How do I deal with severe depression/hopelessness?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts

I feel absolutely hopeless. Everything I do shatters instantly, and I can't stand the way my mind works and how I am a walking bomb of destruction to everyone around me. It seems like I am never good enough for anyone, always make the most foolish mistakes imaginable (get hated by everyone else for these) and just feel like I am in a dark abyss. What do I do?

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

@the_plan_man: You might need to get professional help, perhaps a psychiatrist, check your options with that psychatrist, talk to him/her about possible medication, etc.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@Fightingfan said:

I would advice maybe buying a gun. Doctors cost too much money in America.

Are you kidding me?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@the_plan_man said:

Everything I do shatters instantly, and I can't stand the way my mind works and how I am a walking bomb of destruction to everyone around me.

Like for example?

Brain_Duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brain_Duster
Member since 2013 • 473 Posts

I think you know what you have to do.

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@the_plan_man said:

Everything I do shatters instantly, and I can't stand the way my mind works and how I am a walking bomb of destruction to everyone around me.

Like for example?

For example, recently I was in a business club project for college and I went ahead and created a store FB page without telling anyone. My team members found out, and now I'm off the team, as well as the disdain of my fellow team members...as of recent...

D00DIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By D00DIES
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

I dealt with it by avoiding people as much as possible and becoming a hermit. I have come to enjoy this way of life, I find it rather peaceful.

I also went down the psychiatric help route and took medication but I much prefer the living in solitude approach as the meds were kinda shitty.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Whiskey

ChiefvsGordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 ChiefvsGordon
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

anything but taking pills, studies show that makes it worse. find someone to talk to, venting your frustration. that's when a psychiatrist might help.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Get professional help. People on GS will tell you to kill you

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Life experience, further your depth as a human being. Dont allow yourself to fail, us telling you this wont help but you have to keep striving, learning, and succeeding.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

@the_plan_man said:

I feel absolutely hopeless. Everything I do shatters instantly, and I can't stand the way my mind works and how I am a walking bomb of destruction to everyone around me. It seems like I am never good enough for anyone, always make the most foolish mistakes imaginable (get hated by everyone else for these) and just feel like I am in a dark abyss. What do I do?

IM not sure if you are being for real or not? hard to tell online sometimes. BUT i have been dealing with depression,anxiety and feelings of hopelessness for a few years now. Days at a time I cry,dont want to talk,hate living,hate everything about my life. AND at times would love to leave my wife and kids to just be alone. I dont have fun anymore,dont workout,not active,sex drive gone and most days the will to live is gone. Not sure if i'll ever get back to the way I use to be. So if you are for real,I feel bad for you. Cause I know every day gets harder to push forward..

jrmorgan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jrmorgan23
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts

I highly recommend the book "Dharma Punx" by Noah Levine. Also, definitely research some professional help, someone who doesn't specialize in prescribing medication. That's the first question you should ask them. If you are in college I'm sure there are resources available to you free or at a minimal cost. Keep in mind the big picture too, college clubs aren't even close to the biggest life dilemma. Sounds like you took initiative which will pay off huge in your professional life.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

It would be for the best to seek some sort of professional assistance. If you have any additional questions about this, please feel free to PM myself or any of the mods so we can help.