How does illegal immigration affect YOU?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jm4847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 jm4847
Member since 2006 • 3535 Posts
I read how a lot of people here bash illegal immigrats. Is it a racial thing? the fairytale about how terrorist enter through the Mexico-US border? something about taxes (which I'm pretty sure most people here still don't pay)? Sure, drug dealers might take advantage of the border but that's all your countries fault because: 1) It's not Mexico's job to rid your country of drugs. Drug dealers wouldn't go over there if there wasn't such a high demand. 2) It's your responsability and only yours to make the border safer. I also love how people call Mexico the "third world", obviously you've never seen the developed areas of Mexico, where people actually live in homes and have electricity and even Internet access :o But some areas are very poor, and the people there just want to make a better life for their families and themselves. I'm not saying they're smart (far from it) or that they're entitled to just go there, but racism isn't right either. The US needs the immigrants to do certain jobs "true americans" won't do for $6 an hour. Your country needs the work of immigrants as much as they do, so where does this hate come from?
SAURON221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SAURON221
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
They take jobs away also they hert health care.
boyblob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 boyblob
Member since 2005 • 1692 Posts
[QUOTE="jm4847"] I also love how people call Mexico the "third world", obviously you've never seen the developed areas of Mexico, where people actually live in homes and have electricity and even Internet access :o

....so does Afrika oops! But yeah I don't really mind. It's like cheating: if you don't get caught you didn't cheat.
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Luncbox1
Member since 2006 • 4543 Posts
doesn't affect me at all
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
It's illegal, that's what I don't like about it. Also, the fact that illegal immigrants think that they are entitled to enter illegally.
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
Not directly. Not yet, at least.
Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
They take jobs away also they hert health care. SAURON221
Yeah! I hate how those bastards can just come here and take my job for less money then I would do it for! It's sickening!
FPSGunnerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 FPSGunnerDude
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
It probably doesn't effect most Americans, but if you live in the Southeast it effects everyone. Large areas that were once filled with whites are now filled with Mexicans. My mom's childhood school and neighborhood was once all white, now it's mexican territory. I wish Americans and politicians could do something about it.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts
[QUOTE="SAURON221"]They take jobs away also they hert health care. Erasorn
Yeah! I hate how those bastards can just come here and take my job for less money then I would do it for! It's sickening!

And of course you would love to do the things they do. :|
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
well i'm of european ancestry living in "America", which was stolen from indigenous peoples, so technically i'm an illegal immigrant.
Avatar image for 353535355353535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 353535355353535
Member since 2005 • 4424 Posts
Illegal immigration is great because hunting illegal aliens is much easier than hunting legal aliens, and US citizens
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
It causes many different issues in society. On a personal level, I don't like that they come here illegally, then think they are entitled to be here. I have no problems with anyone of any nation coming here, and staying legally.
Avatar image for 353535355353535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 353535355353535
Member since 2005 • 4424 Posts
LET THEM COME!! I NEED SOME PREY!!!
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts
Terrorists entering the U.S. through Mexico is a myth?  I beg to differ.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
where do you want me to begin?.....raised tax rates to pay for their healthcare and auto insurance....artificially lower wages because of their labor...there are thousands of reasons that everyone should be against illegal immigration...none of them have to do with race....I don;t care where you are from...just come legally.....
ericroxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ericroxs
Member since 2006 • 850 Posts
they take our jobs, land, pollute our areas (everyone does), dont pay taxes?, illegal.. etc
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Funkdaddy13
Member since 2003 • 8930 Posts
Well, because I'm Mexican-American (born in the US), people like to joke around saying that my dad mows lawns, etc. It's funny the first couple of times but then it becomes old and unfunny. I agree, people should not come here illegally but the problem isn't just with Mexicans. There's also the Cubans and the whole wet foot/dry foot policy in Miami...
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
Well I live in Southern California....
rli_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rli_123
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts
What everyone said above.
eyebrowless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 eyebrowless
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts

where do you want me to begin?.....raised tax rates to pay for their healthcare and auto insurance....artificially lower wages because of their labor...there are thousands of reasons that everyone should be against illegal immigration...none of them have to do with race....I don;t care where you are from...just come legally.....Omni-Slash

exactly.

