How to move on with life if online identity has been exposed

• 61 results
#51 Edited by MDK12345 (953 posts) -

I realized something guys, after reading each and everyone of your posts. That they probably couldn't link me, but even if they somehow did... I didn't really write anything way out there. And the stuff I did, it's all been deleted and they searched even through archives and it wasn't in there. They were pissed it was gone. All the rest is just jibberish, boring, and meaningless. So I think the only people that care about what I wrote are those guys with no lives. But even if someone relevant did know what my handle was, I realized that everything is pretty clean. Most was deleted already. There may be a few embarrassing and funny posts buried down there, but they aren't incriminating or hateful or unethical. Just a little embarrassing and made me seem like an American Pie character. The main thing that frightened me I guess was just the fact that there are a few people who all of a sudden started bringing it up out of the blue.

#52 Posted by jasean79 (2371 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

I realized something guys, after reading each and everyone of your posts. That they probably couldn't link me, but even if they somehow did... I didn't really write anything way out there. And the stuff I did, it's all been deleted and they searched even through archives and it wasn't in there. They were pissed it was gone. All the rest is just jibberish, boring, and meaningless. So I think the only people that care about what I wrote are those guys with no lives. But even if someone relevant did know what my handle was, I realized that everything is pretty clean. Most was deleted already. There may be a few embarrassing and funny posts buried down there, but they aren't incriminating or hateful or unethical. Just a little embarrassing and made me seem like an American Pie character. The main thing that frightened me I guess was just the fact that there are a few people who all of a sudden started bringing it up out of the blue.

I can guarantee that I've said worse in emails during past jobs that I've held...and they keep that info saved on their servers forever! Thankfully, it was never brought up or I would've been fired years ago.

I would treat your situation as a positive thing. It's flattering that someone would bring you up years after the fact "just because". It means at least, that you had an impact on that forum at one time. There's nothing incriminating that they can hold against you...it's not like you were working for the government and released confidential information over social media channels....right?

#53 Edited by aGuerillaUnit (79 posts) -

Why would you even give a shit dude? its just a forum who give a damn what anyone thinks of you. People arent above you, no ones better than anyone else, thats all u need to remember. You always have the choice of saying "i dont give a shit what u think, fuck u" and walking away.

also i notice u said "some are adults" what are adults exactly? adults arent shit, adults are the same as anyone else, they just look old from aging. Thats it. Anyone can be an adult, a dumbass can be an adult, a murderer can be an adult, a pedophile can be an adult.

anyone can be a parent, a murderer can be a parent, a dumbass with an IQ of 20 can be a parent, parents dont mean shit. When youre a kid you think adults know everything, adults dont know jack shit. Adults road raging on the road... thats the most childish shit u could ever do is road rage. u see what im saying, theres an illusion, no one is better than anyone else.

people will always be the same inside, its just aging that makes an illusion that people are wise, smart, nice. I still have the same thought process when I was 5 years old. The little kids around me were delusional unaware brainwashable pieces of shit.

#54 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Well first I don't give a shit what others think of me. I am going to be me and you be you. So I guess I wouldn't care if they found out.

#55 Posted by indzman (17630 posts) -

Well first I don't give a shit what others think of me. I am going to be me and you be you. So I guess I wouldn't care if they found out.

lol wut ? why r u talking to yourself in third person ? =P

#56 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@indzman said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Third person...you might want to look up the meaning to that word again before using it. I am not talking in third person.

Me talking in third person would have went like this..."Well first AmazonTreeBoa doesn't give a shit what others think of him. AmazonTreeBoa is going to be him and you be you. So AmazonTreeBoa guesses AmazonTreeBoa wouldn't care if they found out."

Also how you got that I was talking to myself when I posted in a thread to others is beyond me. Stay off the drugs or get some more sleep.

#57 Edited by indzman (17630 posts) -

@indzman said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Third person...you might want to look up the meaning to that word again before using it. I am not talking in third person.

Me talking in third person would have went like this..."Well first AmazonTreeBoa doesn't give a shit what others think of him. AmazonTreeBoa is going to be him and you be you. So AmazonTreeBoa guesses AmazonTreeBoa wouldn't care if they found out."

Also how you got that I was talking to myself when I posted in a thread to others is beyond me. Stay off the drugs or get some more sleep.

Sorry :oops:

#58 Posted by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@indzman: what are you on indzman lol must be some good shit man lol

#59 Posted by indzman (17630 posts) -

@indzman: what are you on indzman lol must be some good shit man lol

maybe , i ain't sharing or telling =P

#60 Edited by whipassmt (14024 posts) -

If people are giving you a hassle over things they found out you posted a while ago, you should point out that that was a while ago and you were younger back then and you have matured since then. Besides I'll bet there online history could be embarrassing too.

#61 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58099 posts) -

You're doomed... unless you can make new friends.

#62 Posted by Hemmaroids (3160 posts) -

Internet is serious business. I'm sure there are some messages from the 1970's on here, UNIX etc.