How Do You Feel About The Different Religious Groups?

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@jasean79@TheFlush @AmazonTreeBoa

Can you guys take a freaking second to trim your quote trees? There's absolutely no reason for me to keep getting notifications when you're carrying on a conversation amongst yourselves. Seriously, it takes like two seconds if you're slow.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#102 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I am okay with religion, but I can't stand atheist at all. Not because they don't believe in god (I couldn't give two shits about what they believe), it is because they cry over everything and try to push their beliefs on religion all the time and are always so negative about everything. I figure their lives must really suck to always be so hateful and negative about everything.

You paint with a brush as broad as the Mississippi River. You make generalizations seem specific.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@korvus said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: Then why can't you stand atheists? You say you have no reason to be pissed at whatever an atheist says or believes, then I'd think you'd be more neutral towards them.

Because I can't stand anybody that cries over everything and is constantly negative and hateful.

So why aren't you complaining about Christians that do that? There are much more whiny Christians in the world than whiny atheists.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104  Edited By TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Who are still Christians, Jehovah Witness? Lol please, no the hell they aren't. Not even close.

You are wrong.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Perhaps but I've had atheists in threads insult me. Is there really a difference because it isn't face to face?

Also no Christians bother me at home. So atheists are winning in the annoyance department.

If you can't take being insulted, stay out of philosophical/religious debates. It comes with the territory when you come with a position that the other person is fundamentally wrong in their argument. I have Christians insult me all the time, telling me I'm lost, I'm going to burn in hell, that I've bought 'the lie'.

Then I open up on them with my knowledge of religion, show them their place (you should know I'm nowhere near ignorant on the subject, you and I have debated enough) and then they start the personal insults. I can only hope they go up to their pastor and say "this stupid guy told me Elohim was the first name given to God and that it comes from a Canaanite diety" and then their pastor slowly nods and says "yes, and?"

I'd love to be a fly on that wall.

Maybe you shouldn't open your door then. Problem solved.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@TheFlush said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Who are still Christians, Jehovah Witness? Lol please, no the hell they aren't. Not even close.

You are wrong.

Nope, there are huge differences. My girl is Jehovah witness...well was when we met. I was raised Christian. Do some more research dude.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@jasean79@TheFlush @AmazonTreeBoa

Can you guys take a freaking second to trim your quote trees? There's absolutely no reason for me to keep getting notifications when you're carrying on a conversation amongst yourselves. Seriously, it takes like two seconds if you're slow.

You are correct, there is no reason for you to get notifications, so turn them off in settings. Problem solved.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 br0kenrabbit

@LJS9502_basic said:

Maybe you shouldn't open your door then. Problem solved.

Problem is they don't ever use the door on the front of the house, the one with windows. They come to the side door where the cars are parked, and I can't see who it is unless I open it.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

You are correct, there is no reason for you to get notifications, so turn them off in settings. Problem solved.

I do use notifications when someone is replying to me. Don't blame me for your being an ass.

The mods have stated before that you should trim your quotes and I've even seen mods threaten moderation over it. Should I get them involved?

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 TheFlush

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@TheFlush said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

You are wrong.

Nope, there are huge differences. My girl is Jehovah witness...well was when we met. I was raised Christian. Do some more research dude.

You are still wrong.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 LJS9502_basic

@TheFlush said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@TheFlush said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

You are wrong.

You are still wrong.

There is debate and thought that since Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in the basic tenets of Christianity...they are not Christians.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@toast_burner: "So why aren't you complaining about Christians that do that? There are much more whiny Christians in the world than whiny atheists"

What evidence do you base that assumption on?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LJS9502_basic

@xeno_ghost said:

@toast_burner: "So why aren't you complaining about Christians that do that? There are much more whiny Christians in the world than whiny atheists"

On the fact that he's an atheist....not Christian.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@xeno_ghost said:

well since there are more Christians than atheists that should be common sense.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 TheFlush

@LJS9502_basic said:

@TheFlush said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@TheFlush said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

You are wrong.

You are still wrong.

There is debate and thought that since Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in the basic tenets of Christianity...they are not Christians.

Yeah, they're different, very different, but it's still a Christian denomination.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 LJS9502_basic

@TheFlush said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@TheFlush said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

You are still wrong.

Yeah, they're different, very different, but it's still a Christian denomination.

I guess you think that. I was actually referring to academic debate so to speak. Mormons are sometimes left out as well as both religions diverge a bit much from other denominations. So...I don't think we can answer that question. I can see why both groups are not labelled as Christian absolutely.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Xeno_ghost

@toast_burner: "well since there are more Christians than atheists that should be common sense"

**** my life, even if there is more christians than Athiest that has no bearing on Christians having more whiny people.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 LJS9502_basic

@toast_burner said:

@xeno_ghost said:

well since there are more Christians than atheists that should be common sense.