plus, there are plenty of immigrants who had to go through a lot to come here legally, that isnt fair to them.  also, i hated when they were protesting in the streets.   YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST SOMETHING, YOU DONT EVEN BELONG HERE.  i think that they should just go fix there own country

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#21 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

This "hate'' is unneccessary, as are the immigration issues. If 1st world countries would cease the exportation of the vast amount of precious materials from these Central and South American countries, the inflation would probably end, as would the immigration on the scale it has been as  result, illegal or not.

While it's Americans' responsibility to take care of the country, it's also our responsiblity to realize what our government, States and Federal, do...in particular, what they import from "3rd World countries." They aren't 3rd world, really..it's just that most established 1st world countries have sacked the resources for their own at a "slap on the wrist" discount.

For the sake of the topic, though...it hurts the economy and everyone with any kind of insurance. Some businesses give 'illegals' health insurance....Here I thought that America was a land on liberty...

familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 familyguy77
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts

It really doesn't, since not many illegals come here(Pennsylvania)

But it does affect me negatively in a sense, I'm Mexican, so because of all the illegals, I get racist remarks and dirty looks sometimes.

romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
they take our jobs, land, pollute our areas (everyone does), dont pay taxes?, illegal.. etcericroxs

[QUOTE="SAURON221"]They take jobs away also they hert health care. Erasorn

so what jobs did you guys have that were "taken" by illegal immigrants?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
It's a drain on the economy....and it's illegal. Nuf said.
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bastards12345
Member since 2005 • 7194 Posts
NO ILLEGALS = NO BURRITOS (YOU BETTER THINK TWICE AMERICA)
cory4513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cory4513
Member since 2006 • 1318 Posts
They tuk er jab
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts

It's hard to take anyone's intricate political views seriously when they can't spell hurt...

Avatar image for Poetically_Just
Poetically_Just

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Poetically_Just
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
im lookin at all of these negative things about illegal immigrants and i used to be illegal when i came from the Dominican Republic
1ND1FF3R3NT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 1ND1FF3R3NT
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts

How does somebody being murdered in a different city affect you? It doesn't, but it's illegal and you know it affects somebody, so you condemn it regardless.

I'm more concerned with having a bunch of people here reaping the benefits of our country who can't speak the language, who don't pay taxes, who have no respect for our laws, and who have no respect for the environment. The last one might be a stereotype where you live, but it sure as hell isn't down here. I live 2 hours from the Mexican border, and illegal immigration does affect me. The overall quality of living here in the past 10 years has dropped drastically in a number of different ways. There are constantly illegals here being caught stealing the identities of citizens. A good friend of mine cannot finance a house or car, because an illegal immigrant (with false residence papers) working cashier at a clothing store stole his financial information off of a check, nearly drained his bank account, and racked up charges on his credit card. There is a 50-50 ratio of hispanics to whites where i live, yet 97% of the inmates in my city's prison are hispanic...and I say hispanic only to be nice, because most of them are straight out of Mexico. The other 3% are black and white. I would feel better knowing that others shared my frustration and were trying to solve the problem...but people like you are defending them, because you are clueless about the negative effects it has down here.

You're probably in favor of giving them credit cards too...pathetic.

cory4513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cory4513

How does somebody being murdered in a different city affect you? It doesn't, but it's illegal and you know it affects somebody, so you condemn it regardless.

I'm more concerned with having a bunch of people here reaping the benefits of our country who can't speak the language, who don't pay taxes, who have no respect for our laws, and who have no respect for the environment. The last one might be a stereotype where you live, but it sure as hell isn't down here. I live 2 hours from the Mexican border, and illegal immigration does affect me. The overall quality of living here in the past 10 years has dropped drastically in a number of different ways. There are constantly illegals here being caught stealing the identities of citizens. A good friend of mine cannot finance a house or car, because an illegal immigrant (with false residence papers) working cashier at a clothing store stole his financial information off of a check, nearly drained his bank account, and racked up charges on his credit card. There is a 50-50 ratio of hispanics to whites where i live, yet 97% of the inmates in my city's prison are hispanic...and I say hispanic only to be nice, because most of them are straight out of Mexico. The other 3% are black and white. I would feel better knowing that others shared my frustration and were trying to solve the problem...but people like you are defending them, because you are clueless about the negative effects it has down here.

