House Republicans overwhelmingly vote against Hurricane Sandy relief

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
NBC News Link [quote="NBC News"] *** Sandy relief passes the House -- with just a minority of the majority: Last night, the House passed legislation providing an additional $50 billion for Hurricane Sandy relief by a 241-180 vote, according to NBCs Frank Thorp. But the real story is the vote breakdown: Only 49 Republicans voted for the measure -- so just 20% of the caucus -- while a whopping 179 Republicans voted against the measure. By comparison, 192 Democrats voted for the legislation, and just one (Tennessee Congressman Jim Cooper) voted against. So for the second time in the last two weeks, weve seen the House pass legislation that isnt supported by a majority of the majority. And what weve learned is that House Speaker John Boehner is willing to bring such legislation to the floor if 1) Senate Republicans are nearly unanimous in favor of it, and 2) if a Republican like Chris Christie has access to the New York-area megaphone.

So, we have a hurricane that devastates a bunch of blue states and it takes weeks and a number of prominent Republicans in those states to get the majority of the relief funding even voted upon, and when it finally happens basically only one out of every five Republicans in Congress is willing to vote for DISASTER RELIEF. By comparison, let's example what happened during Hurricane Katrina. Washington Post Link [quote="Washington Post"] President Bush and Congress moved on multiple fronts yesterday to rush fresh relief to people afflicted by Hurricane Katrina, vowing to get cash directly into the hands of victims while enacting an unprecedented spending package to feed and house evacuees, rebuild schools and bridges, and begin clearing out the vast rubble. Just a day after Bush's request, the House voted 410 to 11 to approve $51.8 billion for relief, and the Senate followed suit hours later 97 to 0, bringing the total approved in the past week to $62.3 billion, with more to come. With his poll approval ratings crumbling further amid a political backlash, Bush tried to unify the country by declaring next Friday a National Day of Prayer and Remembrance.

So, am I reading this right, a hurricane that ravages red states is a true emergency, gets a prompt vote on disaster relief that gets unanimous approval in the Senate and almost unanimous approval in the House. One that hits blue states takes a couple of months to get a vote and then the Republican majority try and kill any aide. Is it because blue staters aren't "real Americans"? Is there some other reason I'm missing that the House GOP acted so shamefully unpatriotic towards their fellow citizens?
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38668 Posts

gotta love how once people were certain it would pass ( don't want to be accused of your 'no' vote actually causing it to fail ) a ---ton of house republicans could then vote against to go around saying "see, i'm taking a hard line on gov't spending" to their constituents....

i wonder what stance east cost republicnas will take next time some tornadoes obiterate the midwest....

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] Is there some other reason I'm missing that the House GOP acted so shamefully unpatriotic towards their fellow citizens?

LOL you are quickly becoming my favorite troll.
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

let's example what happened during Hurricane Katrina. nocoolnamejim

it wasn't long ago that people like you were complaining about the way Bush handled Katrina, now it's suddenly the gold standard for disaster relief.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts
i think it's less that blue states were most affected and more that republicans are just in the habit of intransigence at this point
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Abbeten

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]let's example what happened during Hurricane Katrina. Storm_Marine

it wasn't long ago that people like you were complaining about the way Bush handled Katrina, now it's suddenly the gold standard for disaster relief.

heh that's not at all what is happening here
C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 C2N2
Member since 2012 • 759 Posts

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]let's example what happened during Hurricane Katrina. Storm_Marine

Because giving federal money directly to victims is what people were complaining about... Right. I mean honestly do you even try when you insult Democrats?

On topic. HURRICANES IN BLUE STATES, LIKE EVOLUTION AND BIG BANG THEORY, ARE LIES STRAIGHT FROM THE PIT OF HELL!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]let's example what happened during Hurricane Katrina. C2N2

Right. I mean honestly do you even try when you insult Democrats?

On topic. HURRICANES IN BLUE STATES, LIKE EVOLUTION AND BIG BANG THEORY, ARE LIES STRAIGHT FROM THE PIT OF HELL!

I'm looking at your second line and I think I could ask you a question similar to the one in your first line...

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nocoolnamejim
[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]let's example what happened during Hurricane Katrina. Abbeten

Nope. The actual response from FEMA and the delay of Bush declaring it a disaster, going on vacation, etc. and how unprepared our government was were things that were criticized. The promptness and the bipartisan unanimity on voting for funding of relief efforts? Those were praiseworthy. If you seriously see nothing wrong with 179 Republicans voting against hurricane relief efforts for blue states after months of delay when there was no similar problems getting relief for RED states voted on and passed overwhelmingly then I fear you're a lost cause when it comes to being a reasonable person. What you're seeing here is what "derangement syndrome" really looks like. This is a vote so utterly uncontroversial that anyone who voted against it deserves to be shamed and mocked ceaselessly and demonstrates just how extreme and crazy the House GOP caucus has become.
C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 C2N2

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

Right. I mean honestly do you even try when you insult Democrats?

