of my own.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaVillain  Moderator

@top_lel said:

@davillain- said:

shut up james.

You didn't have to say it like that. Look I just hope you enjoy your 2015 resolution.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By top_lel

@davillain- said:

@top_lel said:

@davillain- said:

shut up james.

You didn't have to say it like that. Look I just hope you enjoy your 2015 resolution.

Well then, buy me a new monitor.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

2015 should be more peaceful, and I say "should be" because sadly, there ain't no guarantees. I definitely know I want to break a whole new level of college advancement this year, but there's no telling what might happen.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Spent 9 months with a life threatening critical illness starting late 2013. Several months of additional physical rehab. Nov/Dec have been good because I am basically back to normal. I took the family to St Lucia for Christmas, which was great and a fine end to a bad year.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

It definitely had it's ups and downs, but I did get to go to Europe (Belgium, France, Germany) so that was pretty great

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

Hmm, started off with uncertain doubts on my future. My depression was returning as were my suicidal yearnings, I had major doubts about being able to progress with my transition due to being constantly delayed in beginning HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy.

Finally started hormone replacement therapy on April the 19th and since then I've been feeling increasingly more alive and myself after so many years of being forced to be someone else.

Sadly lost a very dear friend almost two weeks ago, his failing health which he had suffered from for years ended his life on the 18th of December. I miss him deeply.

Finally got two major debts, one I had been paying for over ten years, finally paid off the month before I began HRT.

Whatever next year will bring, I hope it will be good.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#44 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

It has been excellent for me in terms of relationships.

I have a firmly established romantic relationship, I have rekindled an old friendship, I made plenty of new friends and acquaintances when my sister got married (I met her and her husbands' friends from SoCal), and I now have an awesome brother-in-law.

On the personal side of things, it hasn't been so good. My emotional well-being has diminished and I realized that I am depressed, and my outlook on the future is as bleak as it can be. I realized that I have no skills, no talents, a crappy education, bad (but improving) social skills, no motivation, I am a procrastinator, and worst of all, I have had unmedicated Type 2 ADHD for as long as I can remember and I just realized a few days ago how much that has screwed me. And my home life has been...let's just say it's been shit.

So yeah, this year I rekindled, established and also forged all kinds of relationships.

I also realized how bleak and pointless my future is.

So yeah, that's my 2014 in a nutshell. Not all bad, but certainly not all good. It has been a mediocre mix of really good and really bad.

Luckily, 2015 is looking to be a great year for me, for numerous reasons.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

Compared to where I was during this time lat year, It's actually been a great year. I'm working full time again, I got emergency money stashed away, and I have my significant other by my side. I couldn't ask for anything more than that.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Went to Japan for about two weeks, got A's in all my classes, finally got a PS3 to play games I missed out on, and I still have a great group of friends to be with.

So yeah, this year was better than most.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Well....it ended on a high note is all I can say. I finally was able to get a full time job (Though its a really low-paying one....thank goodness Illinois finally raised minimum wage even though I don't agree with the bar its now set at) after spending months applying to all types of jobs with no success. Problem is I need a car BAD. Riding a bike 30+ miles a day in 20F degree's or less weather isn't my idea of fun. If it wasn't for all these bills I got to deal with, it would be simple to do. Or try to get an electric bike...

homelessgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 homelessgamer
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

@davillain-: damn I want your life!

homelessgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 homelessgamer
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

@Allicrombie: I look forward to every year because the last one sucked.

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

It was an alright year for me.