How do i grow my youtube channel? help!

#1 Edited by ghariani (34 posts) -

Hello guys,

so i decided to start a gaming youtube channel about two weeks ago, well, the problem is how do i get noticed? i mean, i make videos regularly, i'm doing my best, but how do i make people visit my channel?

i'm probably doing something wrong, so guys here is a link to my channel, if you could take a look and give me some advices so that i can have a small audience:https://www.youtube.com/user/Hitman89plays

Please help me, thank you.

#2 Posted by Qixote (10679 posts) -

I think becoming a YouTube star is basically as difficult as becoming a Hollywood star. It takes a magnetic personality, good timing, persistence, and alot of sheer luck. It's going to take all that to try to be as popular as TobyGames. And that guy is now a millionaire from YouTube money, can you believe it?

#3 Edited by ghariani (34 posts) -

@Qixote: i'm not thinking of becoming a youtube star, just a small youtuber with a small audience, i would say if i had 100 views on each video i would be really happy!

so i'm clearly not aiming for millions of views or anything like that

#4 Posted by Qixote (10679 posts) -

100 views? Lol. If you can't even get that, then there must be something very wrong. Anyone would be hard pressed to find a video by anyone with no more than a 100 views.

#5 Posted by ghariani (34 posts) -

@Qixote: and that's precisely why i'm asking this question: what am i doing wrong? :D

#6 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

I'm trying to do so myself (check out my signature). I've read that adding a good description and a lengthy set of tags help. You should also become an active subscriber to well-known channels; post comments (not spam/ advertisements for your channel) on those channels regularly and eventually you'll start to stand out and people will click on your avatar and check out your channel. I guess it'll come in time.

#7 Edited by dave123321 (33771 posts) -

I like my blu tv

#8 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

I like my blu tv

What do you mean by this? I've never seen you leave a comment on any of my content, Dave.

#9 Posted by ghariani (34 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: ok i'll try to do that :D

ps: couldn't see your signature

#10 Posted by dave123321 (33771 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: I watch it for an app and it doesn't let me comment, or I try to comment and it doesn't do anything.

I heard that the PC version of arkham orgins was the most buggy. This was a comment I wanted to leave the other day

#11 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: I watch it for an app and it doesn't let me comment, or I try to comment and it doesn't do anything.

I heard that the PC version of arkham orgins was the most buggy. This was a comment I wanted to leave the other day

Explanation accepted. You are absolved of your sins.

In the name of the Blu, the Ray, the Hi, and the Def. Amen.

#12 Posted by foxhound_fox (87640 posts) -

Let's Play channels are a dime-a-dozen. You have to do something unique to even get views.

#13 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1748 posts) -

have better/more interesting content

#14 Edited by hippiesanta (9804 posts) -

@ghariani:

you follow his method

or very charismatic and very good looking like this guy

(exotic european accent helps a lot)

#15 Edited by Zelda99 (735 posts) -

I thought about doing a Youtube channel reviewing/discussing soundtracks in movies, games, and tv shows. It's also been suggested that i do a history channel, discussing and teaching people history in a fun and simple way (i teach history to people on a daily basis). I decided not to do either because i didn't feel either medium was large enough and was unsure enough people would want to watch them on their spare time. You have the problem of trying your luck in a field filled with others doing the exact same thing. You need to find away to diversify yourself, do something unique and do it better than 90% of people out there. Lots of people have ideas and want to be Youtube celebs, but its not only hard work, its sometimes pure luck.

#16 Posted by ghariani (34 posts) -

@hippiesanta: dude the first video killed me!

and ok, i'll try to do something special

#17 Posted by ghariani (34 posts) -

@Zelda99:
ok i'll try to diversify myself and i hope i'll get lucky :D

#18 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@ghariani said:

How do i grow my youtube channel?

Well you start with a good location with plenty of sun. Make sure you prep the soil before planting and give plenty of water, but don't overwater. In no time your youtube channel will start growing.

#19 Edited by ghariani (34 posts) -