How many BFs/ GFs have you had?

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by Thessassin (1819 posts) -

@-Renegade said:

@Thessassin said:

@huggybear1020 said:

Well I've been laid by 9 different females, but only 3 of them were actual relationships beyond just infatuation. I've learned that as far as long-term relationships go, it's important to think about how happy someone makes you and how well you get along. I've actually turned down 2 possible relationships with women who were both attractive and nice, but lacked any ambition beyond future-housewife, so I turned both down because I didn't think I'd be happy being a single-income household. Currently married, wife makes me happy, has a good income, isn't as attractive as some other women I've dated, but I'm happier having a partner than a financial dependent.

wrong thinking there bud. If i could support it, i would never have my wife work a day of her life. Housewife is best wife.

she's having sex with your neighbors while your at work.

^ that thinking right there is why you don't get laid.

#102 Edited by EmpiresDownfall (62 posts) -

Im 21 and Ive had more girlfriends than I care to remember. Over 10. How has my understanding progressed? Well enough that Ive been with the same girl for over 3 years now and we've been engaged for a year now.

#103 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

@Thessassin said:

@huggybear1020 said:

Well I've been laid by 9 different females, but only 3 of them were actual relationships beyond just infatuation. I've learned that as far as long-term relationships go, it's important to think about how happy someone makes you and how well you get along. I've actually turned down 2 possible relationships with women who were both attractive and nice, but lacked any ambition beyond future-housewife, so I turned both down because I didn't think I'd be happy being a single-income household. Currently married, wife makes me happy, has a good income, isn't as attractive as some other women I've dated, but I'm happier having a partner than a financial dependent.

wrong thinking there bud. If i could support it, i would never have my wife work a day of her life. Housewife is best wife.

It's not just about the money. A marriage is a partnership. I wouldn't feel like like my wife was a partner if she was wholly financially dependent on me. I am a big supporter of women's rights. But with equal rights come equal responsibilities. We equally share chores, child responsibilities, and financial decisions. If she wasn't working I'd think she had no damn business telling me how to spend the money, but that's just my view.

#104 Posted by Thessassin (1819 posts) -

@huggybear1020 said:

@Thessassin said:

@huggybear1020 said:

It's not just about the money. A marriage is a partnership. I wouldn't feel like like my wife was a partner if she was wholly financially dependent on me. I am a big supporter of women's rights. But with equal rights come equal responsibilities. We equally share chores, child responsibilities, and financial decisions. If she wasn't working I'd think she had no damn business telling me how to spend the money, but that's just my view.

yeah but she does other work, its not like raising kids and keeping a house are the simplest of tasks. She may be financially dependent but she does her share of the work as well. at the end of the day i would rather have her there to raise kids while they're little crawling suicide bags.

#105 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

@Thessassin said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@Thessassin said:

@huggybear1020 said:

yeah but she does other work, its not like raising kids and keeping a house are the simplest of tasks. She may be financially dependent but she does her share of the work as well. at the end of the day i would rather have her there to raise kids while they're little crawling suicide bags.

what about when they get older and can take care of themselves?

#106 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

@Thessassin said:

@huggybear1020 said:

@Thessassin said:

@huggybear1020 said:

Like I said, we share the responsibility of raising the kids. I've been at home with the kids all day when she's out of town or she happens to be working on a day that I'm not. It isn't rocket science and isn't nearly as taxing or difficult as either of our jobs. You're trying to correct me on information in which I am in a much better position to actually know something about.

#107 Posted by Thessassin (1819 posts) -
@-Renegade said:

what about when they get older and can take care of themselves?

Then do whatever pleases here i guess, travel, take up a hobby, anything

@huggybear1020 said:

Like I said, we share the responsibility of raising the kids. I've been at home with the kids all day when she's out of town or she happens to be working on a day that I'm not. It isn't rocket science and isn't nearly as taxing or difficult as either of our jobs. You're trying to correct me on information in which I am in a much better position to actually know something about.

i can see why you think that, my wording may have been off. I actually didn't try to correct you just share my view. And i don't mind doing all of the dog work as long as the wife is happy and in relative easy mode.

#108 Posted by tofu-lion91 (13481 posts) -

@luke1889 said:

I'm 25 and have had 7 girlfriends. I'm currently single though.

Luke you dawg :P I'm 22 and had 8 boyfriends. Most relationships lasted 6 months, 2 lasted for over a year and one lasted 2 years. I've never had short flings.

#109 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

In 10 years i will be a powerful wizard.

I hear ya' brother.

#110 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

Man, there have been some sad things said in this thread. I mean, being over 25 and never having kissed someone? Damn.

I'm 22 and currently have a gf. Have dated a couple girls previously.

#111 Edited by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

@-Renegade said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@-Renegade said:

0 @31 im going to die a virgin :(

Damn dude, what's the problem? 30 year old women are ready to go.

social anxiety

Also, I'm not sure your belief in reptilian overlords helps much when meeting women.

#112 Posted by luke1889 (14617 posts) -

@tofu-lion91 said:

@luke1889 said:

I'm 25 and have had 7 girlfriends. I'm currently single though.

