How to get rid of psychopath

• 56 results
#1 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

The last 3 years i'm avoiding someone like plague

he doesn't seem to get it, I never call, I never have time, still he persists

What's even worse, he's gossiping about me, and he's always asking me personal stuff. I always tell him bullshit though, but It starts to really annoy me.

I know some stuff about him and i think he thinks i will expose him, He works in showbizz. I don't care less to be honest. I'm also someone that can keeps his mouth shut. I know it for sure because he had therapy for it, he even told me.

How do I get rid of him?

I also come to the point: I already let it seem i don't want anything to do with him anymore, but then he calls on the telephone (not on the cell) so i wouldn't know it is him calling, he comes uninvited, he also comes threatening me and then calls later just like nothing happened.

#2 Posted by Master_Live (14591 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

What's even worse, he's gossiping about me, and he's always asking me personal stuff. I always tell him bullshit though, but It starts to really annoy me.

I know some stuff about him and i think he thinks i will expose him, He works in showbizz. I don't care less to be honest. I'm also someone that can keeps his mouth shut. I know it for sure because he had therapy for it, he even told me.

How do I get rid of him?

Where you two on a relationship?

#3 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@evildead6789 said:

How do I get rid of him?

no, it's another guy lol

#4 Posted by kaealy (1465 posts) -

"he had therapy"

He didn't, even if he did, therapy doesn't work for psychopaths.

#5 Edited by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

I really want to know who he is but i'm sure you won't tell me. I would suggest you call the cops on him or tell him you will expose everything if he bothers you again.

#6 Posted by Makhaidos (1614 posts) -

Oh, you don't really mean that. We both know you still love me. Now quit playing around. :D

#7 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@CyberLips said:

I really want to know who he is but i'm sure you won't tell me. I would suggest you call the cops on him or tell him you will expose everything if he bothers you again.

Well you wouldn't know him, he's not that hot shot and i live in europe. Still I would rather not be calling the cops if it isn't needed, I don't have any real evidence. Well, I'm a grown man, i supposse I should solve this shit myself, but handling crazy persons is kinda difficult, you don't really know what to expect.

#8 Posted by playmynutz (5983 posts) -

europe is dangerous lol

#9 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@evildead6789:

#10 Posted by hippiesanta (9866 posts) -

@evildead6789: he love you but you didnt give him what he wants

#11 Edited by Master_Live (14591 posts) -

@evildead6789: I would suggest changing phone numbers etc. He probably knows where you live, doesn't he? If it continues and you are serious about it, I would try to file a restriction order.

@the_bi99man: Not yet.

#12 Edited by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

Simple - tell him you don't like him and you don't want to see him.

If avoiding him hasn't worked, then be blunt about it.

If he calls you, hang up on him.

If he comes to your house uninvited, don't let him in and slam the door in his face.

If he threatens you, call the police and/or get a restraining order.

Just get him out of your life.

#13 Posted by BranKetra (48605 posts) -
@kaealy said:

"he had therapy"

Do you have a source to confirm this?

#14 Posted by sukraj (22790 posts) -

lovers tiff

#15 Edited by BattleSpectre (6128 posts) -

Barrett 50.Cal. Mother fucker won't see it coming providing your aim is on par, but you'll wake up the whole neighbourhood with one shot.

#16 Posted by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@the_bi99man said:

@evildead6789:

Where i live guns are forbidden, so is pepperspray

#17 Posted by thegerg (15237 posts) -

If it's really that big of a deal, and he's really causing issues, have state issue a no contact order (or whatever the equivalent is in whatever silly place you live).

#18 Posted by GazaAli (22841 posts) -

I know this type of people but to be fair I never came across someone on that disturbing level. I would resort to legal action if it was available where you live. Having someone like this in one's life can be tormenting.

#19 Posted by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@thegerg said:

If it's really that big of a deal, and he's really causing issues, have state issue a no contact order (or whatever the equivalent is in whatever silly place you live).

this is not the usa, bringing someone to court is not that easy besides i am looking for other peacefull ways, the guy teends to be very paranoid and that's my biggest problem

#20 Posted by thegerg (15237 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

this is not the usa, bringing someone to court is not that easy besides i am looking for other peacefull ways, the guy teends to be very paranoid and that's my biggest problem

1-I'm not sure how it works wherever you live, but here you don't have to bring him to court.

