How can I stop loving her (if I love her in the first place)? Please I need help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ameer27
Member since 2009 • 369 Posts

I know this is a gaming forum, but I just didn't find somewhere else to post it... So...

She's my best friend, and I think, but I'm not sure, that I fell in love with her. We have met only 3 times so far (not been friends for a long time, but she became my best friend). This is the first time I have a girl as a friend, let alone as a best friend. Could it be that I'm excited and I just think that I'm in love?

Please I don't want to lose her. :( If I tell her that I love her (if I do) then I'm almost sure everything will end. She frequently calls my mother, and she has already told her that she loves me a lot but as a friend, so I understood from that that she wants just to be friends, nothing more. And that's what I want too, but I really hope that this is not love that I feel.

I feel that I miss her a lot. But that's maybe because we're not meeting often, and she's my best friend. I text her almost everyday, because she gives me the best support out of all my friends (I have mental issues, and she knows, yet she still sticks to me and NEVER leave me alone in times of need).

She has told me that I'm the best and cutest (not in terms of love) person she has ever met. A few days ago she visited me in my home, and I almost cried when she left. I know it sounds stupid, but I felt so bad when she left.

Please tell me what I can do. I can't imagine my life without her. If you think that I do love her, please tell me how can I stop loving her? (of course I do love her, but as a friend, and I don't want to form a relationship with her).

Thanks a lot for any help.

P.S.: If it matters, I'm 21 years old, very shy, and never had a girlfriend before.

P.S.2: If you have insulting replies, then please don't reply at all. I feel bad enough, I don't want to feel even more bad. I'm saying this because I posted it somewhere else and someone insulted me.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Are you sure of your orientation?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Just love her, man. It's allright.
You want what's best for her. Maybe she doesn't feel that as strongly. That happens. But you can't stop the love, man. You're not wicked.
Just know that there are many other people who would care for you just like her, if they would get to know you. Being shy has some disadvantages.
I avoid people and always will, so I will never have a relationship. You seriously have to question if you want to let it come to that.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

I can only tell you what I would do if I were you and that is try to put the moves on her.  At least this will make it clear where you stand with her.  

DreamingMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DreamingMind
Member since 2012 • 62 Posts
Alright, forget all that friendzone crap and consider this. Assuming she is not much younger than you, she knows you're a man and that you might like some girls. Is it that bad to like her too? You can be friends even after you've expressed your feelings if she's not really ready for a relationship. Just don't be desperate when telling her you like her. Be cool, mention it casually but seriously. Show her that you like her, but you value your friendship more than having her as your girlfriend. .... this will probably make her your girlfriend eventually :)
Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ameer27

Guys, I don't think telling her that I like her (if I really do) is a good idea. I think if I do tell her then everything, everything between us will end, and I sincerely don't want that.

I'm so lost. :( Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
First of all I'd suggest you slow down, you met her 3 times and she is your best friend? Secondly, if you do love her, you can't do much apart from trying to forget her or falling in love with someone else. But I wouldn't count on it, romantic emotions are strong as hell, especially the first ones. I just suggest you try to start dating her, unless you feel she is completetly not interested in anything but a friendship.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Just love her as a friend then.. go out and find somebody yourself a girlfriend, what's so hard about that?!. ..don't get in love with your friends, geez.
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Hand her a note with two boxes:

"Do you like me?"

1. Yes

2. No

See which one she puts a check mark next to.

akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 akdiuuuryttt
Member since 2005 • 2854 Posts

lol shes not even a real life friend so no its probably just a waste of time

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

Guys, I don't think telling her that I like her (if I really do) is a good idea. I think if I do tell her then everything, everything between us will end, and I sincerely don't want that.

Ameer27
You have two options; 1. Keep suffering by yourself, and never make your feelings known to her. Your life will stay the same, and she'll probably get a boyfriend sooner or later. 2. Man the f*ck up and tell her how you feel. She might respond in a good way, and she might reject you. You need to understand that rejection is a part of life, and you'll eventually move on. If she responds positively, then you're in and have nothing to worry about. You need to be prepared to risk it all if you're ever going to go anywhere with this girl in terms of her being a potential girlfriend. /2cents
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Wait a minute, you've only met her 3 times and she's "your best friend"? ...I would consider slowing the f*ck down, socializing a bit more with other people and exploring other options. You need to be prepared for rejection from MANY different women, because in many cases it won't work out as you're planning it to/hoping it to. You need to socialize more and stop being a clingy, whiny little man. No girl likes a clingy, needy guy who falls in love after meeting her three times.
EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
I dont understand why someone you say you have only met 3 times is phoning your mom telling her that she loves you but only as a friend
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts

Not to be harsh but it has to be said, after re-reading your post I think I sort of have an idea whats going on:

TC, re-read your post. You guys only met three times so far and she already regards you as the cutest and best person she has ever met? Bullcrap, you guys barely know each other. You're best friends? Bullcrap, you don't turn best friends over a weekend, that's a bond that gets forged over months and years of experiences together, not meeting up three times. Is this girl really as good as you think she is?

What I'm trying to tell you here is, cool your jets. Its your first time having a lady friend and its understandable that you're feeling really hot for her since this is the first girl that's treating you in such a warm way, but those feelings are just straight up hornyness combined with desperation, not love, and if you act on them then well, prepare yourself for rejection. So please, just let them subside (trust me, over time they will) and stay friends with her for now (also, drop the I can't imagine life without her crap, its extremely bad for you and her).

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Guys, I don't think telling her that I like her (if I really do) is a good idea. I think if I do tell her then everything, everything between us will end, and I sincerely don't want that.Ameer27

Then suck it up buttercup. The best course of action for you after the aforementioned sucking it up would be to find some other girl to bone. That'll take your mind off this girl real quick.

