How much bandwidth does online gaming, youtube etc take up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

So were on a plan with uncapped speeds and 20GB allowance per month (I live in NZ,no unlimited plans which is completely dumb.Well actually there is but they say they reduce the speeds inside the hours of 9am and 2am.like wtf?) anyway.
We keep going over our allowance which is super annoying because they put us on dial up(which shouldnt even be an acceptable standard anymore)for the rest of the month which I cant stand.
So im trying to figure out where our bandwidth is going.Does anyone know how much online gaming(ps3) would take up per hour? or youtube videos.
My sister blames me for online gaming,where as she watches documentaries online, and I know she at least used to watch movies online aswell.

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Online gaming is next to nothing really YouTube will take up a lot though... I guess you can go into playback options on youtube and change it so it always plays in regular quality as oppose to HD/HQ Though I still find it hard to imagine you're using 20GB a month purely on YouTube.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
what ISPs are you guys using? I get none of that crap and could do what I please. But then again, I dont dl huge files, just music.
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _Cadbury_
Online gaming is next to nothing really YouTube will take up a lot though... I guess you can go into playback options on youtube and change it so it always plays in regular quality as oppose to HD/HQ Though I still find it hard to imagine you're using 20GB a month purely on YouTube. Brainkiller05
Well all I really do,that I can think of, is just surf the web, watch some videos, download some songs occasionally, and play online. Not exactly sure about my sister though.
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _Cadbury_
what ISPs are you guys using? I get none of that crap and could do what I please. But then again, I dont dl huge files, just music. Tjeremiah1988
We are with telecom in nz.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
wow 20 gb a month is small. that would mean you can't even do any Digital distrobution without worrying about going over. and forget hulu and netflix. for online gaming it's fine though.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
youtube vids. etc take up a lot actually.