2-My suggestion is peaceful

#21 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -
@Sword-Demon said:

Simple - tell him you don't like him and you don't want to see him.

If avoiding him hasn't worked, then be blunt about it.

If he calls you, hang up on him.

If he comes to your house uninvited, don't let him in and slam the door in his face.

If he threatens you, call the police and/or get a restraining order.

Just get him out of your life.

Well, i think i'll get more blunt about it if he persists, my biggest problem is if he comes at my door again. He is a sizy person and i'm not, i'm considering to order pepperspray, i could get a gun if i really want it but if they caught me with that , i could have a lot of problems, pepperspray is only a f300$ fine. Using it on him could be a problem though

I do know he's kind of a pussy when it comes to physical contact, but he knows i'm a peacefull person. A dog would really scare him though. Pepperspray probably too. I don't think a gun would scare him, he knows i wouldn't do that kind of thing.

pepperspay is pretty small to carry around too, a basebal bat for instance is too big to carry around.

#22 Posted by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

@evildead6789: The best way is to find someone new and rub it in his face. He might be more obliged to leave you alone or kill you.

Either way he will see you've moved on lol.

I understand you wanting a peaceful resolution but you can't Ghandi your way out of every situation.

You are going to have to take matters in your own hands.

#23 Edited by Ariabed (1105 posts) -

@evildead6789: @the_bi99man said:

@evildead6789:

Where do you live, Disney land!?

Just call this guy up on the phone, tell him you want nothing to do with him anymore and if he shows up at your house you will call the cops, tell him that. Or change address.

What ever you do be careful. You don't want to get involved in a physical confrontation, although you think he is a pussy hole, if what you know about him is damaging enough who knows what he will do.

#24 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@bowchicka07 said:

@evildead6789: The best way is to find someone new and rub it in his face. He might be more obliged to leave you alone or kill you.

I understand you wanting a peaceful resolution but you can't Ghandi your way out of every situation.

this is not a love entanglement, we were two friends. He just got paranoid over the years

#25 Posted by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@bowchicka07 said:

this is not a love entanglement, we were two friends. He just got paranoid over the years

Are you it's not jealousy instead though?

#26 Posted by kaealy (1465 posts) -

@BranKetra:

@BranKetra said:
@kaealy said:

"he had therapy"

You could just google Psychopath(sociopath) and therapy. There's some that claim it can be done, the word is still though is that it doesn't work and the sociopath/psychopath will only use therapy to their own advantage.

#27 Posted by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@bowchicka07 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@bowchicka07 said:

Are you it's not jealousy instead though?

yeah,he has always been a jealous person, but i don't think that's it at this time

#28 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@ariabed said:

@evildead6789: @the_bi99man said:

@evildead6789:

Where do you live, Disney land!?

Just call this guy up on the phone, tell him you want nothing to do with him anymore and if he shows up at your house you will call the cops, tell him that. Or change address.

What ever you do be careful. You don't want to get involved in a physical confrontation, although you think he is a pussy hole, if what you know about him is damaging enough who knows what he will do.

Well, i can understand some parts of europe are disneyland compared to the usa though

doesn't change the fact he's trying to ruin my disneyland

well what i know about him is damaging, but not like life ending, he would just get the rage of another person over him, maybe even some public bs, but not that much, he was still pretty young when it happened. i said he's paranoid and he been using weed now and then too which only makes it worse

I haven't called him once the last three years, i supposse he will give up eventually. Other people i talked about it (that know him) say it's a mixture of both, the stuff i know about him, and he doesn't want the friendship to end. In his eyes he did nothing wrong, but i don't get along with people who distrust that much, pretend to be saints while they're not and are jealous in a sick way

#29 Posted by Ariabed (1105 posts) -

@evildead6789:

"I haven't called him once the last three years, i supposse he will give up eventually"

If he hasn't given up in three years I don't think he will get over it any time soon.