I'm looking at your second line and I think I could ask you a question similar to the one in your first line...

Well let us compare the insults.

You accuse him of being a hypocrite, by saying that people such as himself complained about Bush during Katrina. When in fact no one complained about the giving of money to victims and instead complained about the way in which Bush and FEMA handled the other aspects of disaster relief, something entirely irrelavent to this topic; yet something you invent, put into the mouth of OP, and then accuse him of being a hypocrite for.

While I simply make fun of Republicans for being idiots. What possible reason could there be for denying victims relief other than partisan idiocy? There is no reason. There is literally no reason at all. And to cite that idiocy, I have created a play on words of one of the esteemed members of the Republican Party in relation to this topic.

TL;DR: Republicans in this instance (as in many) are idiots.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

I can't believe people are trying to rationalize this behavior.. Bush, FEMA, and his adminstration were being criticized because of their incompetence.. Not that they actually sent aid.. There is no reason why any one should support this horse sh!t regardless of party.. If something like this happens in any state, what ever color it is, they require aid..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

nocoolnamejim

Nope. The actual response from FEMA and the delay of Bush declaring it a disaster, going on vacation, etc. and how unprepared our government was were things that were criticized. The promptness and the bipartisan unanimity on voting for funding of relief efforts? Those were praiseworthy. If you seriously see nothing wrong with 179 Republicans voting against hurricane relief efforts for blue states after months of delay when there was no similar problems getting relief for RED states voted on and passed overwhelmingly

you act as if the 112th US congress was around in 05, control of the congress and party platforms have changed several times since then...

anyway I doubt you've actually examined the bill and can give an actual opinion. You're probably just assuming because it's got "Aid" in the name it's good.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178831 Posts
Whatever happened to insurance?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="Abbeten"] heh that's not at all what is happening hereStorm_Marine

Nope. The actual response from FEMA and the delay of Bush declaring it a disaster, going on vacation, etc. and how unprepared our government was were things that were criticized. The promptness and the bipartisan unanimity on voting for funding of relief efforts? Those were praiseworthy. If you seriously see nothing wrong with 179 Republicans voting against hurricane relief efforts for blue states after months of delay when there was no similar problems getting relief for RED states voted on and passed overwhelmingly

you act as if the 112th US congress was around in 05, control of the congress and party platforms have changed several times since then...

anyway I doubt you've actually examined the bill and can give an actual opinion. You're probably just assuming because it's got "Aid" in the name it's good.

.......... 60 some republicans refused to vote for the 9 billion dollar bill which was a FULL two paragraphs long that simply raised the flood insurance budget.. There was no pork in it.. Explain us that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] Nope. The actual response from FEMA and the delay of Bush declaring it a disaster, going on vacation, etc. and how unprepared our government was were things that were criticized. The promptness and the bipartisan unanimity on voting for funding of relief efforts? Those were praiseworthy. If you seriously see nothing wrong with 179 Republicans voting against hurricane relief efforts for blue states after months of delay when there was no similar problems getting relief for RED states voted on and passed overwhelmingly sSubZerOo

Explain us that.

Republicans hate northeastern liberals blah blah blah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-598fc45371265

Whatever happened to insurance? LJS9502_basic

We need a bill that forces all property owners to buy storm insurance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Whatever happened to insurance? Storm_Marine

We need a bill that forces all property owners to buy insurance.

I'd like to know where your guy's magic insurance companies are that don't go bankrupt when millions of their customers all of a sudden need immense coverage... You guys seem not to be able to grasp what a major disaster means.. The gulf region is STILL recovering from Katrina..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

Explain us that.

Republicans hate northeastern liberals blah blah blah

I sure hope its not something that petty or stupid.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nocoolnamejim

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="Abbeten"] heh that's not at all what is happening hereStorm_Marine

Dude, disaster relief is disaster relief. Party platforms and control of Congress shouldn't matter. And we've had enough disasters hit and need relief funding that the bills to appropriate money to rebuild aren't that complicated. For what it's worth, the GOP was in control of the House in 2005 and apparently disaster relief wasn't controversial then like it is now. Must have been because it was red states and a Republican President wanting it. Give it up. This was absolutely shameful on behalf of the Republicans voting against it and there's no way to spin around it. If Democrats had voted overwhelmingly against Katrina relief aid you'd have had an epileptic seizure you'd be so up in arms about the horrible partisanship.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Whatever happened to insurance? sSubZerOo

I'd like to know where your guy's magic insurance companies are that don't go bankrupt when millions of their customers all of a sudden need immense coverage... You guys seem not to be able to grasp what a major disaster means.. The gulf region is STILL recovering from Katrina..

that's what bailouts are for silly mister.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nocoolnamejim

But...I thought mandates were unconstitutional?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

:| Is this some form of schizofrenia you have? Your against direct diseaster relief.. But your for bailouts.. Supporting the BUSINESSES over the people in time consuming reorganization while people are suffering..

