claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

I am excited as f*** for Thanksgiving, then Christmas. how about you?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts

I hate thanksgiving. It's so pretentious. We already had ours so that's been dealt with. Christmas....meh. I'll have the day off or make double, so there's that. I'm an adult so I just buy stuff when I want stuff. I already appreciate the days I spend with family as well.

Edit: I think it's great that people get excited. If it's makes them happy/happier all the power to them. I do hate listening to this and this over and over again though.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Don't give a shit about any of the holidays. Comes from living poor and alone, I guess. But even if I had someone I'd have to fake enthusiasm. The ritual of it is just so dumb and lame to me. How can people be so excited for it every single year? You did all this 365 days ago.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58416 Posts

@SOedipus said:

I hate thanksgiving. It's so pretentious. We already had ours so that's been dealt with. Christmas....meh. I'll have the day off or make double, so there's that. I'm an adult so I just buy stuff when I want stuff. I already appreciate the days I spend with family as well.

Edit: I think it's great that people get excited. If it's makes them happy/happier all the power to them. I do hate listening to this and this over and over again though.

I used to look forward to them as well because I would only see my entire family three or four times a year. But now we live within 45 minutes of eachother and we get together every other week.

It's better now because I can just enjoy my family and not feel all this pressure from making it a big deal and having to spend like an entire week together.

And yeah, like you, if I want something, I just buy it. Being an adult isn't all bad :D

I do have a young niece and nephew now, though, so Christmas is still a big deal for them. But even that's fun because I buy them the toys their parents won't get them. Gotta expose those kids to Star Wars some how, right!?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59113 Posts

No Thanksgiven here, we have Burns day where we celebrate one of the few Scots to contribute anything to society.

Christmas? Yea, barring meeting asshole family members don't particularly like, dope. Every year get excited like a little kid for the incoming acid reflux.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

I’m burnt out on everything. Couldn’t even enjoy Halloween and I love that holiday.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

As I said, I don't celebrate any holidays. Why do you have to wait 10 months into a year to get together with your families and munch on some turkey. It feels so arbitrary and restrictive.

Screw that. Just appreciate every day off you get in your own way.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I do enjoy the festive atmosphere of Christmas.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Zero being a adult ruined it I really miss being a kid around the holidays it was so much fun I was truly happy there was nothing like Xmas morning.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

Thanksgiving and Xmas are my favorite time of the year. Extra days off from work. Fat meals with leftovers for a week. New comics, games and action figures. We usually end up getting drunk and playing Cards Against Humanity. My grandma got all excited when she won a hand with the "Penis Breath" card during one game. Sorry the rest of you have such downer holidays, but my family knows how to party.

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

need that nice holiday food Hehehe

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44333 Posts

I enjoy the seasons and holidays myself. Really enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas. We already had our Thanksgiving here in Canada. It wasn’t as good as previous years though with this whole Covid thing going on.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#13 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Very much looking forward to the build up to Christmas as well as the food.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Couldn't care less for the actual holidays, but love this time of year due to the humidity finally beginning to die down. Being outside is more enjoyable now.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1351 Posts

I always get excited for the holidays although the shopping and constant parties/gatherings can be exhausting. I plan on having the shopping and cards dealt with by the end of this week so I can just focus on spending time with my family and actually enjoying Christmas specials, music, scenery etc.

RexyyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RexyyD
Member since 2020 • 10 Posts

I used to love fall season, now i only enjoy the warm weather I somehow hate cold weather now..

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Don't think I've heard that Mariah song before... Thanks a LOT! Lol

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

@SOedipus said:

this is the one i can't stand

anyway, on topic. thanksgiving is meh for me. food doesn't motivate me so the meal is way more effort than the payoff. seriously, hours of prep / cooking for like 20 minutes of actual eating?? enjoyed it more as a kid when i didn't have to actually cook / clean

enjoy christmas a lot. it's nice having the house decorated and seeing how excited the kids are :)

Martastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Martastar
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

@claymoreman23 said:

I am excited as f*** for Thanksgiving, then Christmas. how about you?

You know, I’m a simple person. If I had 4 carat friend like this https://www.diamondregistry.com/4-carat-diamond-price/, I’d be maximum happy :)