LeBump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LeBump
Member since 2013 • 85 Posts

I know this is a gaming forum, but I just didn't find somewhere else to post it... So...

She's my best friend, and I think, but I'm not sure, that I fell in love with her. We have met only 3 times so far (not been friends for a long time, but she became my best friend). This is the first time I have a girl as a friend, let alone as a best friend. Could it be that I'm excited and I just think that I'm in love?

Please I don't want to lose her. :( If I tell her that I love her (if I do) then I'm almost sure everything will end. She frequently calls my mother, and she has already told her that she loves me a lot but as a friend, so I understood from that that she wants just to be friends, nothing more. And that's what I want too, but I really hope that this is not love that I feel.

I feel that I miss her a lot. But that's maybe because we're not meeting often, and she's my best friend. I text her almost everyday, because she gives me the best support out of all my friends (I have mental issues, and she knows, yet she still sticks to me and NEVER leave me alone in times of need).

She has told me that I'm the best and cutest (not in terms of love) person she has ever met. A few days ago she visited me in my home, and I almost cried when she left. I know it sounds stupid, but I felt so bad when she left.

Please tell me what I can do. I can't imagine my life without her. If you think that I do love her, please tell me how can I stop loving her? (of course I do love her, but as a friend, and I don't want to form a relationship with her).

Thanks a lot for any help.

P.S.: If it matters, I'm 21 years old, very shy, and never had a girlfriend before.

P.S.2: If you have insulting replies, then please don't reply at all. I feel bad enough, I don't want to feel even more bad. I'm saying this because I posted it somewhere else and someone insulted me.

Ameer27

lol, you dont love her. It seems she is not interested in you (from what you say) but this is still a good thing, as she can give you advice with girls you start real relationships with (atleast thats why my female friends do). Telling her you love her (especially when you dont) will only scare her off.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Wait a minute, you've only met her 3 times and she's "your best friend"? ...I would consider slowing the f*ck down, socializing a bit more with other people and exploring other options. You need to be prepared for rejection from MANY different women, because in many cases it won't work out as you're planning it to/hoping it to. You need to socialize more and stop being a clingy, whiny little man. No girl likes a clingy, needy guy who falls in love after meeting her three times.chrisrooR

This too.

EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
Look this girl is quite obviously your carer and as such should have the professional integrity not to get involved
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

I think you have some serious emotional problems (im being serious).

Talking to a psychologist will benefit you a lot!

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
[QUOTE="Ameer27"]

chrisrooR
You have two options; 1. Keep suffering by yourself, and never make your feelings known to her. Your life will stay the same, and she'll probably get a boyfriend sooner or later. 2. Man the f*ck up and tell her how you feel. She might respond in a good way, and she might reject you. You need to understand that rejection is a part of life, and you'll eventually move on. If she responds positively, then you're in and have nothing to worry about. You need to be prepared to risk it all if you're ever going to go anywhere with this girl in terms of her being a potential girlfriend. /2cents

Agreed. You just gotta tell her how you feel. Better to get a "No" then spend your life thinking "What if"
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
Consult the cassanovas of Gamespot. Always the first step, good job.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#22 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts
[QUOTE="Ameer27"]

chrisrooR

I agree with this (and your later post as well). but i'd like to also add, if you forthcoming about your feelings to her, and she gives you mixed messages like she doesn't know. it's ok to stick around for a while to see if she makes a firm conclusion, but be very mindful of this. and i've seen this in my life being 'played' by both men and women on myself and towards my friends. some people just like the attention of being desired and being catered to - it is a boost to their ego. They don't actually like like you.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

Kid that's not love.

Which is good, because I don't think you're emotionally ready to love and be loved.

You need to work on yourself and grow as a person.

What you're feeling is a form of infatuation.

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
Ask her out OP. Seriously, that chick ain't your best friend, the hell you've only seen eachother 3 times how can she be your best friend already? Also, read this OP: http://www.doctornerdlove.com/2011/09/oneitis/all/1/
Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ameer27

I think you have some serious emotional problems (im being serious).

Talking to a psychologist will benefit you a lot!

TehFuneral
And you're telling me? I know that I do, and I'm seeing a psychologist already. Just to tell you though, when I first read your post I got insulted but then I said, "nah, why would he/she want to insult me just by telling me to get help?" In spite of that, I feel the need to ask, was your purpose to insult me in some way (which is unlikely, I suppose)?
Ameer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ameer27

Kid that's not love.

Which is good, because I don't think you're emotionally ready to love and be loved.

LazySloth718
Oh thank goodness that so many are telling me that's not love! I was diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder and from what I've read, it makes emotions stronger, or too strong. I think THAT could be it. One thing though, why do you think I'm not emotionally ready for a relationship? It's strange really, because she keeps telling me the same thing, which is one more reason I don't want to tell her that I like her.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

Kid that's not love.

Ameer27
Oh thank goodness that so many are telling me that's not love! I was diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder and from what I've read, it makes emotions stronger, or too strong. I think THAT could be it. One thing though, why do you think I'm not emotionally ready for a relationship? It's strange really, because she keeps telling me the same thing, which is one more reason I don't want to tell her that I like her.

Because you're in love with your best friend who you have only met 3 times, and who seems closer to your mom than to you. If she is telling you that you are not ready for a relationship then she probably knows you want one with her and is trying to keep you from asking so she doesn't have to reject you.
Shinobi-Neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Shinobi-Neo
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

if she is a good friend, then maybe it´s better to stay friends...

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
with the lord's help anyone can give up heterosexuality