LOL critical thinking abort....danger danger.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@LJS9502_basic:

Lol!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@xeno_ghost said:

@toast_burner: "well since there are more Christians than atheists that should be common sense"

**** my life, even if there is more christians than Athiest that has no bearing on Christians having more whiny people.

Yes it does. Lets say 50% of people are whiny. If you have a group of 10 people 8 are Christian and 2 are atheists, that would mean you have 4 whiny Christians and 1 whiny atheist.

It's basic maths.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 LJS9502_basic

@toast_burner said:

@xeno_ghost said:

Yes it does. Lets say 50% of people are whiny. If you have a group of 10 people 8 are Christian and 2 are atheists, that would mean you have 4 whiny Christians and 1 whiny atheist.

It's basic maths.

Ah in other words you based it on nothing. Gotcha....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@LJS9502_basic said:

@toast_burner said:

@xeno_ghost said:

It's basic maths.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying that there are more atheists in the world than Christians? Because that is certainly not true.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Xeno_ghost

@toast_burner: so you base your assumption on probability rather than actual facts?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@xeno_ghost said:

@toast_burner: so you base your assumption on probability rather than actual facts?

The two aren't exclusive.

Where's your evidence that there are more whiny atheists than whiny Christians? The fact is both groups have people in them who are whiny and intolerant of each other, it makes no sense to single out atheists.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Xeno_ghost

@toast_burner: @toast_burner:

"Where's your evidence that there are more whiny atheists than whiny Christians"

Why would I need to prove something I never stated.

"The fact is both groups have people in them who are whiny and intolerant of each other, it makes no sense to single out atheists"

It makes no sense to single out Christians either, at least LS9502 assumption was based on his actual dealings with Athiest, and not based on percentages plucked from thin air :P

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Why don't we just call out idiots for being idiots. Don't make this about what kind of denomination that idiot is. Just causes issues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@xeno_ghost said:

@toast_burner: @toast_burner:

"Where's your evidence that there are more whiny atheists than whiny Christians"

Why would I need to prove something I never stated.

"The fact is both groups have people in them who are whiny and intolerant of each other, it makes no sense to single out atheists"

It makes no sense to single out Christians either, at least LS9502 assumption was based on his actual dealings with Athiest, and not based on percentages plucked from thin air :P

Who singled out Christians?

LJS' experiences mean nothing. Lots of people in this thread have also shared their experiences of intolerant Christians and Christians knocking on their door. Are you really suggesting the anecdotal evidence is more reliable that maths? And yes I did pluck that number out of thin air, it wasn't supposed to be evidence, I used it to explain to you how number of Christians is directly linked to number of whiny Christians. You're just too stupid to understand that.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 dave123321

Isn't toast just saying there is a greater chance at their being more Christian anything simply because there are more if them?

As in just the the number and not as percentage of a group. Like there is a greater chance that there are more Christian stamp collectors then there are atheist stamp collectors

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#131  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

This topic is a great example of the issues with relationships between the religious and non believers. Here we have a few groups with differing beliefs, all of whom consider themselves reasonable, intelligent adults but adults who fundamentally disagree with each others varying points of view. Its quite interesting to watch it to descent into bickering and and trivial insults. You cant blame God for that and you cant blame the lack of one. Its humaninherent This topic is an interesting proof of not only the religious and non religious displaying their inability to tolerate each other. It didnt take long for a reasoned debate to descend into petty insults and tedious bickering. IMHO that proves that it is not the presence (or lack) of God that causes these debates but a general lack of tolerance for other human beings. Tolerance of human nature should be taught long before the concepts of religion and atheism.

I must admit as a citizen of the united kingdom christianity does seem to have a great deal of influence over law and politics in that country (US). After living in a country where this is not the case it does seem very peculiar to me. However it is a democracy and a country that preaches freedom and equality so I have every confidence when the Americans become dissatisfied they will change things for the better.

That being sad I only have my own observations to go by and until residing in that country myself It would be fair for my opinion above to be set in stone. It merely is an educated observation based on the american culture I have seen and am aware of.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By dave123321

But regardless on rather or not toast is right, why argue about who has more annoying folks. It's such silly nonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@dave123321 said:

Isn't toast just saying there is a greater chance at their being more Christian anything simply because there are more if them?

As in just the the number and not as percentage of a group. Like there is a greater chance that there are more Christian stamp collectors then there are atheist stamp collectors

That's pretty much what I meant. Since there are more Christians it is only logical to assume they have more annoying people, just like they probably have more females, stamp collectors, postmen, or pretty much anything else.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@always_explicit said:

This topic is a great example of the issues with relationships between the religious and non believers. Here we have a few groups with differing beliefs, all of whom consider themselves reasonable, intelligent adults but adults who fundamentally disagree with each others varying points of view. Its quite interesting to watch it to descent into bickering and and trivial insults. You cant blame God for that and you cant blame the lack of one. Its humaninherent This topic is an interesting proof of not only the religious and non religious displaying their inability to tolerate each other. It didnt take long for a reasoned debate to descend into petty insults and tedious bickering. IMHO that proves that it is not the presence (or lack) of God that causes these debates but a general lack of tolerance for other human beings. Tolerance of human nature should be taught long before the concepts of religion and atheism.

