How did you end up in OT,OT?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

How did you did discover and end up posting in OT,OT?

For me-I started exploring the site and thought Off-Topic looked different from the other forums,I liked the here threads and started posting in some as time went by I got more and more involved and now here I am:P

#2 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -

For me-I started exploring the site and thought Off-Topic looked different from the other forums,I liked the here threads and started posting in some as time went by I got more and more involved and now here I am:P

sexyweapons
Used GS for reviews a very long time ago (omg fluffy doesn't game), and wandered into the forums. Think my first post was in the fallout 3 board.
#3 Posted by Yusuke420 (2770 posts) -

Primary Games is such a slow board and I don't want to deal with fanboy nonsense in System Wars. This also allows be the chance to talk politics, so I saw a few interesting threads and here I am.

#4 Posted by johnd13 (8554 posts) -

I joined because I wanted to post in the skyrim forums(been coming here for gaming news for some years before that) and as I was searching around I found out about this board and said "whatever- I guess it would be fun to post here".

#5 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
At this point, I honestly have no idea.
#6 Posted by Zlurodirom (866 posts) -

Used to come here for reviews, I liked their different categories and how they each contributed to the overall score (before they changed it to the current system). I started reading system wars for fun (it's informative when you don't have to much time to browse about video games either). One day I accidentally clicked on off-topic instead of system wars, and now I'm here.

#7 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

Same reason as you.

#8 Posted by jimkabrhel (15440 posts) -

I got bored with System Wars.

#9 Posted by soulless4now (41382 posts) -

I clicked on the OT button and never left.

#10 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I honestly don't remember.

#11 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -
I googled "off topic forum" and this was the first result.
#12 Posted by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -

I got bored of System Wars when the rules became more strict and arguing for fun became arguing around the rules. Saw some music threads in OT which were interesting back in '07/'08 and decided to stick it out. I mostly lurk though since it seems like OT is now exclusively for politics and girl help.

#13 Posted by BenedictArnold7 (743 posts) -

I was disappointed by the people in my life and I wanted to find a group of people who I could relate to... so I came on here and then I was disappointed by the people on here and the fact that I couldn't relate to them.

#14 Posted by michael_1234576 (8621 posts) -
I'm trapped! I accidentally clicked one day and I've been stuck here ever since
#15 Posted by brucewayne69 (2864 posts) -
Allicrombie put a gun to my head and made me join
#16 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (48680 posts) -
First I joined TV.com July 25th, 2008 (which meant I also joined here on that date.) Over time I found Gamespot and checked it out, started being more active in 2010, though only posted in unions, wasn't until at some point in 2011 was when I first stumbled onto here and started posting.
#17 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -
I'm not on here a lot, but I know the community here is very popular
#18 Posted by tocool340 (20673 posts) -
Once the 360, PS3, and Wii generation kicked off, and when a number of intelligent/funny trolls got banned from system wars, I just migrated here. That was sometime in 2008....
#19 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -
I'm not on here a lot, but I know the community here is very popularSweetbackhair
Where is this community popular?
#20 Posted by Legend002 (8687 posts) -

I didn't find OT. It found me.

#21 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

was playing Fable TLC some years ago and needed some info about some things. found that board posted in it through Gamespot. stayed with that board becoming a well known and knowledgable poster about the game. then it finally died. and i just searched the forums. joined a couple unions, stuck with one for a while(where most of my posts come from.). then checked the other forums. Found OT.

lurked alot back then posted every once in a while. wasnt until about the start of 2012 that i started posting here in OT regularly.

#22 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

I got bored and just came right in.

#23 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

That's a good question.

#24 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I use to lurk the PS section for years prior to joining; I only used this site for reviews and cheat codes back in the day and didn't feel the need to make an actual account. I made this account originally to troll, but I just kept with it. I originally joined for asking questions about games when I was stuck on any particular level.. Example. How do I kill X-character in Y-game to continue?
#25 Posted by ShadowKissed25 (28 posts) -

sexyweapons
I think you told me about OT when we first met.
#26 Posted by mitu123 (154681 posts) -

Allicrombie put a gun to my head and made me joinbrucewayne69
This, I guess she was on her bad side that day.

#27 Posted by brucewayne69 (2864 posts) -

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]Allicrombie put a gun to my head and made me joinmitu123

This, I guess she was on her bad side that day.

Very bad, very evil
#28 Posted by Kenny789 (10291 posts) -
I think it was because the console and handheld forums were slow and then I tried viewing OT and started posting.
#29 Posted by TAMKFan (33053 posts) -

I was just looking at the main forums page one day after I had joined and saw OT and decided to have a look.

#30 Posted by Cloud_765 (111394 posts) -
Boredom and wanting to roam more of GS at the time. On a less serious note, your username. ;)
#31 Posted by Allicrombie (25587 posts) -
I fell off the jungle gym and when I woke up, I was in here.
#32 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6203 posts) -

Heard about it from people....................Got curious...............lurked/drifted in and out...................Started posting regularly in Spring of '12........................

#33 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6203 posts) -

I fell off the jungle gym and when I woke up, I was in here.Allicrombie

You're kind of like the Origami killer........

Only you kidnap us and leave us here to rot instead of drowning us in some pit.............

#34 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

I was googling pictures of house centipedes which led me to a post in a thread here in OT.

I replied to the post without realising how old the post was and I ended up getting modded for it.

#35 Posted by indzman (20212 posts) -

was very depressed , needed a place online to chill besides gaming so started to drop by on OT from 2011.