How do amazon pre-orders work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Scarface_tm431 (10063 posts) -
I tried looking through the Help guide on the site and couldn't figure this out: If I do a pre-order off amazon do I get the item the day of release or a few days after? Also if you guys have any recommendations for good online shopping site, or more specifically game shopping sites feel free to let me know
#2 Posted by TallicaFan2005 (4126 posts) -
A few days after...I preordered The Whitest Kids U'Know season 1 and it shipped the day before release and I got it about four days after it was released...
#3 Posted by blackngold29 (14137 posts) -
I've never done it, but I always thought that it was on the day of release.
#4 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15042 posts) -

They ship it once the item has been released. When you get it is determined by what shipping method you pick.

I use amazon for everything, they sometimes have great game sales. I remember they had cod4 $10 off when it first came out and the Halo 3 legendary edition was one of their golden box deals a while back (for like $70).

#5 Posted by Scarface_tm431 (10063 posts) -
Do you know if you pre-order, are you guaranteed a copy then or is it like a normal retailer when they only get a certain amount of stuff that they can sell?
#6 Posted by TallicaFan2005 (4126 posts) -

Do you know if you pre-order, are you guaranteed a copy then or is it like a normal retailer when they only get a certain amount of stuff that they can sell?Scarface_tm431

I assume your guranteed, but pre-ordering is pretty useless. I just preordered that DVD so I wouldn't forget to buy it...LOL

I mean I don't know about you but I live near a Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys r Us, three Wal Marts, K Mart, Target, FYE....

It's impossible for anything to ever be sold out (except Wii's).

#7 Posted by Scarface_tm431 (10063 posts) -

[QUOTE="Scarface_tm431"]Do you know if you pre-order, are you guaranteed a copy then or is it like a normal retailer when they only get a certain amount of stuff that they can sell?TallicaFan2005

I assume your guranteed, but pre-ordering is pretty useless. I just preordered that DVD so I wouldn't forget to buy it...LOL

I mean I don't know about you but I live near a Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys r Us, three Wal Marts, K Mart, Target, FYE....

I live just outside of Edmonton, and am thinking of pre-ordering GTA IV cause BOTH EB's here said even if I pre-ordered through them I wouldn't get one on release :( Last time they told me I figured oh well I'd have no problems finding one at the Walmart or even going into the city if I had too (this was with Rock Band) and I couldn't find a Rock Band for 2 weeks lol

#8 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15042 posts) -

[QUOTE="Scarface_tm431"]Do you know if you pre-order, are you guaranteed a copy then or is it like a normal retailer when they only get a certain amount of stuff that they can sell?TallicaFan2005

Wow, same as you I live by counless stores but have never seen a Wii in stock :o

For the TC: Yes you are guaranteed your order.

#9 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15042 posts) -
[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]

[QUOTE="Scarface_tm431"]Do you know if you pre-order, are you guaranteed a copy then or is it like a normal retailer when they only get a certain amount of stuff that they can sell?Scarface_tm431

I live just outside of Edmonton, and am thinking of pre-ordering GTA IV cause BOTH EB's here said even if I pre-ordered through them I wouldn't get one on release :( Last time they told me I figured oh well I'd have no problems finding one at the Walmart or even going into the city if I had too (this was with Rock Band) and I couldn't find a Rock Band for 2 weeks lol

Well GH sold out really fast as did RB because they didn't ship as many copies due to the controllers. There should be 10 trillion copies of GT4 in everystore. But you could just be lazy (like me) and let amazon ship it to your house.

#10 Posted by TallicaFan2005 (4126 posts) -
[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]

[QUOTE="Scarface_tm431"]Do you know if you pre-order, are you guaranteed a copy then or is it like a normal retailer when they only get a certain amount of stuff that they can sell?Scarface_tm431

They talked me into preordering Final Fantasy XII.....It was totally not sold out ...