How many wisdom teeth did you have? Does it hurt to get them removed?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
all 4 last October. Dat Vicodin makes up for everything, though.
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

I have one or that's what I was told. Supposedly I am supposed to get it removed but dunno.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I have all of mine and never once have I had an issue with them. I never even acknowledged when they came in nor can I even tell you what age I was. Literally the only time in my life that my teeth have given me the remotest of an issue has been when I have had my teeth cleaned by the dentist.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

It doesn't hurt as they use anesthetic.

However, I would recommend going to a place that knocks you out completely(unless you enjoy waching & hearing someone cut open your mouth)

You get an IV, get heavy sensation in your chest then your out. You'll wake up and be sort of out of it for 4-8 hours.

Thanks to meds, you'll only be sore. The worst part is honestly eating is a ****** for about 2 weeks.

British_Azimio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 British_Azimio
Member since 2007 • 2459 Posts
I'm 21, never had any teeth removed. I honestly don't know exactly what the hell wisdom teeth are or why I should be concerned. Something doesn't seem to add up...
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Hey I just got one removed 2 fridays ago. I was awake the whole time. The tooth was horizontal and they removed it in about 7 minutes.

The part that hurt the most was the numbing and after that I couldn't feel anything. The hardest part was trying to eat afterwards.

I iced it for a little while and it never swelled up too much, and I never took my pain medication and it never hurt. It's really not that bad, but then again I only got one out.

Definitely try to get your teeth out before they start crowding your teeth or cause more pain.

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

It was one of the most unpleasent things I've ever experienced. All four removed whilst awake. Don't ask me why I wasn't put out because I don't know and I think I'm gonna bring that up next time I see one of my parents. I was too young to know better and object to being awake.

junglist101

Eeeeeesshh...that must have been nasty. Thankfully I was knocked out and didn't feel the doctor ripping teeth out of my gums.

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

I'm 21, never had any teeth removed. I honestly don't know exactly what the hell wisdom teeth are or why I should be concerned. Something doesn't seem to add up...British_Azimio
I had an impacted wisdom tooth that was growing into the side of the molar. It hurt like a b*tch, in fact I couldn't sleep at all because my mouth hurt so bad.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#59 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I had two pulled on two separate occasions, still have another two but those never bothered me.It shouldn't hurt much as long as you go to a proper dentist. The only part that was noticeably painful was when you are given anaesthetic (injecting a syringe into the skin around your tooth), after that you simply don't feel any pain at all.

I was especially surprised when I had to have my second wisdom tooth removed. The tooth was so secure the dentists had to bring drills, hammers and all sorts of stuff over, with one person holding my mouth and the other pulling it out eventually. It was only localanaesthetic, so I was wide awake as I watch them work and my blood gush here and there. The only place that hurt was my lips, because there were kept stretched open for quite awhile.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
I have them all I think and they don't bother me whatsoever. Though they are a pain in the ass to clean with a brush.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I had two pulled on two separate occasions, still have another two but those never bothered me.It shouldn't hurt much as long as you go to a proper dentist. The only part that was noticeably painful was when you are given anaesthetic (injecting a syringe into the skin around your tooth), after that you simply don't feel any pain at all.

I was especially surprised when I had to have my second wisdom tooth removed. The tooth was so secure the dentists had to bring drills, hammers and all sorts of stuff over, with one person holding my mouth and the other pulling it out eventually. It was only localanaesthetic, so I was wide awake as I watch them work and my blood gush here and there. The only place that hurt was my lips, because there were kept stretched open for quite awhile.

GhoX
I know that feels bro. I once had a tooth growing in the wrong place so I had to remove it. It was so stubborn and rooted in my jaw. The dentist along with 3 interns (females hurr) were all trying to remove it for 3-4 hours, in vain. Then they decided it needed an operation.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I'm 21, never had any teeth removed. I honestly don't know exactly what the hell wisdom teeth are or why I should be concerned. Something doesn't seem to add up...British_Azimio

They're 4 extra molars all the way in the back of your mouth, that usually don't grow in until long after the rest of the teeth, and, for some people, they never grow in at all. When they do come in, for some people it's not a problem, because they have room. Some people have smaller mouths though, and for them, when the wisdom teeth come in, they do a couple things. One, they shove your other teeth around, which leads to agonizing toothaches, and sometimes crooked teeth. And two, they often get moved around, and come in wrong, anyway, tearing your gums open, leading to potentially disastrous infection. That's what happened with mine, and is why I had to schedule an "emergency" appointment to get them removed. The dentist told me if I didn't get them taken out within just the next few days, the infection could very easily spread to the rest of my mouth, basically rotting my gums, and eating away at my other teeth. Managed to get an apointment with the surgeon less than 24 hours after seeing the dentist, and got put under completely for the operation. One of them had to be shattered, and pulled out piece by piece, and the surgeon actually missed a little chunk of it. I ripped that chunk out myself, in the bathroom at work, like a week later. And it hurt like a b!tch.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#63 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I'm 28.. never had wisdom teeth pulled or even come through. I guess i'm just lucky.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Had 4 removed and I was so drugged up I don't remember that whole week lol
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
I've had mine for awhile, I occasionally get a ache from one every now and then, but it's nothing that's annoying.