How to write tired?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts

Well I'm insanely tired and have to write a short response for my dang first-year seminar class.... I have only had 10 hours of sleep this entire weekend, and just want to sleep for 12 hours until class tomorrow morning....But of course this paper is due over the internet by 10pm tonight...What bullcrap.

We have one due each week and they (along with the online quiz) are worth 10 pts a piece. I'd just let it slide but I think we only have like 12 of these and it would be stupid to let my gpa slip over a 500 word essay..

BUT, I'm trying to read articles and my eyes wont even focus and my sentences don't even make sense so far...The prompt is "Why are polar bears drowning and dying of starvation (global warming)."

I mean if I stay like I am and don't pass out on my keyboard my essay is going to read like it was written by a drunken 10 year old. My short term memory doesn't even want to work. I read part of articles and forget what I just read, and I've already forgotten what I wrote in my first paragraph.

I did make the mistake of lying on the couch watching two hours of Surreal Life after work tonight, but I never get to watch TV and it's been a stressful weekend. I got up insanely tired even though I took down a large energy drink while watching it....No more energy drinks, and I'll die if I try to drive to the store...LOL

What would help to get through this thing? What do you guys do in this situation?  

jerami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 jerami
Member since 2003 • 1676 Posts
Now would be a good time to learn how to drink coffee :P -but seriously
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
Coffee, lots and lots of coffee.
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
Red Bull works too.
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
Red Bull works too.CrimzonTide
Not much, though. Coffee is better.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
Coffee, lots and lots of coffee.Silchas
and crack lot's of crack
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TallicaFan2005
Coffee, lots and lots of coffee.Silchas
Okay our coffee maker is hardcore stained and ugly. I wouldn't touched it. I tried cleaning it with everything I found...Even vinegar wont work....See I just proved to you I can't write with "I wouldn't touched it" and am too lazy to fix it but left it in there to prove the point....My god I just want to bang my head, get stitches and use that as an excuse :) But I did have an entire freaking week is what she would say, but I have so much other work.... I'm supposed to read 1/4 of The Glass Menagerie for theatre tomorrow too...I can just read more before next class though....This weekend sucked, I had to train some new kid at work and still finish all my own responsibilities...I got out 30 minutes late on a 9 hour shift yesterday, and as I said I got 4 hours of sleep Friday night, 6 hours last night.... .I love my job but they try to murder me with those hours.
zeppelin6591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zeppelin6591
Member since 2005 • 1332 Posts
Try chasing a few Lunestas with a glass of NyQuil, and put on some soothing music to stimulate your mind. You will be writing away in no time!
Sandro909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Sandro909
Member since 2004 • 15221 Posts

Put your pen on the paper, fall asleep, and wake up to discover all your wildest dreams expressed on the page. Trust me. :oops: It might look a little something like this...:

http://www.frostopolis.com/flog/pix/2005/06/bunny-scribble-guy.jpg

a55assin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 a55assin
Member since 2005 • 7603 Posts
A cold Shower...
nsj0806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 nsj0806
Member since 2006 • 2433 Posts
Global warming->glaciers melting->polar bears live on the melting glaciers->glaciers break apart->polar bear stuck on small iceberg-> polar bear has no food->polar bear dies
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts

Put your pen on the paper, fall asleep, and wake up to discover all your wildest dreams expressed on the page. Trust me. :oops: It might look a little something like this...:

http://www.frostopolis.com/flog/pix/2005/06/bunny-scribble-guy.jpg

Sandro909
Nice pic! :P
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TallicaFan2005
Global warming->glaciers melting->polar bears live on the melting glaciers->glaciers break apart->polar bear stuck on small iceberg-> polar bear has no food->polar bear diesnsj0806
Could you extend that to 500 words please :~p...This is what I have so far: Global warming is a threat to all life on Earth. With the global climate change comes local climate change which forces life in certain climate zones to either leave, adjust or die. With global warming happening so quickly there is little time for most species to adjust their way of living to survive. Polar bears are one of those species. Booyah!
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
The mistake was losing your sanity by watching the surreal life in the first place.
PercivalCox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PercivalCox
Member since 2007 • 985 Posts
plunge an adrenaline shot directly into your heart.
Stupid-Bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Stupid-Bastard
Member since 2006 • 3221 Posts

Well I'm insanely tired and have to write a short response for my dang first-year seminar class.... I have only had 10 hours of sleep this entire weekend, and just want to sleep for 12 hours until class tomorrow morning....But of course this paper is due over the internet by 10pm tonight...What bullcrap.

We have one due each week and they (along with the online quiz) are worth 10 pts a piece. I'd just let it slide but I think we only have like 12 of these and it would be stupid to let my gpa slip over a 500 word essay..

BUT, I'm trying to read articles and my eyes wont even focus and my sentences don't even make sense so far...The prompt is "Why are polar bears drowning and dying of starvation (global warming)."

I mean if I stay like I am and don't pass out on my keyboard my essay is going to read like it was written by a drunken 10 year old. My short term memory doesn't even want to work. I read part of articles and forget what I just read, and I've already forgotten what I wrote in my first paragraph.

I did make the mistake of lying on the couch watching two hours of Surreal Life after work tonight, but I never get to watch TV and it's been a stressful weekend. I got up insanely tired even though I took down a large energy drink while watching it....No more energy drinks, and I'll die if I try to drive to the store...LOL

What would help to get through this thing? What do you guys do in this situation?

TallicaFan2005
That's 277 words. If that had been your essay, you'd be half-way done by now. And it seemed pretty well-written to me. I'm sure you'll be fine.
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
I guess you must not be that tired since you have enough energy to make this 277 word post.