Hi there. My thoughts.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RPGAddict4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RPGAddict4Ever
Member since 2013 • 111 Posts

Hi, my name is Josh. Hopefully we can all remain friendly.

People may be born with the inclination to be sexually attracted to members of the same gender, or it could be due to outside stimulus in the early part of life or there could be people making those kinds of decisions. Or a combination thereof. That being said, if it is the case that someone is born with a same sex attraction, I don't believe it removes any responsibility for acting upon it. Some people appear to be more naturally inclined towards aggression, if they assault someone the judge isn't going to care if their defense is "God made me this way!" And it's the responsibility of actions which is the important part.

Repentance would involve praying to God and agreeing that the person has broken His laws and is deserving of the punishment and contritely asking forgiveness and relying on the sacrifice of Jesus to be the payment for the sin. If that is done genuinely, God will provide the person a new heart with new desires. They wouldn't become perfect and will still struggle with sin as long as they live because they still live in the flesh. But instead of loving the sin they will hate it and their conversion will be evident by a lessening of sin in their life and an increasing of fruit(good works(not to earn salvation)) in keeping with repentance.

What do you think?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

But Josh, God isn't real.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

You obviously have strong beliefs.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Huitzilopochtli demands human sacrifice during Toxcatl. Since the deity demands it, it is therefore immoral (and dangerous) not to do so.

@RPGAddict4Ever I might also add, you'd better only love text-only RPGs, because otherwise you're entertaining graven images. :-0

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@Master_Live: just wait, 60-80 more years. i would say i told you so, but i won't be there with you when it all goes down.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Um, you do realize God isn't real right? Organized religions are just cults that brainwash their followers. It's all made up nonsense.

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7 HailtotheQueen
Member since 2014 • 290 Posts

@RPGAddict4Ever said:

Hi, my name is Josh. Hopefully we can all remain friendly.

People may be born with the inclination to be sexually attracted to members of the same gender, or it could be due to outside stimulus in the early part of life or there could be people making those kinds of decisions. Or a combination thereof. That being said, if it is the case that someone is born with a same sex attraction, I don't believe it removes any responsibility for acting upon it. Some people appear to be more naturally inclined towards aggression, if they assault someone the judge isn't going to care if their defense is "God made me this way!" And it's the responsibility of actions which is the important part.

Repentance would involve praying to God and agreeing that the person has broken His laws and is deserving of the punishment and contritely asking forgiveness and relying on the sacrifice of Jesus to be the payment for the sin. If that is done genuinely, God will provide the person a new heart with new desires. They wouldn't become perfect and will still struggle with sin as long as they live because they still live in the flesh. But instead of loving the sin they will hate it and their conversion will be evident by a lessening of sin in their life and an increasing of fruit(good works(not to earn salvation)) in keeping with repentance.

What do you think?

I'm going to borrow this argument from a friend because it is the perfect comparison.

Josh, do you remember when your parents told you that you better behave a certain way or Santa won't bring you gifts for christmas? Remember then they told you that if you are good you will get presents and if you are bad, you will get a lump of coal? Remember when they said Santa is always watching you? Well, God is Santa for adults. Its exactly the same concept. Some mythical being watching you and either rewarding (heaven/gifts) you or punishing (hell/coal) you.

Bringing religion into this discussion isn't going to win many people over to your side. Want to know what I think? I think we should stop worrying about what other people do. I think we should stop judging. I think we should let people do whatever the hell they want as long as no one is getting hurt. Most of the people who like to toss around these anti-hay passages from the bible don't seem to follow a lot of the OTHER passages. You know the saying about stones and glass houses

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I think you're an idiot. You're seriously comparing assaulting someone to sexual attraction to the same gender?

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 watchdogsrules

@speedfreak48t5p: right just like how some dude walk right into john hagee 's face and fired six bullets aimed at his face with the gun inches from his face. but magically the bullets bounced right of his face. i suppose the fairy godmother was watching over him.

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By GeekInkINC
Member since 2014 • 206 Posts

Humans becoming self-aware is god's fault. God also allowed his own crucifixion. Thus, humans are perfect (regardless of our silly definitions of "flaw") because that's what god intended.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Not enough boobs. Next time, more boobs.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

lol. not only you believe in the fairy of god, you also think heart is the centre of all emotions/ thoughts.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

notbad/10

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@watchdogsrules said:

@speedfreak48t5p: right just like how some dude walk right into john hagee 's face and fired six bullets aimed at his face with the gun inches from his face. but magically the bullets bounced right of his face. i suppose the fairy godmother was watching over him.

any proof this actually happened?

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 watchdogsrules

@lostrib: dig deep enough, you'll find it.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts