How do you listen to music ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 9 months, 17 days ago

Poll: How do you listen to music ? (25 votes)

On Home computer 36%
On Home theatre or stereo 8%
(Headphones) ipod / mobile 24%
While driving 20%
On Youtube (streaming) 4%
not a fan of music 4%

Ummm all of above but i listen to music on my mobile most, i always got a headphone stuck in my ear when outside lol.Doctors say its bad for ears , but i can't help it =P

wbu OT ?

#1 Posted by Iszdope (9908 posts) -

On computer through headphones.

#2 Posted by Master_Live (14448 posts) -

Mainly with my headphones on Itunes or Pandora. Sometimes Youtube. Lately less and less on the radio while driving, I mainly listen to AM.

#3 Posted by KHAndAnime (13655 posts) -

On Computer. 320kbps or FLAC only. 2 KRK Rokit RP 8 G2 Studio monitors and Cambridge DacMagic for "sound card".

#4 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

On the computer with headphones.

I'm always listen to music nowadays (doing it right now). Especially since I discovered this site. It's been a great stress reliever for me, as I have a bad habit of stressing out easily.

#5 Posted by Master_Live (14448 posts) -

On Computer. 320kbps or FLAC only. 2 KRK Rokit RP 8 G2 Studio monitors and Cambridge DacMagic for "sound card".

I tried with Flac but not having them on Itunes was a killer. I try to get all my songs on 320 but sadly sometimes it can't be done.

#6 Posted by KiIIyou (27146 posts) -

I got my speakers boopin all night while I zee.

Mosta the other times I'm inside the over-the-ear-phones, beepin.

#7 Posted by indzman (17629 posts) -

@KiIIyou said:

I got my speakers boopin all night while I zee.

Mosta the other times I'm inside the over-the-ear-phones, beepin.

meep meep

#8 Posted by Zelda99 (737 posts) -

I listen to music through these

#9 Edited by indzman (17629 posts) -

@Zelda99 said:

o ... m ... g =P

#10 Edited by Zelda99 (737 posts) -

Yessir. Three years of skimping and saving to buy those, which are the Bowers and Wilkins CM9.

#11 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10160 posts) -

mostly on my pc or while driving. i prefer the latter.

#12 Posted by sukraj (22613 posts) -

On my PC

#13 Posted by ssvegeta555 (2266 posts) -

On my PC with headphones. But I also listen to my music while driving. And pretty loud at that too. I remember one time reaching over to turn up the car stereo and it was already maxed. O_o

#14 Posted by GazaAli (22728 posts) -

Almost exclusively on my phone.

#15 Edited by OmitName (721 posts) -

as it finds me.

there is probably enough music around that its not as imperative to drown oneself in commotion as everyone seems to believe they must.

#16 Posted by Horgen (110079 posts) -

Usually listen to music while out walking/travelling from A to B and when on my home computer. Got a small stereo connected to it and it gives decent sound with the sources I use... Mainly Spotify and youtube. Sometimes CD.

#17 Posted by johnd13 (8094 posts) -

On my computer while doing pretty much anything except for playing video games. When I study and I want something not too distractive I usually listen to game or movie soundtracks.

Also, on my phone whenever I take the bus which is almost everyday.

#18 Posted by brimmul777 (1190 posts) -

iPod.

#19 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Most often through my home-theater.

#20 Posted by Netret0120 (2094 posts) -

Driving and on my earphones whilst on public transport

#21 Posted by bforrester420 (1478 posts) -

I almost never listen to music anymore. I kept breaking ear buds at the gym and got sick of replacing them. When I'm in the car, music becomes background noise after about 5 minutes, and I rarely spend more than 20 minutes (my commute to work) in the car. More often than not, I have Sports talk radio on. If I'm on a long car trip, I'll listen to MP3s on a USB device.

I'll say this with the risk of sounding like a cranky old bastard: new music sucks. Good god do I hate Pop music...

#22 Posted by bob_toeback (11267 posts) -

with my eyes

#23 Edited by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -

I use most of those, but I mainly use my Ipod.

#24 Edited by LexLas (4237 posts) -

Definitely on phone or home computer, but always with headphones. I have a good home stereo, but its so loud that it disturbs the fam. Sounds just as good on headphones.

#25 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

@Zelda99 said:

ASOIAF fan? see your book collection. but my answer to the poll is all of the above besides not a fan of music.... only the soulless are not fans of music.

#26 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

I use my phone with bluetooth, and on my computer I use HD598 headphones.

#27 Posted by Zelda99 (737 posts) -

@bowchicka07: Oddly enough, i'm not a fan of ASOIAF any more. I loved the first 2 1/2 books but the last 2 were real let downs. i only hope he learns with the sixth book or i'm gonna blow off the series entirely.

#28 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

For now I am listening to music on my computer via YouTube. But in the past I would use SMPlayer, VLC Media Player, and Rhythmbox to listen to music.

#29 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

@Zelda99
said:

@bowchicka07: Oddly enough, i'm not a fan of ASOIAF any more. I loved the first 2 1/2 books but the last 2 were real let downs. i only hope he learns with the sixth book or i'm gonna blow off the series entirely.

cant handle all the deaths?

#30 Posted by JohnF111 (14092 posts) -

£30 tacky surround sound that buzzes every time a nearby mobile phone gets a text or phone call or in my car on my way to work, very rarely do I use headphones any more.

#31 Posted by Zelda99 (737 posts) -

@bowchicka07: Naw, i cant stand everybody going no where fast. No body does anything, it's like everyone's on a treadmill

#32 Posted by Jd1680a (5932 posts) -

Primarily listen to music on my PC. My other source is my car radio.

#33 Edited by ad1x2 (5577 posts) -

While I buy almost all of my music from Amazon, since their online MP3 are 256 I buy CDs and rip it to my computer in 320. From there I upload it to Google Music for on the go music. I also use Pandora One since it was only $36 and streams higher quality and commercial free. When on the go I listen it to it via the Bluetooth option in my car and at home I have a small Bluetooth speaker. I also have a pair of Beats Studio headphones. I have unlimited data so I have no problem streaming at the highest quality.

#34 Edited by konvikt_17 (22222 posts) -

when im driving, i listen to music off my phone.

at home i use itunes on my laptop. listen through the laptop speakers

#35 Edited by foxhound_fox (88109 posts) -

Primary: cargovan/truck stereo speakers while at work, either Sirius/XM or CD media
Secondary: computer with headphones
Tertiary: car speakers, radio and CD
Quaternary: phone, speaker