#30 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@ariabed said:

@evildead6789:

"I haven't called him once the last three years, i supposse he will give up eventually"

If he hasn't given up in three years I don't think he will get over it any time soon.

nah he will, maybe i exagerrated, i think i did meet him once or twice, i only broke contact completely last year

#31 Posted by BranKetra (48605 posts) -

@kaealy: I prefer users providing sources instead of telling me to search for them myself. I am not the one who made that claim, after all.

#32 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@kaealy: I prefer users providing sources instead of telling me to search for them myself. I am not the one who made that claim, after all.

I must say that's a bit common knowledge what he was saying

if it's true that another matter.

#33 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (6519 posts) -

@BranKetra said:
@kaealy said:

"he had therapy"

Common knowledge that most personlity disorders are uncurable. Antisocial personality disorder is one of them.

At most some of the side effects of the disorder can be worked with, but you will never be cured, atleast that is the viewpoint from most psychological institutians. So at most some of the side effects can be lessened but not the personality disorder. The potential ill effects can be lessened by either meds or therapy.

random odd bit of knowlage of the day O.o

#34 Edited by thegerg (15237 posts) -

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@BranKetra said:
@kaealy said:

"he had therapy"

Common knowledge that most personlity disorders are uncurable. Antisocial personality disorder is one of them.

At most some of the side effects of the disorder can be worked with, but you will never be cured, atleast that is the viewpoint from most psychological institutians. So at most some of the side effects can be lessened but not the personality disorder. The potential ill effects can be lessened by either meds or therapy.

He didn't ask anything about that. He asked the other user to support his claim that therapy doesn't work for psychopaths.

#35 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26261 posts) -

Are you sure you are not the psychopath? You want to be the person you are stalking and can't stop assuming their identity, to the point in which you yourself think you are being stalked?

#36 Edited by foxhound_fox (88337 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Master_Live said:

@evildead6789 said:

How do I get rid of him?

no, it's another guy lol

That's not abnormal. In fact, for a lot of people these days, it's completely acceptable.

#37 Posted by BranKetra (48605 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@BranKetra said:
@kaealy said:

"he had therapy"

He didn't ask anything about that. He asked the other user to support his claim that therapy doesn't work for psychopaths.

Indeed.

#38 Posted by kaealy (1465 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@thegerg said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@BranKetra said:
@kaealy said:

"he had therapy"

Indeed.

What's the point in giving one source when you can google and get a lot of them and make your own mind up? There's credible historians that deny that the holocaust occurred, would you believe it if I linked you a source for that too?

#39 Edited by thegerg (15237 posts) -

@kaealy said:

@BranKetra said:

@thegerg said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@BranKetra said:
@kaealy said:

"he had therapy"

Indeed.

What's the point in giving one source when you can google and get a lot of them and make your own mind up? There's credible historians that deny that the holocaust occurred, would you believe it if I linked you a source for that too?

The point is that you should make an effort to support your own claims. That's how conversations work.

#40 Posted by jasean79 (2374 posts) -

@kaealy:

Don't feed the trolls. :D

#41 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:

Are you sure you are not the psychopath? You want to be the person you are stalking and can't stop assuming their identity, to the point in which you yourself think you are being stalked?

No, i don't try to contact him

he tries to contact me

#42 Edited by BranKetra (48605 posts) -

@kaealy said:

@BranKetra said:

@thegerg said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@BranKetra said:
@kaealy said:

"he had therapy"

Indeed.

There actually are not and to be blunt that is a bad comparison. The holocaust is a well documented event to have had occurred in which millions of individuals were killed. Contrarily, psychology is a developing field. It was only a few decades ago that America permanently locked away psychotic patients for their illnesses, gave them only typical antipsychotics with terrible side effects, and administered shock therapy. Now, there is a greater variety of treatment programs used by the medical field to assist individuals diagnosed with psychosis in order to keep them out of hospitals, social, and most importantly healthy. Therapist to patient therapy is one of those many ways.