I must admit as a citizen of the united kingdom christianity does seem to have a great deal of influence over law and politics in that country (US). After living in a country where this is not the case it does seem very peculiar to me. However it is a democracy and a country that preaches freedom and equality so I have every confidence when the Americans become dissatisfied they will change things for the better.

That being sad I only have my own observations to go by and until residing in that country myself It would be fair for my opinion above to be set in stone. It merely is an educated observation based on the american culture I have seen and am aware of.

Good post.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 LJS9502_basic

@dave123321 said:

No that isn't what he said. He made a statement for which he has nothing to back it up. In short he expressed a poorly thought out opinion and presented it as fact. Even talking his supposition about the amount of people in each group....he still has not provided any proof his initial theory was correct. Which if we used the scientific method to analyze....falls well short.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 LJS9502_basic
@toast_burner said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@toast_burner said:

@xeno_ghost said:

It's basic maths.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying that there are more atheists in the world than Christians? Because that is certainly not true.

No that isn't what I said. You really do have reading comprehension problems.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 dave123321

Guys I caught a fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@LJS9502_basic said:
@toast_burner said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@toast_burner said:

@xeno_ghost said:

It's basic maths.

No that isn't what I said. You really do have reading comprehension problems.

Why don't you actually read the post I was originally replying to? You just want to assume I mean something else because you would like to assume I'm insulting Christians.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 LJS9502_basic

@toast_burner: I did read the initial exchange. You made an uneducated guesstimate,,,,with nothing to back it up.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 dave123321

http://postimg.org/image/ivw1xc0o5/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@LJS9502_basic said:

@toast_burner: I did read the initial exchange. You made an uneducated guesstimate,,,,with nothing to back it up.

How is it uneducated? Why do you think Christians are less likely to be whiny than atheists?

If Christians are equally as likely to be whiny as atheists then what I said is correct. So where is your evidence that Christians are less likely to be whiny than atheists?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

I find the entire exercise of rating how one feels about groups of people based upon their religion or lack thereof to be laughable.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By dave123321

Tc is a special kind of person

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@toast_burner: "Are you really suggesting the anecdotal evidence is more reliable that maths"

No

"And yes I did pluck that number out of thin air, it wasn't supposed to be evidence,

Well I asked you for evidence of your claim, not probability factors, of course anything is probable, but you made your claim with certainty you didn't say "there is probably more whiny Christians" you said "there is more whiny Christians".

"I used it to explain to you how number of Christians is directly linked to number of whiny Christians"

You make wild claims and base them on percentages plucked from thin air and maths.

"You're just too stupid to understand that"

resorting to insults hey typical atheist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@xeno_ghost said:

@toast_burner: "Are you really suggesting the anecdotal evidence is more reliable that maths"

No

"And yes I did pluck that number out of thin air, it wasn't supposed to be evidence,

Well I asked you for evidence of your claim, not probability factors, of course anything is probable, but you made your claim with certainty you didn't say "there is probably more whiny Christians" you said "there is more whiny Christians".

"I used it to explain to you how number of Christians is directly linked to number of whiny Christians"

You make wild claims and base them on percentages plucked from thin air and maths.

"You're just too stupid to understand that"

resorting to insults hey typical atheist.

So why do you assume that Christians are less likely to be whiny than atheists? How is claiming that atheists and Christians are equally as likely to be idiots a wild claim?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 LJS9502_basic

@toast_burner said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

How is it uneducated? Why do you think Christians are less likely to be whiny than atheists?

If Christians are equally as likely to be whiny as atheists then what I said is correct. So where is your evidence that Christians are less likely to be whiny than atheists?

So then give us the scientific research you used to form your conclusion....and I don't have to prove the reverse just because you can't prove yours. LOL at trying to save face.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@LJS9502_basic said:

@toast_burner said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

So then give us the scientific research you used to form your conclusion....and I don't have to prove the reverse just because you can't prove yours. LOL at trying to save face.

Why would you assume other wise? Last time I checked Christians are still humans.

It seems your entire argument is based on nothing but the baseless assumption that Christians are somehow better than atheists.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 LJS9502_basic

@toast_burner said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@toast_burner said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Why would you assume other wise? Last time I checked Christians are still humans.

It seems your entire argument is based on nothing but the baseless assumption that Christians are somehow better than atheists.

I didn't make any argument. I replied to your idiotic statement.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Xeno_ghost

@always_explicit: I like your style bro.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@LJS9502_basic said:

@toast_burner said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@toast_burner said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I didn't make any argument. I replied to your idiotic statement.

The statement that atheists and Christians are equally likely to be idiots?