How are your parents OT ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

My old man is very strict, i avoid going into any discussion or confrontation. Mom was super cool, but died ages ago :(. My elder sis and uncle are my best buddies, can't say same about aunty.

How are your parents OT ? Freindly or strict ?

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Good ol' dad must be 54.(born 1960) I say "must be" cause I'm not so sure if he's even still alive, as I haven't seen or heard of the junkie since they got divorced, some ten years ago.Mommy on the contrary is just perfect at 49 (born 1965) hope she keeps it that way for all eternity.We're so goddamn friendly.I also got a bro, 25(born '89) we're so super friendly as well.I don't give a s*** about other family member,i.e. aunt uncle etc.

@indzman: Sorry about your mom, can't possibly put myself in your shoes.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 indzman

@elkoldo said:

Good ol' dad must be 54.(born 1960) I say "must be" cause I'm not so sure if he's even still alive, as I haven't seen or heard of the junkie since they got divorced, some ten years ago.Mommy on the contrary is just perfect at 49 (born 1965) hope she keeps it that way for all eternity.We're so goddamn friendly.I also got a bro, 25(born '89) we're so super friendly as well.I don't give a s*** about other family member,i.e. aunt uncle etc.

@indzman: Sorry about your mom, can't possibly put myself in your shoes.

Thanks :) Seems moms are always the bestest to her children lol.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

They are pretty cool. My dad can be a little quirky at times but we have a good relationship. My mom is the best - I couldn't ask for a better one. We get along perfectly fine and are quite friendly with each other. Whenever I am in need she's gonna be there for me. I also have a brother but we're not close.

Sorry to hear about your mother indz.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

My parents are fine they help me out whenever I need them.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 indzman

@johnd13 said:

They are pretty cool. My dad can be a little quirky at times but we have a good relationship. My mom is the best - I couldn't ask for a better one. We get along perfectly fine and are quite friendly with each other. Whenever I am in need she's gonna be there for me. I also have a brother but we're not close.

Sorry to hear about your mother indz.

Thanks john :)

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

My parents thinks that they can control my life ....... and super sensitive if I disobey them.

My friends however knows that I'm evil and live double personality.

btw sorry about yr amma @indzman

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I am 39. Strict or not is irrelevant. That might of matter when I was a child, but not now. My dad is a drunk that comes home from work everyday to sit on his ass and rots away as he drinks. I still love him, but hate his pathetic lifestyle. My mom is a religious nut that pesters the hell out of me every chance she gets. She calls my house so much that I stopped answering and let my girl do it. Lots of times we don't even answer. She always calls for stupid non-important shit. In other words, she just calls to talk. She seems to have a hard time grasping that people are different and just because she does or doesn't do something, doesn't mean the rest of the world will do the same. She can't keep her mouth shut and loves to tell the world everybody's business, which is why she knows next to nothing about my life. I still love her though. but she can be very annoying at times.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 indzman

@hippiesanta said:

My parents thinks that they can control my life ....... and super sensitive if I disobey them.

you are welcome :)

You parents remind me of my dad lol.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 indzman

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I am 39. Stick or not is irrelevant. That might of matter when I was a child, but not now. My dad is a drunk that comes home from work everyday to sit on his ass are rot away as he drinks. I still love him, but hate his pathetic lifestyle. My mom is a religious nut the pesters the hell out of me every chance she gets. She calls my house so much that I stopped answering and let my girl do it. Lots of times we don't even answer. She always calls for stupid non-important shit. In other words, she just calls to talk. She seems to have a hard time grasping that people are different and just because she does or doesn't do something, doesn't mean the rest of the world will do the same. She can't keep her mouth shut and loves to tell the world everybody's business, which is why she knows next to nothing about my life. I still love her though. but she can be very annoying at times.

Sorry to hear about your dad man, i guess your mom is quite lonely so she feels like talking to you guys always even if she dosen't realise you guys getting disturbed. Accept it :)

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@indzman said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I am 39. Strict or not is irrelevant. That might of matter when I was a child, but not now. My dad is a drunk that comes home from work everyday to sit on his ass and rots away as he drinks. I still love him, but hate his pathetic lifestyle. My mom is a religious nut that pesters the hell out of me every chance she gets. She calls my house so much that I stopped answering and let my girl do it. Lots of times we don't even answer. She always calls for stupid non-important shit. In other words, she just calls to talk. She seems to have a hard time grasping that people are different and just because she does or doesn't do something, doesn't mean the rest of the world will do the same. She can't keep her mouth shut and loves to tell the world everybody's business, which is why she knows next to nothing about my life. I still love her though. but she can be very annoying at times.

Sorry to hear about your dad man, i guess your mom is quite lonely so she feels like talking to you guys always even if she dosen't realise you guys getting disturbed. Accept it :)

You know. I guess I never looked at it that way. Maybe I should pick up the phone a bit more and just suffer through it for her.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 indzman

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@indzman said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

You know. I guess I never looked at it that way. Maybe I should pick up the phone a bit more and just suffer through it for her.