Individual psychotherapy: This involves regular sessions between just the patient and a therapist focused on past or current problems, thoughts, feelings, or relationships. Thus, via contact with a trained professional, people with psychosis become able to understand more about the illness, to learn about themselves, and to better handle the problems of their daily lives. They can become better able to differentiate between what is real and, by contrast, what is not and can acquire beneficial problem-solving skills.

http://www.medicinenet.com/psychotic_disorders/page7.htm#is_it_possible_to_treat_psychotic_disorders_without_medication

The point is as thegerg said; conversations in forums work better when you have a source to support your claim than telling other users to Google the information themselves. It is better reading material. Besides that, I know people in the psychology field who approve of therapy in the treatment of psychosis because of its effectiveness, so I find your claim doubly dubious.

@jasean79 said:

@kaealy:

Requesting a source in favor of another user's claim that goes against professional statements is about as far from trolling as someone could possibly be.

#43 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@kaealy said:

@BranKetra said:

@thegerg said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@BranKetra said:
@kaealy said:

"he had therapy"

Indeed.

There actually are not and to be blunt that is a bad comparison. The holocaust is a well documented event to have had occurred in which millions of individuals were killed. Contrarily, psychology is a developing field. It was only a few decades ago that America permanently locked away psychotic patients for their illness, gave them only typical antipsychotics with terrible side effects, and administered shock therapy. Now, there is a greater variety of treatment programs used by the medical field to assist individuals diagnosed with psychosis in order to keep them out of hospitals, social, and most importantly healthy. Therapist to patient therapy is one of those many ways.

Individual psychotherapy: This involves regular sessions between just the patient and a therapist focused on past or current problems, thoughts, feelings, or relationships. Thus, via contact with a trained professional, people with psychosis become able to understand more about the illness, to learn about themselves, and to better handle the problems of their daily lives. They can become better able to differentiate between what is real and, by contrast, what is not and can acquire beneficial problem-solving skills.

http://www.medicinenet.com/psychotic_disorders/page7.htm#is_it_possible_to_treat_psychotic_disorders_without_medication

The point is as thegerg said; conversations in forums work better when you have a source to support your claim than telling other users to Google the information themselves. It is better reading material. Besides that, I know people in the psychology field who approve of therapy in the treatment of psychosis, so I find your claim doubly dubious.

@jasean79 said:

@kaealy:

Requesting a source in favor of another user's claim that goes against professional statements is about as far from trolling as someone could possibly be.

having a psychosis or being psychotic and being a psychopath are two very different things. It's actually an insult to people who are being psychotic, most people that are psychotic are not antisocial and do care about other people, they just have problems with certain aspects of reality.

They actually don't have nothing to do with each other, not in a strict sense any way. You could say being a psychopath is a form of psychosis because they don't realize other people's feelings and emotions, but that's not true.

They just don't care about them.

Two of the 16 characteristics of a psychopath/sociapath are

1. Absence of delusions and other signs of irrational thinking
  2. Absence of "nervousness" or psychoneurotic manifestation

These are 2 characteriscs that are the basics of phychosis and you have these in all forms. Most psychotic people that have such a severe case of psychosis they don't realize the right and wrong anymore are not only very rare, it's also the heaviest form of psychosis, because knowing the difference between right and wrong are one of the last things to go, if they do something wrong, it's because they act out of anxiety, because they think someone will harm them. They will threat before they act as well.

I got this information from wikipedia and my shooling, I did study psychology when i was younger. I also know that what that guy is doing (what i mentioned in the first post) , is psychopathic behaviour.

#44 Edited by BranKetra (48605 posts) -

My apologies. I had not heard or read those two terms used to describe different conditions until a moment ago.

#45 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

My apologies. I had not heard or read those two terms used to describe different conditions until a moment ago.

Well, i guess the movie american psycho did give the wrong impression to a lot of people lol

The movie is about being a psychopath not a person with a psychosis

His sudden change of heart at the end, is because he thought he was gonna get caught and that is the basics of psychopaths, they will do things , because they think they can get away with it.

A normal person won't , he will follow morals and conscience. Psychopaths stems mostly from families that don't care for their children. They simply never learned the feelings about other people and they were probably not cared for as well. The ones that were harmed severely are the worst.

That's why therapy doesn't help in later years, it's pretty much hardwired into the brain.

edit : you always have the nature/nurture question as well, some can forget their bad childhood and some have abnormal parts in the brain. The older they get, the harder they get cured, if they ever get cured. The ones with braintrauma can only adapt probably, but i'm no expert.