Luke you dawg :P I'm 22 and had 8 boyfriends. Most relationships lasted 6 months, 2 lasted for over a year and one lasted 2 years. I've never had short flings.

Haha, damn it, Emma. :P My short relationships weren't flings - they just didn't work out pretty quickly!

#113 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

I'm 20 and I've only had 3 relationships (2 if we're not counting middle school stuff). They were all pretty short and ungainly.

I'm not a very interesting person, and I have a hard time interacting with people IRL. Especially with people I don't know. There's always this awkwardness when socializing. Usually because there's nothing to talk about. Doesn't help I have some personal issues affecting my confidence either. I've definitely missed out on a lot of opportunities, some being regretful ones.

To be honest, I wasn't very talkative throughout grade school. So how I manged to be in any relationship is beyond me. Hell, I was even voted "Most Quiet" in my class's high school graduation mock election. heh...

#114 Posted by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -

Were all a bunch of fucking loser.

#115 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@-Renegade said:

social anxiety

Cure:

The idea is not to get drunk, but just to loosen up. Thus the term 'social lubricant'.

this guy has the answers. seriously, pre 21 I had only had 1 gf and kissed two girls. i increased it drastically by just going out to bars from 21 to 22.5. even my friend who is very awkward around girls picked up girls. i would suggest staying away from sloppy girls but if you are 21 and have never done anything like that, what are you waiting for lol.

#116 Edited by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

just go to the bar and do this when you bring the girl home. and you will be set for life lol

#117 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

Seems like a lot of you have gotten a lot of poon.

#118 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12986 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

Seems like a lot of you have gotten a lot of poon.

Anyone can get laid. It's all about attitude and presentation.

As long as a man keeps himself looking clean and respectable he doesn't really have to worry about looks...women are all over the map on what they find attractive.

But nothing is going to happen if you don't sally up and ride that damn horse.

#120 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4761 posts) -

0 at the age of 24, but I gave up on ever being in a relationship.

#121 Posted by ninjastar (9507 posts) -

I guess 4-5 guys I'd consider boyfriends.

#122 Posted by elkoldo (1109 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@elkoldo said:

20 and zero GFs so far.

However there is this girl in the math department who I've taken fancy on for a few months, I even went up to her once to tell her that I like her, but I just couldn't say it.Though she caught my point ,she seems like she just doesn't give a hoot about me.

I wonder how I can gain her favor.To those well-experienced,any tip of any kind will be appreciated ! ;)

You gotta pounce and lead. Get her to the top of the coaster before she knows she's even on the ride. It's that first impression, man...that's when the sexual tension is the highest, and you gotta play off that.

You waited too long. You gotta move on a girl before she even knows your name. You're indecisive and she knows that now.

@-Renegade said:

@elkoldo said:

I've already given her the hint that I'm interested , like I said , I went up to her to tell her that I like her , but I didn't say it.However she understood it , even without me explicitly saying it.You know, she has two close friends, one day I accidentally overheard their conversation , and they were talking about me.This is enough proof that she knows I'm interested and that she has conferred her friends about me.

And she doesn't have a boyfriend, I'm certain about that.She hardly ever talks to boys.Though she is so glued to her two friends that sometimes I fear they might me lesbians or something !

I guess br0kenrabbit is correct after all. I've waited for too long and I now need to ride the lighting , I was indecisive like br0kenrabbit said, I admit.Guess I'll see her next week at uni.

But would asking her out for coffee or lunch be cool ?

if she's still boyfriendless then make your next move but step it up this time!

Well I saw her on Tuesday (Jan 7) , the day of the final exam, also the last day of the semester.

We crossed paths minutes before the beginning of the exam, in the corridor leading to the classroom.It was pretty obvious that she wasn't at all glad to see me, as she was tossing her look on the floor, ceiling and walls instead of me.Knowing this, I said hello and stopped, but she walked past me lightning-fast and, reluctantly and bitterly as hell, she replied like : h.....e......llo.

When the exam was finished, outside, on the stairs I saw her again, this time her back was to me.I called her twice, as she preferred to act like she hadn't heard me the first time.Then she stopped ( I was expecting her to walk with me down the stairs) asked me what this is about.I then asked her if she had time for a cup of coffee, and she responded , rapidly, furiously , violently, in ferocity and almost shouting at me : "NO ,I DON'T. "

Now, even a blind and deaf newborn baby could tell what all this means, nevertheless, I'd love to hear your thoughts upon it.

#123 Posted by Storm_Marine (10910 posts) -

threads like these fuel my inferiority complex.

#124 Posted by chaplainDMK (6836 posts) -

20, 1 three year relationship, not in the market for another round soon though heh

#125 Posted by nomsayin (1141 posts) -
@Storm_Marine said:

threads like these fuel my inferiority complex.

bro, you're loaded.

#126 Edited by dissonantblack (34002 posts) -

a big fat zer0, and i'm 28.

#127 Posted by Cynical_Buzzard (224 posts) -

I have dated quite a few girls but I have only had four serious relationships.

#128 Edited by Behardy24 (4192 posts) -

0. Every girl I have ever had an crush on has rejected me. :(