How do you know if you are friendzoned without asking?

#1 Posted by ptrpedrohung (188 posts) -

Are there signs of me being friendzoned or ways I can figure out without explicitly asking?

#2 Posted by Ariabed (1103 posts) -

@ptrpedrohung: hold his/her hand as you walk down the street and see how that works out.

#3 Posted by Boddicker (2518 posts) -

Straight up ask. If they falter at all or give you the, "I just don't feel that way about you" speech then move on.

I seriously don't understand the friendzone. Have I been rejected? Of course, but I didn't stay friends with them.

#4 Posted by thegerg (14859 posts) -

The "friendzone" isn't real. There are just girls who don't want to fuck you, and it's not for any other reason than she's not attracted to you.

#5 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1748 posts) -

ask her out

#6 Edited by megagene (22993 posts) -

You can usually just tell. You don't have to be as explicit as whipping out your johnson and asking, "Eh? Ehhh?", either. Basically just speak and act flirtatiously. If she is flirtatious and playful back, you're probably in. But if she blatantly shrugs it off, changes the subject, or punches you in the nuts she's more than likely not interested.

#7 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

@ptrpedrohung: She's short with you, non affectionate, or seemingly disinterested in you. Go with your instinct, it usually doesn't lie about that stuff even though we tend to ignore it.

Now you will have to decide if you actually would want to be her friend and the answer is no. The first time you see her with someone else it would probably crush you assuming you were still single.

On the other hand it's really easy to work the friend angle. She might trust you more now making it easier to connect and eventually change her mind. The truth is that usually that's a losing battle, being that she already made up her mind and somethings never change.

That requires you to step up your game quite a bit because you have to make it seem you're the one she can't proceed without.

#8 Edited by Aljosa23 (24747 posts) -

@thegerg said:

The "friendzone" isn't real. There are just girls who don't want to fuck you, and it's not for any other reason than she's not attracted to you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said.