No need to call her as you are busy with your job and life, but don't mind if she does. She's old too i guess, before its matter of time.Let her do her things which makes her happy. I know as i lost my mom and regret i shouldve done more things for her to make her feel more happier.Upto you :)

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

My dad (53 or 54? Born in 1964 I think) has a good heart, and is caring.... but has a tendancy to be selfish and whatnot. Has some rage issues, for sure. Me and him don't really associate all that much.

My mom (42 I think? Born in 1971) has two very different sides. Sometimes she is the sweetest human being that ever lived, and other times, she is unreasonable as hell and pissed off at every little thing.

How are they? That really depends on the day. Sometimes, it even depends on the hour.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Fine. Dad doing his thing at one of them tech schools and embarrassing me with his government job and retirement paycheck. Mom worries a little to much. Tanks for asking. They say hi and are wondering when your going back over to cook for them.

hellangel_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 hellangel_boy
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

Without going into details about my life, almost 90% of the problems I had in my life was because of my parents, and about 75% of those problems was caused by my mother, she made me suffer, and till today, I suffer from what I have been through, but I'm trying to get over it. My life has been complicated since I was young, but a good parents relationship is always a bliss, I almost never had it, but I envy people (in a good way) who have it. You should always keep in mind that what works for someone, doesn't work for another person. A perfect family doesn't exist, but a happy one sure does, I wish you have a happy life.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I have two sets of parents that I spent an equal amount of time with when I was growing up. Both sets were fairly strict; I got my fair share of ass kickings when I was younger. Nothing I didn't deserve.

My step-mother just retired, she'll be triple dipping soon with two state retirements and social security. My father is going to retire in four years with a federal retirement, state retirement and social security.

My mother is about to retire with a federal income and my step father will retire in three years from his job.

Both sets are fairly wealthy. I never ask for a dime. Even while growing up I had to work for anything they gave me.

Now that I'm 27, I still spend a lot of time with them, but they stay out of my business and don't do or say anything to try and direct my life.

Interestingly enough, both sets are Christians, although not fundamentalist wackjobs. Even while growing up, they told me that if I didn't want to be apart of it, I didn't have to. So I really didn't.

I don't see that with many other religious families.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

My dad is mostly an asshole. He gets it because his father treated him like that so he's just repeating the cycle, so I don't COMPLETELY blame him. He picked up a lot of racist and sexist beliefs from his father. He got two daughters and no sons, and he regularly treats my sister and I as if we were inferior or morons. He says some things as a joke, but it's obvious that he sees women as being worth significantly less than men. I will never be close with my dad because of that.

My mom is okay sometimes but she's a total nutjob other times. We share some common interests like going thrifting and garage sale shopping, but she gets pissy at stupid little things and she gets on my nerves. She tends to make comments as if she knows what she's talking about when she really doesn't. For example, she constantly comments on what I eat and how I can eat better when she doesn't eat any specific diet and has been 105 pounds since she was a teenager. She's always been skinny and hasn't worked out EVER but she loves to try to tell me how to be more healthful. She loves to pipe up about how when I eat junk food I'm eating 'poison' but never likes it when I counter that she's smoked cigarettes for nearly 40 years.

I love my parents but they're small-dose people. You can't be around them too long or you'll go insane.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I'm like my father. My mom is the best ever. My brother is a friend. Just waiting for the end.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

My dad is no longer part of my life and my mom is super cool.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@indzman said:

@hippiesanta said:

lol ...

I got an Indian friend ... we meet during college, extremely nerdy and don't wear jeans .... because his high-blood-maniac dad won't allowed him ...bcoz having a sexy children is a taboo to his family ... after years of being poison by us and metal music .... now almost 40, got a career in Ireland and hugging bongs ... and will eff his dad everytime dad tried to arraged marry him to an innocent "letchumi" ... lol

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 indzman

@hippiesanta said:

@indzman said:

@hippiesanta said:

lol ...

I got an Indian friend ... we meet during college, extremely nerdy and don't wear jeans .... because his high-blood-maniac dad won't allowed him ...bcoz having a sexy children is a taboo to his family ... after years of being poison by us and metal music .... now almost 40, got a career in Ireland and hugging bongs ... and will eff his dad everytime dad tried to arraged marry him to an innocent "letchumi" ... lol

mhm

You seems to know a great deal about indians :)

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Both my parents are deceased.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Both my parents are in their mid 60's. They're not perfect, but I love them dearly. They are very Christian people that do not drink or smoke. They do not allow me to drink as they are Southern Baptist, but I am allowed to smoke though I quit that a few years ago.

I live with them and am almost 34. I have a rarish brain tumor with a 100% fatality rate (probably chromosomal damage). It's recently changed to a grade 3 and the only hope of prolonging my life is a drastic surgery followed up by radiation and chemo. I'm perfectly fine now, but am dreading the deficits they say the surgery will cause me. I should last another 1-3 years.

My only regret is that I cannot take care of them when I get older. I have a younger brother that makes over $100K a year, but due to things I won't talk about here idk if he'll be able to take care of them.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

They're both amazing. I'm blessed to have them as my parents.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@Boddicker: I'm really sorry you're having to go through that.

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28  Edited By Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

I loved my parents. When I finally grew up, they became my best friends. Dad died a few years ago and mom came to live with me. We were together for 6 years and I can honestly say they were among the happiest of my life. She died last year and I still miss her. I miss them both.