#46 Edited by darkmark91 (2868 posts) -

Have you tried killing it with fire?

#47 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@the_bi99man said:

@evildead6789:

I feel sorry for you, and the children that you may have some day, if you don't already.

Seriously though, the reason this is an issue is because you're being a pussy about it. Assuming everything you've said about this guy is true (comes by your place uninvited and threatens you, then acts like it didn't happen), he's clearly a maniac, and isn't going to leave you alone unless you make him. The next time he calls you, answer the phone, tell him that if he ever contacts you again you're going to the police. Then, don't wait for him to try to contact you again. Go the police immediately, and tell them everything, including the threats and the harassment. If that doesn't get them to do something about it, then pack your shit and move to country that isn't populated and run by pussies.

In the place I grew up, if someone came to my home uninvited and threatened me, I would have been within my legal rights to blow his head off with my .45 colt revolver. Which has actually happened before in that place, quite a few times. And nobody cared. Because where I grew up, people see the headline, "trespassing man threatens resident, is shot 7 times", they say, "good news". That's what a sane society, where people are allowed to defend themselves, looks like.

#48 Posted by Iszdope (9988 posts) -

Touch his shoulder and tell him you love him.

#49 Posted by adders99 (2610 posts) -

you just need to call the cops... No evidence is needed. just putting a complaint in and them following it up should be enough to scare the person off. if not then you will have the evidence when they dont leave you alone

#50 Edited by evildead6789 (7741 posts) -

@the_bi99man said:

@evildead6789 said:

@the_bi99man said:

@evildead6789:

I feel sorry for you, and the children that you may have some day, if you don't already.

Seriously though, the reason this is an issue is because you're being a pussy about it. Assuming everything you've said about this guy is true (comes by your place uninvited and threatens you, then acts like it didn't happen), he's clearly a maniac, and isn't going to leave you alone unless you make him. The next time he calls you, answer the phone, tell him that if he ever contacts you again you're going to the police. Then, don't wait for him to try to contact you again. Go the police immediately, and tell them everything, including the threats and the harassment. If that doesn't get them to do something about it, then pack your shit and move to country that isn't populated and run by pussies.

In the place I grew up, if someone came to my home uninvited and threatened me, I would have been within my legal rights to blow his head off with my .45 colt revolver. Which has actually happened before in that place, quite a few times. And nobody cared. Because where I grew up, people see the headline, "trespassing man threatens resident, is shot 7 times", they say, "good news". That's what a sane society, where people are allowed to defend themselves, looks like.

yes but we don't need metal dedectors in high shools, I think both system has his advantages and disadvantages.

Blowing his head off is no solution, then i gotta live with the fact i killed somenone, besides he didn't threaten my life.he's just being a pain in the ass. He wants to know stuff about me so he can use it against me.

I suppose i can call the cops but I don't think i would do that before i put it to him bluntly i don't want nothing to with him anymore, I already let it seem by asking him what he was doing here the last time he was here, I also said I didn't really need to see him. The time before that he was visiting me uninvited as well and he asked me to call and I said i wouldn't. Now he called me recently to ask if was coming over, i said it didn't fit my shedule.

I think he will give up sooner or later, if he doesn't then i will have to be more clearly i presume. It's kinda weird that he hasn't given up already, we were good friends in the past though, and that's what makes it hard to see wether he has genuine interest or that he's just being paranoid. Or maybe he just want be an asshole about it i don't want anything to do with him anymore.

If someone showed such lack of interest in myself, i would surely not go and visit him unexpected and keep on calling while the other person never calls. I can understand you're saying i'm a pussy about it, but I live in a non violent culture. People don't just say fuck off around here allthough i pretty much already said that in a friendly manner to him since he came to my house and i was avoiding him. I once made a joke about what I knew about him. He needed four years of therapy then to realize i was just making a joke and i didn't want to screw him over. He suffered anxiety attacks as well then. I only made the joke because he was gossiping about me.

I don't want people with such paranoid behaviour in my life, I'm not strong enough to mind what i say all the time so he wouldn't get crazy.