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Insurance only works for individual emergencies

Not large scale disasters that affects millions of their customers at once.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Whatever happened to insurance? nocoolnamejim

i'm sure it would fit in somewhere with the commerce clause.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"] I'd like to know where your guy's magic insurance companies are that don't go bankrupt when millions of their customers all of a sudden need immense coverage... You guys seem not to be able to grasp what a major disaster means.. The gulf region is STILL recovering from Katrina.. sSubZerOo

Your against direct diseaster relief..

says who?

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nocoolnamejim

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

You do realize that the number of times the Southeast, filled almost exclusively with red states, are going to get hit by natural disasters is going to be a lot more than the rest of the country? Do you REALLY want to take the position that disaster relief is illegitimate spending?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

says who?

So you agree with Cool that what is happening in house is ridiculous and uncalled for?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] But...I thought mandates were unconstitutional?nocoolnamejim

You do realize that the number of times the Southeast, filled almost exclusively with red states, are going to get hit by natural disasters is going to be a lot more than the rest of the country?

I think that would fall under the "preexisting condition" category.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nocoolnamejim

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Whatever happened to insurance? Blue-Sky

Bingo. It would bankrupt the insurance providers damned quickly. There isn't a private entity that is big enough to be able to whip up $60 billion dollars or more to spend on a whim.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59d151f079814

I would like to know when the United States changed from "We the People" to "fvck ya'll".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

says who?

So you agree with Cool that what is happening in house is ridiculous and uncalled for?

i know little of relief bills and congress politics, but i'm sure it's all a bit more complicated than "We don't want to help blue states"

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaBrainz
This thread is has gone conspiracy theory. I hate being in the position to defend republicans but they voted against it because the costs were not offset. To the example in the OP, we were not running a 900 billion deficit when Katrina hit, so its a reasonable decision. The thing is-YOU ALL KNOW THIS- but chose to ignore it. Come on man.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nocoolnamejim

Storm_Marine

You do realize that the number of times the Southeast, filled almost exclusively with red states, are going to get hit by natural disasters is going to be a lot more than the rest of the country?

fat people get sick more than people that take care of themselves. your point?

Would be beyond your ability to grasp apparently.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-598fc45371265

This thread is has gone conspiracy theory. DaBrainz

i'm just winging it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] You do realize that the number of times the Southeast, filled almost exclusively with red states, are going to get hit by natural disasters is going to be a lot more than the rest of the country? nocoolnamejim

fat people get sick more than people that take care of themselves. your point?

Would be beyond your ability to grasp apparently.

the edited version is better

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nocoolnamejim
[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]This thread is has gone conspiracy theory. I hate being in the position to defend republicans but they voted against it because the costs were not offset. To the example in the OP, we were not running a 900 billion deficit when Katrina hit, so its a reasonable decision. The thing is-YOU ALL KNOW THIS- but chose to ignore it. Come on man.

Irrelevant. We've had disasters hit before in good times and bad. Disaster relief has never been held hostage to achieve, say, cuts to entitlement programs to offset. EVERY time a disaster has hit before this one, the vote has been utterly uncontroversial.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

says who?

Storm_Marine

i know little of relief bills and congress politics, but i'm sure it's all a bit more complicated than "We don't want to help blue states"

I just pointed out that 50+ republicans actually voted against the small 9 billion dollar relief bill before it.. It was two paragraphs long and accounted simply to increase the flood relief budget by 9 billion for the diseaster.. There was no pork in it.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Abbeten
[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]This thread is has gone conspiracy theory. I hate being in the position to defend republicans but they voted against it because the costs were not offset. To the example in the OP, we were not running a 900 billion deficit when Katrina hit, so its a reasonable decision. The thing is-YOU ALL KNOW THIS- but chose to ignore it. Come on man.

heh yeah because we should really be worrying about that right now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

I just pointed out that 50+ republicans actually voted against the small 9 billion dollar relief bill before it.. It was two paragraphs long and accounted simply to increase the flood relief budget by 9 billion for the diseaster.. There was no pork in it.

when it's going to pass anyway, sometimes you want to change your vote in order to pretend to your constituents that you're actually standing for something.

shallow but there you go

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nocoolnamejim

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

when it's going to pass anyway, sometimes you want to change your vote in order to pretend to your constituents that you're actually standing for something.

shallow but there you go

I think this is the sixth different explanation you've tried to justify this so far in your last dozen posts. Winging it is right. Why don't you just, for once, concede the point that this was egregious partisanship and move on?
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
I look forward to the new sig, Jimmy
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Most property owners in NY and NJ *do* have storm and wind insurance. Most do not have flooding insurance since flooding is rather rare in anything outside of the coast.

Most insurance companies are latching on to the excuse that it was flooding that caused the damage and not, y'know, a hurricane or a tropical storm.

And the coastal towns that are required to have flood insurance are being told that their 1 story house is actually one giant basement and can only provide limited coverage for "basements."

So, yes insurance companies should most definitely be responsible for reimbursing most of their customers. Many, many, many are being denied over frivolous technical reasons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

nocoolnamejim

shallow but there you go

I think this is the sixth different explanation you've tried to justify this so far in your last dozen posts. Winging it is right.

nobody got hurt, who cares? you're just looking for an excuse to smear Republicans as unpatriotic/evil. as per usual with your threads. I expect this kind of stuff from Blue-sky but not a mod.

you can complain about this being political scheming, and you'd be justified in doing so. but just don't make this into something that it's not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-598fc45371265

shallow but there you go

Storm_Marine

I think this is the sixth different explanation you've tried to justify this so far in your last dozen posts. Winging it is right.

nobody got hurt, who cares? you're just looking for an excuse to smear Republicans as unpatriotic/evil. as per usual with your threads. I expect this kind of stuff from Blue-sky but not a mod.

anyway blue = only serious thing i've said and i stand by it

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaBrainz
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="DaBrainz"]This thread is has gone conspiracy theory. I hate being in the position to defend republicans but they voted against it because the costs were not offset. To the example in the OP, we were not running a 900 billion deficit when Katrina hit, so its a reasonable decision. The thing is-YOU ALL KNOW THIS- but chose to ignore it. Come on man.

heh yeah because we should really be worrying about that right now

I agree with you on that. What I don't agree with is the assertion that its because they are blue states. That's crazy talk.
C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 C2N2

shallow but there you go

Storm_Marine

*Post link to current event.*

*Summarize event.*

*Post link to past event.*

*Summarize event.*

*Ask why they are handled different given the politics of both regions?*

SMEAR CAMPAIGN LIBERAL AGENDA BRAINWASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178831 Posts

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Whatever happened to insurance? Blue-Sky

Odd thing to say since hurricane insurance is offered in areas that can be impacted.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nocoolnamejim

shallow but there you go

Storm_Marine

nobody got hurt, who cares? you're just looking for an excuse to smear Republicans as unpatriotic/evil. as per usual with your threads.

Dude...two months have passed waiting on this funding. It took Republicans elected in those blue states publicly going on TV and blaming their own party (Governor Christie and Congressman Steve King) to get the GOP to move on this. I don't know about you, but *I* wouldn't want to be homeless in the northeast in the dead of winter that long. I'm not "looking for an excuse". I'm pointing out a BLATANT EXAMPLE of unpatriotic evil by noting the following things: 1. Republicans controlled the House in 2005 when Katrina hit red states. The DAY AFTER Bush asked for funding for relief efforts a vote was held 2. The vote was overwhelming approved without controversy and without any discussions about "offsetting cuts elsewhere" or "insurance" or anything else. 3. The Senate voted UNANIMOUSLY hours later. 4. In 2012/2013, Republicans control the House when Sandy hit blue states. They delay months on voting for funding.
5. It takes Republicans in those blue states publicly going on TV and blaming their own party for why people are freezing in the cold 6. Finally a vote is held, and 80% of Republicans vote against relief. Red states + red president = instant and bipartisan relief funding Blue states + blue president = delays and overwhelming opposition from Republicans As I said, that isn't an "excuse" of a lack of patriotism and cynical evil. That's a shining example of both.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"] I think this is the sixth different explanation you've tried to justify this so far in your last dozen posts. Winging it is right. C2N2

*Post link to current event.*

*Summarize event.*

*Post link to past event.*

*Summarize event.*

*Ask why they are handled different given the politics of both regions?*

different republicans, different platforms, there are alot of newcomers in congress that don't want to be seen voting for any new major spending. you all know this, it's just easier for you guys to make this a blue state red state thing

C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 C2N2

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

LJS9502_basic

Odd thing to say since hurricane insurance is offered in areas that can be impacted.

LOL Hurricane insurance... You mean "Pay us a steep premium for being at risk and then have like a 10% deductible on your claim insurance." Where you pay the premium year round, every year despite not having a hurricane then in a event of a hurricane your deductible is 10% the value of your home, so if your basement is flooded, and you are in a $500,000 house, the first $50,000 in damage is on you bud.