How do you feel about the upcoming "creed" movie?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58842 Posts

So apparently it was announced back in 2013 a very early concept of "creed" was being developed.

Basically, Rocky trains Apollo Creeds son. With Rocky, taking on a Mickey role. It's basically been confirmed now that it will happen. With the Rocky character being in it but as a supporting role.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Michael-B-Jordan-Says-Creed-Movie-Definitely-Happening-Confirms-Stallone-Involvement-66789.html

How do you fellows feel about this? Are you open to the idea?

I'm weary but I remember was well when Rocky 6 was announced the studios had it down for a flop. And many people saying "oh, he's too old and it's another sequel" but it ended up taking in shit tons of money and was pretty much loved by fans of the series. And got fairly decent critical acclaim from critics as well.

But, Rocky was the focus. This is basically an entirely new character, based on a side character.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Michael-B-Jordan-Says-Creed-Movie-Definitely-Happening-Confirms-Stallone-Involvement-66789.html

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I couldn't care less. I saw the first one, thought it was all right and have no desire to see any of the others.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup

@turtlethetaffer said:

I couldn't care less. I saw the first one, thought it was all right and have no desire to see any of the others.

Sorry my friend, I should have been more clear.

This qeastion is for people who follow the series.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

It depends, hopefully someone helps Stallone with the screenplay. The fact that Michael B. Jordan is on board speaks well so far.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I haven't watched the Rocky movies in ages, but this seems like an alright idea.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uninspiredcup

@behardy24 said:

I haven't watched the Rocky movies in ages, but this seems like an alright idea.

They kinda had a spinoff idea back in the late 80's. Originally due to the popularity of Rocky 4, Rocky 5 (which I always skip over in disks box) was originally going to be a story chronicling Ivan Drago after his defeat and ex-communication from Russia. Would have been a really interesting twist on the series focusing on what was essentially the villain, as the down and out underdog.

Kinda sucks as well they couldn't even use Apollo's image in Rocky Balboa because Carl Weathers wanted to be in the movie, even though his character had been dead for like, 20 years throwing a bitch fit about it. Doubt he would allow them to reuse his image in this movie but who knows.