How could you tell which religion is the correct true one?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DarthTuna (707 posts) -

Theres over 1000s of diffrent religions, how could you tell somone that apolo, zeus and the greek gods are not real but yours are?

#2 Posted by DigitalExile (16049 posts) -

Where you are born and what your parents push you to believe is the right one.

#3 Posted by Communist_Soul (3080 posts) -

We all are sperm in the the nut sack of Larry. In another universe the people there are the eggs in Emily's puss.

This is the truth and the chosen one day will be born. That baby will become a new god however those who weren't chosen will be shot into his sock.

#4 Posted by RandomWinner (3751 posts) -

Any religion that prompts people to do good is correct. That's the point. Any God that says "you chose wrong, you go to hell" is a d!ck. I don't have so much pride that I'd turn down Heaven if this was the case, but man no respect for anyone like that. One would think someone who created everything and gets to watch everything unfold would not hold such a grudge over people who don't believe in the correct version of him.

#5 Posted by foxhound_fox (90820 posts) -
By not spamming one-dimensional threads that accomplish nothing but increasing post counts.
#6 Posted by BPoole96 (22814 posts) -

You can't tell. So you shouldn't pick at all

#7 Posted by wiifan001 (18490 posts) -

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him"

~James 1:5

#8 Posted by TopTierHustler (3894 posts) -

Assumption. i.e. faith

#9 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74910 posts) -
Darts. But seriously, there is no "true" religion. You honestly think God would condemn people for following something they felt was honestly true? Provided they are good people and view religion as a spiritual necessity, they should continue worshiping what they worship. Also, just because you go to church and worship the cross, doesn't mean you'll be going to a "heaven." Just look at Westboro Bapstist Church. They are so fueled with hate, they aren't going anywhere when they die. They took God's words and twisted them into something ugly and evil, totally going AGAINST the word of God. Whatever religion you find that puts you on a personal relationship with God is the right one.
#10 Posted by Blue-Sky (10346 posts) -

Darts. But seriously, there is no "true" religion. You honestly think God would condemn people for following something they felt was honestly true? Provided they are good people and view religion as a spiritual necessity, they should continue worshiping what they worship. Also, just because you go to church and worship the cross, doesn't mean you'll be going to a "heaven." Just look at Westboro Bapstist Church. They are so fueled with hate, they aren't going anywhere when they die. They took God's words and twisted them into something ugly and evil, totally going AGAINST the word of God. Whatever religion you find that puts you on a personal relationship with God is the right one.JustPlainLucas

Twist? There is nothing the Westboro church is doing that isn't sanctioned by the Bible.

#11 Posted by Riverwolf007 (24189 posts) -

it does not matter, just pick one out of a hat and get to persecuting.

#12 Posted by TrapJak (2933 posts) -

Death is the only way to know, unfortunately.

#13 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
There is no way to prove beyond doubt that a religion is objectively true.
#14 Posted by Solid_Tango (8609 posts) -
The one that makes more sense to you. If you are wrong, atleast you tried right?
#15 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Twist? There is nothing the Westboro church is doing that isn't sanctioned by the Bible.

Blue-Sky

EDUCATE!

--

The one you believe to be the right one. I only have one religion. It's in my avatar.

#16 Posted by Tylendal (14680 posts) -
Because the religion I believe in is the true one, my holy teachings say so, and they are the true word of God. My holy teachings also say that any other religion is false, and since that's the word of God, I know it's true. It's pretty simple.
#17 Posted by ZumaJones07 (16458 posts) -
the USA is the best country in the world right now and we believe in jesus so that is the correct one.
#18 Posted by TopTierHustler (3894 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]Twist? There is nothing the Westboro church is doing that isn't sanctioned by the Bible.

Haziqonfire

EDUCATE!

--

The one you believe to be the right one. I only have one religion. It's in my avatar.

I don't see what the wiki page has to do with it, he's basically right though.

#19 Posted by mindstorm (15250 posts) -

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]Darts. But seriously, there is no "true" religion. You honestly think God would condemn people for following something they felt was honestly true? Provided they are good people and view religion as a spiritual necessity, they should continue worshiping what they worship. Also, just because you go to church and worship the cross, doesn't mean you'll be going to a "heaven." Just look at Westboro Bapstist Church. They are so fueled with hate, they aren't going anywhere when they die. They took God's words and twisted them into something ugly and evil, totally going AGAINST the word of God. Whatever religion you find that puts you on a personal relationship with God is the right one.Blue-Sky

Twist? There is nothing the Westboro church is doing that isn't sanctioned by a misconstrued and false interpretation of the Bible.

fixed. :P

#20 Posted by Tylendal (14680 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]Darts. But seriously, there is no "true" religion. You honestly think God would condemn people for following something they felt was honestly true? Provided they are good people and view religion as a spiritual necessity, they should continue worshiping what they worship. Also, just because you go to church and worship the cross, doesn't mean you'll be going to a "heaven." Just look at Westboro Bapstist Church. They are so fueled with hate, they aren't going anywhere when they die. They took God's words and twisted them into something ugly and evil, totally going AGAINST the word of God. Whatever religion you find that puts you on a personal relationship with God is the right one.mindstorm

Twist? There is nothing the Westboro church is doing that isn't sanctioned by a misconstrued and false interpretation of the Bible.

fixed. :P

So you're an expert on how the Bible is to be interpreted? How do you know that you're not wrong and they're not right?
#21 Posted by needled24-7 (15902 posts) -

i go with what makes the most sense

#22 Posted by mindstorm (15250 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tylendal"] So you're an expert on how the Bible is to be interpreted? How do you know that you're not wrong and they're not right?

As I plan to become a preacher if I am not yet an expert at interpreting the text of Scripture than I better become one, yes?
#23 Posted by gamerguru100 (11299 posts) -

Theres over 1000s of diffrent religions, how could you tell somone that apolo, zeus and the greek gods are not real but yours are?

DarthTuna
Blow your head off and see which one comes true.
#24 Posted by Tylendal (14680 posts) -
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="Tylendal"] So you're an expert on how the Bible is to be interpreted? How do you know that you're not wrong and they're not right?

As I plan to become a preacher if I am not yet an expert at interpreting the text of Scripture than I better become one, yes?

Interpreting it the way you perceive to be correct, right?