How was 2013 for you OT ?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by indzman (15370 posts) -

Financially it was most expensive year for me.Overall a average year ( nor good nor worse ). Still, some things could've gone more smoother on 2013.

How was 2013 for you OT ?

#2 Posted by SaintLeonidas (25288 posts) -

Is it my phone...or is no one able to write or spell today?

#3 Edited by ShadowsDemon (10036 posts) -

It was alright I guess. Really busy though.

#4 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1314 posts) -

only one thing went wrong this year so yea it was excellent.

#5 Edited by PonchoTaco (1661 posts) -

Pretty awesome here. Got a new apartment, new job in my field of study, and got engaged. 2013 turned out pretty well for me.

#6 Posted by destinhpark (4700 posts) -

It was okay. Went by too fast, that's for sure. Made a lot of changes in my life, big ones. Some for the better and some for the worse. About to end the year with a bang though, going to visit tons of old high school friends that I haven't seen in years back in my hometown, it's gonna be fun as hell. Got a condo on the beach for a new years party and everything, haha.

#7 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14086 posts) -

It was rough. I may be in a bad spot right now, (really don't feel like going into the full details at the moment), but there are people out there who are worse off than me. I have my family and the woman I love by my side--which I am truly grateful for.

#8 Posted by LZ71 (10208 posts) -

Started off pretty great with graduating high school and all, then took a few twists around mid year and has slowly declined until this point. I don't think my life is bad or anything right now, but I'm definitely not as happy as I was at the beginning of the year.

#9 Posted by GazaAli (21478 posts) -

Shit year all around that I wouldn't know where to begin.

#10 Posted by Master_Live (12276 posts) -

Let me put it this way, my life has been stuck in the mud for at least two years and it hasn't changed. And that is that.

#11 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

It wasn't a very good year, but neither last year either. Wish life would just give me a break sometimes.

#12 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6585 posts) -

I successfully finished school and had no deaths of loved ones. Pretty good year.

#13 Edited by Makhaidos (1410 posts) -

By far one of the most dramatic, depressing, and stressful years of my life, with a few positives scattered here and there like sprinkles on a bowl of shit. If I have to deal with another year like this, I will need to be Baker Acted.

Ooh, and I just learned that my uncle (who has no insurance) rushed to the hospital to have either his gallbladder or appendix removed. The year's not over yet, after all.

#14 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24169 posts) -

Overall it was pretty rough and terrible...though I didn't go hungry this time around so I suppose it was a slight improvement over the previous year.

#15 Posted by BiancaDK (18286 posts) -
#16 Edited by TheFlush (5324 posts) -
  • I became uncle of my cute nephew
  • Celebrated the 14th year of being in love with my boyfriend
  • Went to Japan on holiday
  • Went to Greece on holiday
  • Was able to buy a PS4 at launch
  • Still enjoy my job as art director
  • Redecorated my house

Yeah, 2013 was a good year!

#17 Posted by tofu-lion91 (13481 posts) -

The start of the year was same old same old, unhappy at work, unable to get into the career I wanted. Then I applied for the RAF in May - went through a load of selection tests, quit my job, broke up with my partner and started basic training last month. It's been a year of change but hopefully the start of something amazing :)

#18 Edited by deeliman (1858 posts) -

Lets see, after my mom finally got cured from cancer, my uncle now has terminal cancer and only about a year or so to live. But other than that is has been a somewhat decent year.

#19 Edited by Nengo_Flow (8773 posts) -

Literally my worst year in my life so far. Its so depressing compared to how great 2012 was for me, I was a very happy person.

Heart Break, loneliness, boredom, lacking $, having no friends, getting ignore by the handful of people I know, struggling semester of University, cant afford to pay for HD in my cable package and I wont be having HBO either, Computer busted had to buy a new one now this one is freezing every now and then, no friends, I spend all my days alone, people flat out ignore me, pretend I dont exist even when I contact them. My brother move out, leaving alone with the monstrosity that is my mother. I got my first ever driving ticket in the 6 years I've been driving and it almost got my license suspended. I have been needing to get new glasses but I still can afford to go to the eye doctor, I was finally gaining a bit of weight, then I got sick and lost it. My barber, who is literally the only one who knows how to cut my nappy head, moved to a further location that I got to drive to and there is always a 2 hour waiting period. I sold my friend my old PS3 back in the summer and he still hasnt paid me the money....

