How the hell did True Detective become a hit?

#1 Edited by aGuerillaUnit (79 posts) -

I just dont fucking understand..

I watched the first 40 minutes and shut it off.

A lot of talking happened, they went to the crime scene, now theyre after a murderer.

OH WOW!! BIG FUCKING DEAL. What pulled someone in on episode 1? what was it? That 2 detectives are LOOKING FOR A MURDERER that does weird shit to the corpses?

Why would anyone move onto episode 2? I know people only watch it because people say its good. Yeah sure maybe it does get good at episode 4 or 5 but who in their right fucking mind would move on after episode 1?

What if you were on vacation watching TV and you were just channel switching and you landed on it and the channel was some random canadian channel. Episode 1.

are you really telling me after watching that first episode you would go home and search up episode 2?

this makes no god damn sense. Are you really telling me you were pulled in on episode 1 of 2 detectives looking for a murderer in some RED NECK TOWN?

jesus.. fucking christ.. man

#2 Posted by jasean79 (2402 posts) -

I'm getting the sense....you really didn't like the show?

#3 Edited by Korvus (9055 posts) -

@jasean79: Wow, that's some deduction! Are you a true detective?

#4 Edited by aGuerillaUnit (79 posts) -

and dont even say "good acting", theyre playing 2 boring fuckin red neck detectives, good acting my fuckin..

#5 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26733 posts) -

#6 Posted by jasean79 (2402 posts) -

@korvus said:

@jasean79: Wow, that's some deduction! Are you a true detective?

Well, I don't like to brag, but yes, yes I am.

#7 Posted by -Blasphemy- (3302 posts) -

good writing, the ending really made me want to see what happened next.

#9 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (28342 posts) -

@aGuerillaUnit said:

Don't bother watching The Sopranos or The Wire, then.

#10 Posted by Aljosa23 (26184 posts) -

@aGuerillaUnit said:

LOL

Your loss, m8. Best show in a long time.

#11 Posted by aGuerillaUnit (79 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@aGuerillaUnit said:

LOL

Your loss, m8. Best show in a long time.

how? how could anyone watch 2 detectives looking for a murderer out in the country and think its unique or special? I watched breaking bad because of its storyline of a teacher trying to cook meth and teaming up with a young punk. Thats unique. How the hell does someone watch 2 detectives doing their job and think its a good show?

#12 Edited by jasean79 (2402 posts) -

@sammyjenkis898 said:

@aGuerillaUnit said:

Don't bother watching The Sopranos or The Wire, then.

I'm guessing Saturday Morning Cartoons are more his thing. :D

#13 Edited by mjorh (1464 posts) -

Seriously this is like one of the best shows ever , it's not your type and that doesn't mean it's bad !

#14 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

Mmm dat Alexandra Daddario nude scene. amazing tits.

#15 Posted by DaBrainz (7721 posts) -

I sat through the whole thing in a couple of days waiting for it to get good. Didn't Happen.

#16 Posted by mjorh (1464 posts) -

@DaBrainz said:

I sat through the whole thing in a couple of days waiting for it to get good. Didn't Happen.

Would u mind elaborating us why u think it's not good? what was your expectations?

#17 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20915 posts) -

That hot chick. Yeah.....

#18 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6878 posts) -

Matthew McConhaughey.

#19 Edited by SexyJazzCat (1630 posts) -

I didn't think it was anything special until i actually progressed through the series. I personally love cat and mouse games with serial killers in detective shows, so that kept me hooked. I love Se7en, Zodiac, Hannibal, etc. Not to mention Matthews acting was phenomenal. The only person getting in the way of Matthews emmy is Cranston.

#20 Edited by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

So you couldn't give the show a fair chance? 40 minutes? Why not finish the whole first Episode at least? You can't even say you watched Episode 1.

I literally just finished watching Season 1 for the first time, that is what I have been doing for the last 8 hours. The show was good but overrated. So funny thinking about the people wetting their panties for Season 2 here in OT, was this the ground breaking shit everybody was taking about? Top notch television by HBO but I was expecting more.

#21 Edited by KHAndAnime (14921 posts) -

Sounds like OP is suffering from Michael Bay syndrome. May the Lord have mercy on his soul.

#22 Posted by Brain_Duster (473 posts) -

People have low standards.