You're probably in favor of giving them credit cards too...pathetic.

1ND1FF3R3NT
Seriously why should they have the same rights as us if they dont even care enough to become legal citizens.
cory4513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cory4513
well i'm of european ancestry living in "America", which was stolen from indigenous peoples, so technically i'm an illegal immigrant.romocop33
It was a colony, america isnt a mexican colony
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tolwan
Member since 2003 • 2575 Posts

I read how a lot of people here bash illegal immigrats. Is it a racial thing? the fairytale about how terrorist enter through the Mexico-US border? something about taxes (which I'm pretty sure most people here still don't pay)? Sure, drug dealers might take advantage of the border but that's all your countries fault because: 1) It's not Mexico's job to rid your country of drugs. Drug dealers wouldn't go over there if there wasn't such a high demand. 2) It's your responsability and only yours to make the border safer. I also love how people call Mexico the "third world", obviously you've never seen the developed areas of Mexico, where people actually live in homes and have electricity and even Internet access :o But some areas are very poor, and the people there just want to make a better life for their families and themselves. I'm not saying they're smart (far from it) or that they're entitled to just go there, but racism isn't right either. The US needs the immigrants to do certain jobs "true americans" won't do for $6 an hour. Your country needs the work of immigrants as much as they do, so where does this hate come from?jm4847

bull**** These are the types of jobs illegals do - Engineering jobs, Gardening Jobs, Office jobs, etc. etc.

All of these my family would VERY WILLINGLY do, we've had to live in poverty because guess what? Those jobs were already taken by someone they dont have to legally pay minimum wage.

This is why i had to move out of my parents early, because quite frankly they couldnt afford me. I'm fine now, but i have to pay my own way through college and i'm in huge debt with Federal Aid (student loans).

Thats right - The only reason the businesses hire illegals, is because then they dont have to pay them minimum wage. And that is against the US Constitution (as is illegal immigration itself). Illegals dont benefit this country at all, all they do is line the pockets of big businessmen.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
It doesn't. I plan on living on welfare and calling myself a writer when I have to.
trickmyster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 trickmyster13
Member since 2005 • 2017 Posts
They take most of my mother's work, she is in the home construction business, when we consider moving we can pretty much forget moving the business anywhere near the border, the immigrants there take all the work and will work for practically nothing, or other construction officers will smuggle immigrants to work under them, these people get all the jobs because they can bid them extremely low because they don't have to pay there workers anything more then a few bucks an hour. Illegal Immigrants ARE NOT good for this country or for my mother's business.
1ND1FF3R3NT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 1ND1FF3R3NT
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts
Oh and for the record...the Mexican government is 110% to blame for the mass illegal immigration. It's their responsibility to fix it, not ours. Those people come here because their government makes ignorant, selfish, small-minded, and short-sighted decisions. The Mexican government is utterly incompetent. It's a problem they have created, and we need to stand firm and force them to take responsibility for it.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
Oh and for the record...the Mexican government is 110% to blame for the mass illegal immigration. It's their responsibility to fix it, not ours. Those people come here because their government makes ignorant, selfish, small-minded, and short-sighted decisions. The Mexican government is utterly incompetent. It's a problem they have created, and we need to stand firm and force them to take responsibility for it.1ND1FF3R3NT
...What? They come here for economic opportunity.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts

It doesn't, at all.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 yoshi-lnex
Oh and for the record...the Mexican government is 110% to blame for the mass illegal immigration. It's their responsibility to fix it, not ours. Those people come here because their government makes ignorant, selfish, small-minded, and short-sighted decisions. The Mexican government is utterly incompetent. It's a problem they have created, and we need to stand firm and force them to take responsibility for it.1ND1FF3R3NT
Goverment and the people under it are different things....
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yoshi-lnex
They take most of my mother's work, she is in the home construction business, when we consider moving we can pretty much forget moving the business anywhere near the border, the immigrants there take all the work and will work for practically nothing, or other construction officers will smuggle immigrants to work under them, these people get all the jobs because they can bid them extremely low because they don't have to pay there workers anything more then a few bucks an hour. Illegal Immigrants ARE NOT good for this country or for my mother's business.trickmyster13
Free market?
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#40 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
illegal immigrants isn't as big a problem here as it is in the US. so it doesn't affect me.
boyblob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 boyblob
Member since 2005 • 1692 Posts

They tuk er jabcory4513

Those damn goobacks. Lets join the pile

cory4513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cory4513
[QUOTE="trickmyster13"]They take most of my mother's work, she is in the home construction business, when we consider moving we can pretty much forget moving the business anywhere near the border, the immigrants there take all the work and will work for practically nothing, or other construction officers will smuggle immigrants to work under them, these people get all the jobs because they can bid them extremely low because they don't have to pay there workers anything more then a few bucks an hour. Illegal Immigrants ARE NOT good for this country or for my mother's business.yoshi-lnex
Free market?

Minumum wages?
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="trickmyster13"]They take most of my mother's work, she is in the home construction business, when we consider moving we can pretty much forget moving the business anywhere near the border, the immigrants there take all the work and will work for practically nothing, or other construction officers will smuggle immigrants to work under them, these people get all the jobs because they can bid them extremely low because they don't have to pay there workers anything more then a few bucks an hour. Illegal Immigrants ARE NOT good for this country or for my mother's business.cory4513
Free market?

Minumum wages?

Reporting?
cory4513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cory4513
[QUOTE="cory4513"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="trickmyster13"]They take most of my mother's work, she is in the home construction business, when we consider moving we can pretty much forget moving the business anywhere near the border, the immigrants there take all the work and will work for practically nothing, or other construction officers will smuggle immigrants to work under them, these people get all the jobs because they can bid them extremely low because they don't have to pay there workers anything more then a few bucks an hour. Illegal Immigrants ARE NOT good for this country or for my mother's business.yoshi-lnex
Free market?

Minumum wages?

Reporting?

what?
RoyTheViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RoyTheViking
Member since 2005 • 3574 Posts
Yes. I live in Alabama. My hometown is now nicknamed Guadalahoover. We are pretty much required to know spanish.
cory4513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cory4513
Yes. I live in Alabama. My hometown is now nicknamed Guadalahoover. We are pretty much required to know spanish.RoyTheViking
i always thought alabama was hicktown usa
FPSGunnerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FPSGunnerDude
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
They take jobs, no doubt. Some friends and I were working construction for a bulkhead company. I had just got a raise to $8/hr. They laid all of us off saying "business is slow". Then, I went back there only to find out they had replaced us all with illegal immigrants for less money. Is that not taking jobs? Or should I have gone back begging to work with illegals, for illegals, and for illegal pay?
Marioarm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Marioarm2
Member since 2004 • 481 Posts
I will admit that they do help America's economy. The only reason why I wouldn't like an illegal immigrant is if they cannot speak English. If you can speak English and are illegal, it doesn't matter to me.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="cory4513"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="trickmyster13"]They take most of my mother's work, she is in the home construction business, when we consider moving we can pretty much forget moving the business anywhere near the border, the immigrants there take all the work and will work for practically nothing, or other construction officers will smuggle immigrants to work under them, these people get all the jobs because they can bid them extremely low because they don't have to pay there workers anything more then a few bucks an hour. Illegal Immigrants ARE NOT good for this country or for my mother's business.cory4513
Free market?

Minumum wages?

Reporting?

what?

It's pretty easy to get people charged for paying under the table, just report if they aren't paying minimum wage.
cory4513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cory4513
I will admit that they do help America's economy. The only reason why I wouldn't like an illegal immigrant is if they cannot speak English. If you can speak English and are illegal, it doesn't matter to me.Marioarm2
it matters to the legal middle and low class