Nothing good has happened this year to be honest.

#20 Edited by sukraj (20586 posts) -

iT was a good year for me.

#21 Edited by dave123321 (32598 posts) -

Lovely time to be me

#22 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (16702 posts) -

Been pretty terrible even in face of positive change that has happened, mainly because the changing process was painful pretty much every time.

-Left my old PoS job which was nice, but there ended up being a week and a half of lag time between jobs that fucked me up financially.

-Got a new car! But that came at the price of having my old car get totaled just two weeks into my new job which caused me to miss days of work do to lack of transportation. Now I have a higher car payment, and on top of that my old car had been in pretty good shape and was about to be paid off this coming year. Had just spent over $400 earlier this year getting new tires on the damn thing and that money mine as well have been flushed down the toilet, which that is a good chunk of money for me.

-My pet Water Dragon passed away like 3-4 days before my accident as well.

-Now stuck with shitty tires on my car in the middle of a Michigan winter. Yeah, my car I got came with crap tires and I have lacked the funds to get new ones. Surprise this is also turning out to be a bit of a harsh winter too!

-Worked every fucking holiday so far this year so I haven't seen my extended family in forever.

-This week in particular has just sucked donkey balls. Drama at work, just had to work these last 4 days which meant working through Christmas Eve and Christmas BTW. Had been looking forward to going to a concert today and generally thought I had been doing well finally financially when surprise! The stupid car payment came out psychotically late so instead of sitting nice on $180 till payday on Wednesday, I suddenly have no money!

The only positive change that has occurred without some sort of bad transition is that I got a pet kitty and he is EPIC! Love my little Loki!

#23 Posted by one_plum (6091 posts) -

Not terrible, but somewhat disappointing. I realized I chose a career that's not for me but at least I'm ending the year knowing what I want to do for next year.

#24 Posted by Iszdope (8882 posts) -

Shite.

#25 Posted by Netret0120 (1517 posts) -

Bad things happened. Good things happened.

#26 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

It's going pretty bad, but there's ups.

One of my few biological family members are heading to court for distribution of Oxycodone. My grant money is running out, but the good part is my family business is averaging about 50k a month - not including income from our transporter trucks.

Hopefully I can hurry up and get my bachelors so I can enter the Marine Corp an officer. Debating on that decision at the moment.

#27 Posted by Iszdope (8882 posts) -

Make love, not war.

#28 Edited by junglist101 (5428 posts) -

Other than first world problems things went pretty well this year.

Edit: setting aside the horrible changes to this site that have cut my visits here by about 85%

#29 Posted by Iszdope (8882 posts) -

^

That's a shame.

#30 Posted by stuff238 (540 posts) -

I was in jail for the first 5 months. Got out. Can't find a job no matter how hard I try. Banged a bunch of women. Went to an awesome rave concert. Go to the gym fairly often. Had a good Christmas.

So I guess 50/50. Just wish I could hurry up with life and land a full time job. Would make me a hell of a lot happier. I hate not working. Makes me stir crazy.

#31 Edited by hippiesanta (9265 posts) -

been waiting for The Last of Us for years ..... and worth it

and I cry during Game of throne Red wedding

#32 Posted by kingdre (9456 posts) -

Pretty decent actually. Took charge of new projects at work and became more financially responsible (e.g. I could lose my job tomorrow and still be ok for several months). A good year 2013.

#33 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1917 posts) -

It's been a pretty good year, I flew out to California (I've always wanted to go there) for a job interview so flying away from home was a great experience for me.

#34 Edited by gamerguru100 (10087 posts) -

It was better than 2012 for reasons I won't go into.

#35 Posted by SultaN-s (78 posts) -

It was good and ... weird..

