How many sliders can you eat?

Edited 4 months, 10 days ago

Poll: How many sliders can you eat? (6 votes)

1-5 0%
6-9 17%
10-12 17%
13-15 50%
16-18 0%
19-22 0%
23-25 0%
25+ 17%

How many of these delicious babies can you consume? My record is 13, but if push came to shove, I'd probably be able to down 18 or so.

Also, why is it that White Castle is by far the best fast food place, yet it does not get nearly enough popularity as the others?

#1 Edited by konvikt_17 (22170 posts) -

tried one once. was disgusting. apparently they cook the patties in onion oil or something like that. i dont like onions.

#2 Posted by TruthTellers (3397 posts) -

Alright, if we're talking White Castle, which is the only place I've ever eaten sliders, I think I could pound down about 15. I tried their chicken sliders late last year and I had to stop myself from eating all of them at once they were so good. As for why White Castle isn't that popular is because they're only located in 12 of the 50 states, the closest one to me currently is 4 hours away! No burger joint is worth that drive, so I'll have to settle for the frozen White Castle burgers which if you wrap them in paper towels to absorb the moisture, aren't that bad.

#3 Posted by Behardy24 (3095 posts) -

Never had a slider and I don't live near a White Castle. Am I missing out?

#4 Posted by TruthTellers (3397 posts) -

Never had a slider and I don't live near a White Castle. Am I missing out?

Yes. Go to walmart, buy the 6 pack of the frozen White Castle sliders, and follow my previous instructions.

#5 Posted by lamprey263 (23188 posts) -

I wish I could find out. I'm at the exact opposite end of the country for that.

#6 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

tried one once. was disgusting. apparently they cook the patties in onion oil or something like that. i dont like onions.

Actually, they are cooked on the grill with the onions.

I'm usually in the same boat as you - I generally don't like onions. Well, raw onions anyways. When you grill or fry them they have a completely different taste.

#7 Edited by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

@behardy24: Oh yes, very much so. White Castle is a very love it or hate it type of restaurant so you'll either fall in love or regret the decision immediately. I personally find the food delicious and the chain ranks very highly in terms of consistency, freshness, and cleanliness. All of their food (including the fried foods) is made to order, so everything you order is guaranteed to be hot. You and @lamprey263 should put it on your bucket list. It's worth checking out.

Alright, if we're talking White Castle, which is the only place I've ever eaten sliders, I think I could pound down about 15. I tried their chicken sliders late last year and I had to stop myself from eating all of them at once they were so good. As for why White Castle isn't that popular is because they're only located in 12 of the 50 states, the closest one to me currently is 4 hours away! No burger joint is worth that drive, so I'll have to settle for the frozen White Castle burgers which if you wrap them in paper towels to absorb the moisture, aren't that bad.

The chicken breast sliders are also amazing, I must agree.

I've never tried the boxed frozen patties, but I have heard generally positive reviews. Which I found relatively surprising. Luckily I've never had a reason to get them, I have a local White Castle about 20 minutes away.

#8 Edited by indzman (17245 posts) -

what the hell is sliders ??? buns on the burgers ???

#9 Posted by lamprey263 (23188 posts) -

@senses_fail_06:

I actually YouTube'd one of those how to make your own White Castle burgers at home kind of videos, seems pretty doable. I'm gonna give it a shot this summer when the weather is nice and I want to grill outside.

#10 Edited by GazaAli (22525 posts) -

What's so special about this slider you're talking about? It looks like a slightly funny shaped burger.

#11 Posted by playmynutz (5981 posts) -

ate 4 white castle sliders craved 20 more

#12 Posted by British_Azimio (2452 posts) -

Depends on how drunk I am. Then again, I'll eat just about anything if I'm drunk enough.

#13 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (279 posts) -

I normally eat up to 6, not something I'm proud of nor would I ever brag about it. I would literally feel ashamed if I ate 10 or more.

#14 Edited by Korvus (3223 posts) -

Is eating a lot something to be proud of?

#15 Edited by foxhound_fox (87725 posts) -

Never been to one of those Southern US burger chains.

The only sliders we get up here in Canadia are ones you buy at a sit-down restaurant, and you usually get three and they are usually incredibly filling.

@korvus said:

Is eating a lot something to be proud of?

In the US it's considered a social standing booster.

#16 Posted by JohnF111 (14051 posts) -

Never had them but judging by their size I could probably do 6 or 7, although the meat on those White Castle ones looks so thin it's probably transparent.

#17 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: Sliders in sports bars and other restaurants are usually significantly bigger.

@korvus: Very much so.

@pimphand_gamer: 6? FFS, someone take this dudes man card.

@GazaAli: One bite and you'll know.

@indzman: They're essentially just small burgers. They are synonymous with the White Castle fast food chain.

#18 Posted by Korvus (3223 posts) -
#19 Edited by Horgen (110057 posts) -

I have never tried it. Never seen it here in Norway.

#20 Posted by ad1x2 (5511 posts) -

I could probably eat up to ten but I don't think I did that many at once before. The closest White Castle to me is in Columbia, MO, which is three and a half hours away, so I just buy the frozen ones when I am fiending. Ironically, White Castle was started in Kansas but there isn't a single one in the state. For the longest time I just ate Krystals since I was in Georgia for most of my life and they're the south's version of White Castle.