#23 Edited by uninspiredcup (13569 posts) -

Because people are not you and your opinion is not the ten commandments.

#24 Posted by Jankarcop (10864 posts) -

@aGuerillaUnit said:

I just dont fucking understand..

A lot of talking happened, they went to the crime scene, now theyre after a murderer.

OH WOW!! BIG FUCKING DEAL. What pulled someone in on episode 1? what was it? That 2 detectives are LOOKING FOR A MURDERER that does weird shit to the corpses?

Why would anyone move onto episode 2? I know people only watch it because people say its good. Yeah sure maybe it does get good at episode 4 or 5 but who in their right fucking mind would move on after episode 1?

What if you were on vacation watching TV and you were just channel switching and you landed on it and the channel was some random canadian channel. Episode 1.

are you really telling me after watching that first episode you would go home and search up episode 2?

this makes no god damn sense. Are you really telling me you were pulled in on episode 1 of 2 detectives looking for a murderer in some RED NECK TOWN?

jesus.. fucking christ.. man

You have bad taste. Thats how it became a hit.

#25 Edited by Hatiko (4630 posts) -

I didn't like it. The acting was good but I had no idea what was going on or what the heck anyone was saying due to Woody Harrelson not possessing the ability to talk like he doesn't have something in his mouth and the fact that MM's character talked like he was half asleep so I had no clue what either of them was saying and I got tired of rewinding every 10 secs to try and find out.

#26 Edited by bobaban (10560 posts) -

The car conversation was phenomenal, you're plebeian mind couldn't grasp those concepts they were discussing. Good riddance.

#27 Posted by aGuerillaUnit (79 posts) -

@bobaban said:

The car conversation was phenomenal, you're plebeian mind couldn't grasp those concepts they were discussing. Good riddance.

yeah this shows for kids that think theyre fuckin smart yet none of u pussies would be able to beat me in any video game, take a hike

#28 Edited by jasean79 (2402 posts) -

@aGuerillaUnit said:

@bobaban said:

yeah this shows for kids that think theyre fuckin smart yet none of u pussies would be able to beat me in any video game, take a hike

#29 Edited by dave123321 (34436 posts) -

Different tastes I guess

#30 Edited by aGuerillaUnit (79 posts) -
@dave123321 said:

Different tastes I guess

no not different tastes, u have to be out of ur mind to watch a show about 2 red neck detectives looking for a killer in a redneck town and be entertained and have the balls to say its good

#31 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

@aGuerillaUnit said:
@dave123321 said:

Different tastes I guess

no not different tastes, u have to be out of ur mind to watch a show about 2 red neck detectives looking for a killer in a redneck town and be entertained and have the balls to say its good

trying too hard.

#32 Edited by Aljosa23 (26184 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

So you couldn't give the show a fair chance? 40 minutes? Why not finish the whole first Episode at least? You can't even say you watched Episode 1.

I literally just finished watching Season 1 for the first time, that is what I have been doing for the last 8 hours. The show was good but overrated. So funny thinking about the people wetting their panties for Season 2 here in OT, was this the ground breaking shit everybody was taking about? Top notch television by HBO but I was expecting more.

It has an 85% on Rotten Tomatoes though, shouldn't you love it?

also lol'd at calling it "overrated". Just going to disregard all your opinions from now on

#33 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@Master_Live said:

It has an 85% on Rotten Tomatoes though, shouldn't you love it?

also lol'd at calling it "overrated". Just going to disregard all your opinions from now on

Why should I love it if it has an 85% on Rotten Tomatoes?

Why lol'd? I didn't say the show was bad, I say it has been overly praised. Now if I don't think True Detective is the greatest thing since sliced bread there must be something wrong with me, figure that.

#34 Posted by SexyJazzCat (1630 posts) -

@aGuerillaUnit: You're right tc. The majority is crazy. You're the only sane one here.

#35 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2485 posts) -

The first episode is probably the worst one of the series, the same thing goes for game of thrones, you have to get passed the first episode to just understand all the characters, it get ALOT better.

#36 Posted by aGuerillaUnit (79 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

The first episode is probably the worst one of the series, the same thing goes for game of thrones, you have to get passed the first episode to just understand all the characters, it get ALOT better.

which is why im wondering how the fuck this shitty show ever became a hit.. whos the fuckin idiot that moved on to episode 2?