- Graduated from collage in February. (oh,how I hated collage!)
- Started at my current job in May. (Low pay, long hours, boring and out of my field of study. Still better than no job)
- I've been happy this year. Really happy!. (my life was sh*t since 2008 but that's over now :])
- I still have financial difficulties. (I hope I can buy car early next year)
- Played the best games I've ever played in my life this year (Ni no Kuni, Dragon Dogma and Persona 4 Golden)
- Finished my favorite novel. ( Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Eriksson. Saved me from my great 2012 depression)
- My first time ever on an airplane was this year ! ( It was wild XD and scary :-( )
- Lost weight :)
- Gained more weight :(
- Did many many new things this year.

All in all, it was an amazing year. Different from what I had expected.

#36 Edited by JustBeYourself (574 posts) -

@SultaN-s said:

It was good and ... weird..

- Graduated from collage in February. (oh,how I hated collage!)

Yeah, looks like you learned a lot there...

#37 Posted by Kenocratic (60 posts) -

A good year considering I upgraded to a i7 computer with a Radeon 7950 vid card. Previous pc was a Pentium 4 with a Radeon 4000 series card.

#38 Posted by ShepardCommandr (1513 posts) -

Crap like every other year before it.

#39 Posted by johnd13 (7357 posts) -

It was a good year. Nothing exciting but my life overall gradually improves I guess.

#40 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10036 posts) -

Crap like every other year before it.

Not a good attitude to have if you wanna improve it...

#41 Edited by GazaAli (21478 posts) -

I'm loving 2014 much more so far.

#42 Posted by playmynutz (5560 posts) -

I remember 2013 for Soul Sacrifice, Indicud, and moving to a new city.

2014 is feeling great!

#43 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10036 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

It was a good year. Nothing exciting but my life overall gradually improves I guess.

Hey, it's been a while.

How you been, man?

#44 Edited by konvikt_17 (21974 posts) -

@TheFlush said:
  • I became uncle of my cute nephew
  • Celebrated the 14th year of being in love with my boyfriend
  • Went to Japan on holiday
  • Went to Greece on holiday
  • Was able to buy a PS4 at launch
  • Still enjoy my job as art director
  • Redecorated my house

Yeah, 2013 was a good year!

I demand pics of your redecorated house!

always enjoyed the pics of your house youve posted in the past.

#45 Posted by johnd13 (7357 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Hey, it's been a while.

How you been, man?

Hey Shadow. Long time no see indeed.

I've been good. University, video games and reading A Song of Ice and Fire books. ;)

You? How is the publication of your book coming along?

#46 Posted by joehult (311 posts) -

Financially, did alright, paid off a lot of loans. But spring never existed, summer was one of the coldest, and it was one the shortest boating season in 40 years. It was basically lackluster, nothing memorable, except for a 1 week Bahama vacation last February.

#47 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (487 posts) -

Boring and uneventful. I got stuck in the usual mid-twenties rut; dead-end job, relationship troubles, exaggerating financial standpoint to my parents. Hopefully this year I can pull myself out of it.

Oh, and it was one of the worst years for video games I've seen: Aliens: Colonial Marines, Rome II, Walking Dead Survival Instinct, and BF4 were my most anticipated games and they all suck a fat one.

#48 Edited by ShadowsDemon (10036 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@ShadowsDemon said:

@johnd13 said:

Hey, it's been a while.

How you been, man?

Hey Shadow. Long time no see indeed.

I've been good. University, video games and reading A Song of Ice and Fire books. ;)

You? How is the publication of your book coming along?

Finally! Those books are awesome!

Yeah, I came very, very close, but the agent said there wasn't a market for adult sci-fi at the time (which I think is BS), so I'm writing another novel, more for young-adults, and doing a bunch of short stories.

Also, what are you studying at uni?

#49 Edited by Mercenary848 (9007 posts) -

Had its ups and downs. Started really good(school was awesome, concert, everything was cloud 9). But my depression caught up to me, I started questioning everything, and lost will. I lost a dear friend and suffered some severe blows to my ego. But honestly I have pulled myself up and regained my motivation and have stopped doubting myself. I even know what I wanted to do with my life. Also I learned in 2013 Happy or deprresed, rich or poor, quiet or exciting, and whether I try or not I can get girls to like me.