Help me reduce spiders in my room!

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (937 posts) -

Now not all of these creatures are dangerous ''spiders'' some are daddy long legs. Dangerous or not, point being is that I don't like looking at them. They look really weird with those 8 long skinny legs. Yuck. I know it may be impossible to eliminate every one of them. And of course reducing dust can help. I always clean and don't have a tremendous amount of ''stuff'' except for my consoles. I also use an air purifier. But every now and then you see these things. Please. Is there anyway to get rid of a lot of them? IS it worth it to hire someone?

#2 Edited by Korvus (3547 posts) -

Start killing them and their number will dwindle. Really! =P

Alternatively feed them to your father (damn it, I was trying to resist >_< My apologies)

#3 Edited by lamprey263 (23544 posts) -

Smash the big ones so their blood and guts are stuck to the wall, and leave the blood and guts there, as a warning to the others... this trick works for me. You might have to live with some smudges on the wall but whatever.

#4 Posted by KiIIyou (27145 posts) -

How the heck are they gettin' in there anyhow? :o

#5 Posted by brimmul777 (1183 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

Now not all of these creatures are dangerous ''spiders'' some are daddy long legs. Dangerous or not, point being is that I don't like looking at them. They look really weird with those 8 long skinny legs. Yuck. I know it may be impossible to eliminate every one of them. And of course reducing dust can help. I always clean and don't have a tremendous amount of ''stuff'' except for my consoles. I also use an air purifier. But every now and then you see these things. Please. Is there anyway to get rid of a lot of them? IS it worth it to hire someone?

If it's really warm/hot where you live,you should try putting in a A/C in your window if possible.I have the A/C on in my bedroom and I'll be honest,no spiders,no house flies,no insects at all.I'm being honest with you,try it.I don't think you will be disappointed.

#6 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

throw away your consoles.

#7 Posted by deeliman (2423 posts) -

You should have sex in front of them to assert your dominance

#8 Edited by spaceninja818 (422 posts) -

I use an air freshener and a lighter when I see one. Its quite entertaining...

Tip: Don't burn your house

#9 Posted by thehig1 (1714 posts) -

@deeliman said:

You should have sex in front of them to assert your dominance

unorthodox but certainly would assert dominance.

I'd also try turning light off and closing window

#10 Posted by InEMplease (6333 posts) -

You have to nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

#11 Posted by zeroyaoi (1931 posts) -

Get a cat. Watch the horror. :D

#12 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26170 posts) -

#13 Edited by Kevlar101 (6101 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

If it's really warm/hot where you live,you should try putting in a A/C in your window if possible.I have the A/C on in my bedroom and I'll be honest,no spiders,no house flies,no insects at all.I'm being honest with you,try it.I don't think you will be disappointed.

I agree with this. This method worked for me too.

#14 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1337 posts) -

@zeroyaoi said:

I was constantly removing spiders from my house for months then I got a kitten and it was like one extreme to the other!

#15 Edited by foxhound_fox (88060 posts) -

#16 Posted by indzman (17595 posts) -

@korvus said:

Alternatively feed them to your father (damn it, I was trying to resist >_< My apologies)

LMFAO

#17 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10157 posts) -

use Spider Reducer.

#18 Posted by Master_Live (14425 posts) -

Photo or it didn't happen.

#19 Posted by MDK12345 (937 posts) -

guys I'm serious

#20 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7389 posts) -

Raid lots of em and sleep with gas mask. Lets see who will outlast this chemical warfare.

#21 Edited by Iszdope (9884 posts) -

If you have a problem, and if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A-Team.

#22 Posted by Master_Live (14425 posts) -

#23 Edited by Iszdope (9884 posts) -

Ahh, good times.

#24 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

May I suggest reading Charlotte's Web, it may give you an alternative perspective on spiders.

#25 Posted by thereal25 (408 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

guys I'm serious

Try patching up any holes in yer room. Look carefully around corners, ceiling etc.

#26 Posted by sukraj (22608 posts) -

I freaken hate spiders, i would just kill as many as you can and get rid of the cob webs.

#27 Edited by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

@zeroyaoi said:

I find it entertaining.

May I suggest reading Charlotte's Web, it may give you an alternative perspective on spiders.

No. I hate creepy crawlers.

#28 Posted by Golden_Cupcake (13 posts) -

Why kill them? More spiders means less flies or ants.

I have a bunch of spiders that live near my window, and the place looks like Omaha beach for ants.

#29 Posted by sukraj (22608 posts) -

Why kill them? More spiders means less flies or ants.

I have a bunch of spiders that live near my window, and the place looks like Omaha beach for ants.

aracnophobia

#30 Edited by jasean79 (2371 posts) -

Set it off, vacate the room for 2 hours. Come back, air out the room for another 2 hours.

You're welcome.

#31 Posted by MDK12345 (937 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

guys I'm serious

Try patching up any holes in yer room. Look carefully around corners, ceiling etc.

Yea I don't see any. But they are always on a corner wall. I was reading there were formulas you can spray on your walls that make the spiders not want to be there. Do u know any?

#32 Edited by thegerg (15063 posts) -

@KiIIyou said:

How the heck are they gettin' in there anyhow? :o

This. Figure this out. If your house really is as clean as you want us to believe, they are coming in from the outside. Fix that shit.

#33 Posted by JohnF111 (14090 posts) -

Most of the time you only see them when they're after a mate so there's not much you can do as its not like they're looking for a place to stay.

#34 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

Just use insect killer... And fire.

#35 Posted by Rookerman (25 posts) -
#36 Posted by GazaAli (22691 posts) -

There is no fucking way I'd sleep in a room where spiders would be crawling and creeping around. I remember the first night I spent in here, it was in my grandmother's house in a city that is mostly countryside and agricultural land. We were all sitting in the living room at the night of that day and there was this fucking huge spider, it was like nothing I've ever seen. I clearly remember just how traumatized I was by the sight of that bugger. When it was time to go to bed my grandmother made the bed and called for me. I stepped into the room, looked at the ceiling and realized that there was an ever bigger spider standing there without making any movement. I couldn't say anything as I was a stranger in a strange land at the time. I laid down that night and couldn't get my eyes off that thing. I did not allow my eyes to close for a second and kept them fixed at the ceiling as I was afraid it would fall down and land on me.

Ever since that night I have a personal vendetta against spiders.

#37 Edited by zeroyaoi (1931 posts) -
#38 Posted by Stesilaus (3317 posts) -

@mdk12345: Have you tried vacuuming under the bed? Most of them are probably coming from there.

#39 Edited by jasean79 (2371 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

There is no fucking way I'd sleep in a room where spiders would be crawling and creeping around. I remember the first night I spent in here, it was in my grandmother's house in a city that is mostly countryside and agricultural land. We were all sitting in the living room at the night of that day and there was this fucking huge spider, it was like nothing I've ever seen. I clearly remember just how traumatized I was by the sight of that bugger. When it was time to go to bed my grandmother made the bed and called for me. I stepped into the room, looked at the ceiling and realized that there was an ever bigger spider standing there without making any movement. I couldn't say anything as I was a stranger in a strange land at the time. I laid down that night and couldn't get my eyes off that thing. I did not allow my eyes to close for a second and kept them fixed at the ceiling as I was afraid it would fall down and land on me.

Ever since that night I have a personal vendetta against spiders.

#40 Edited by Glitter (353 posts) -

Just keep the non-dangerous ones as pets and feed them or capture them and let them go. I saw a big centipede in my room recently and I killed it, but I wish I had just captured it and then let it go in the morning or whenever; if I was not afraid of bugs or spiders, that is what I would do.

#41 Posted by Dogswithguns (10738 posts) -

I just got bitten by one, talk about pain and feeling sick from it... I use this.

http://everydayroots.com/how-to-get-rid-of-spiders

#42 Edited by elkoldo (1047 posts) -

Why the French toast hasn't anyone proposed this already ?

#43 Posted by pyro1245 (772 posts) -

get a cat. or a bunch of toads, they eat spiders.

#44 Edited by JohnF111 (14090 posts) -

I remember seeing my cat watching something, on a black carpet, it was dark so I couldn't make it out and went over to see and turned on the light and not one but two big spiders walking across the carpet, damn cat just watched, amused, until I got my dog who happily ate them.... I love my dog.

#45 Posted by Nuck81 (5846 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

guys I'm serious

A serious answer.

Try pissing on everything in your room. Not only does it mark your territory, but Spiders hate the smell of ammonia

#46 Posted by XaosII (16575 posts) -

Keep in mind that spiders tend to eat other insects as food. If you significantly reduce the spider population, it'll likely get compensated by some other kind of bug that would've normally been spider food.

#47 Posted by Mickeyminime (1127 posts) -

Spiders will come in to your room no matter what. I do hear Spiders like warm places. I live in the UK and during summer, spider come in all the time. We have no AC so during hot days, we have to leave the windows open to let the cool air come in. I tend to use the hoover, shoes and anything else that is useful to kill them. I have a fear over spiders so when i see one, i'm running around the house screaming and destroying anything. The fast spiders are the worst for me. I think it took me nearly an hour to kill 1 spider a few years ago. I flushed it down the bog.