Hillary Clinton Tacks Right of Obama on Foreign Policy.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Remarks on Iran, Russia Suggest How She Might Differentiate Herself in '16 Run

From the article:

Hillary Clinton has begun laying out foreign-policy positions that sound a more hard-line note on Iran, Russia and other global trouble spots than is coming from President Barack Obama, underscoring how she might differentiate herself from the administration she served, should she run for president.

The former secretary of state this week voiced doubts that Iran would make good on an agreement that Mr. Obama hopes will curb that country's nuclear program in exchange for relief from sanctions.

Mrs. Clinton, speaking to the American Jewish Congress in New York, said that she was "personally skeptical that the Iranians would follow through and deliver" on the nuclear deal reached last year.

She added that the deal was a "development worth testing," though she hinted that military action should remain a consideration if the agreement collapses. "Let's be clear. Every option does remain on the table," she said.

In previous appearances recently, Mrs. Clinton drew parallels between the actions of Russian President Vladimir Putin in Ukraine and Adolf Hitler before the Second World War.

One image from 2009 could prove embarrassing for Mrs. Clinton, now that U.S.-Russian tensions are escalating. A widely distributed photo from that year shows a broadly smiling Mrs. Clinton pushing a red "reset" button with her Russian counterpart—a suggestion that relations between the two countries were on the mend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two questions: At what point do we start asking how much of the blame does Hillary Clinton shoulders for Obama's failed foreign policy.

What specific, concrete accomplishments, if any, did Hillary Clinton had as Secretary of State?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

"Mrs. Clinton, speaking to the American Jewish Congress in New York"

well, that explains why she said what she said, but I don't think her or anybody else plans to attack Iran, this is just pandering the the hawkish Jewish constituency

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Master_Live

@lamprey263 said:

well, that explains why she said what she said, but I don't think her or anybody else plans to attack Iran, this is just pandering the the hawkish Jewish constituency

Racist.

nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@lamprey263 said:

Racist.

lul really?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

A politician changing his/her tune to suit a specific audience. How completely unique.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

lets be honest it doesnt matter how far right she goes republicans are still going to hate her no matter what and vice versa with her supporters. Something big would need to happen to really change her standing among the general public. And for the record something bigger or more personal than the death of four people during war time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@Master_Live: I hope that is sarcasm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

@sherman-tank1 said:

With Master-Live, who knows. Trolls get to be moderators these days. I know it's largely just for get some laughs, or get discussion going, but it's pretty partisan too.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Master_Live

@jimkabrhel said:

@sherman-tank1 said:

With Master-Live, who knows. Trolls get to be moderators these days. I know it's largely just for get some laughs, or get discussion going, but it's pretty partisan too.

You need to check that Jimmy Boy, not only am I not a troll, I'm not a moderator any more. And partisan how? Because I don't tow the liberal line that it used to dominate in this place. Too bad for you, it was time for a little variety.