This topic is locked from further discussion.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

Anyone watching this series? I've actually been impressed with it and am enjoying it. I know Syfy is known for things like Giant Octopus vs Squidzilla and Sharknado but this series seems really well polished.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Syfy television programs are usually at least decent. I mean they did do Stargate after all and that show was fantastic.

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

I've been watching it. Interesting premise, enjoying it so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Have it DVRed but haven't had a chance to watch it. I usually like shows on Syfy.

Grenadeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Grenadeh
Member since 2003 • 218 Posts

@ferrari2001: MGM did Stargate. Stargate wasn't on Syfy until SGA - which was good, but got cut off without an ending. SGU was downright horrible, and you can thank Syfy for that. Syfy original programming is usually terrible. Caprica, Alphas, for example. All their original movies. The only good things to come out of Syfy have been Warehouse 13, Eureka, and Continuum - if Continuum was actually on Syfy. Oh and BSG of course.

Having said that Helix does look interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@Grenadeh said:

@ferrari2001: MGM did Stargate. Stargate wasn't on Syfy until SGA - which was good, but got cut off without an ending. SGU was downright horrible, and you can thank Syfy for that. Syfy original programming is usually terrible. Caprica, Alphas, for example. All their original movies. The only good things to come out of Syfy have been Warehouse 13, Eureka, and Continuum - if Continuum was actually on Syfy. Oh and BSG of course.

Having said that Helix does look interesting.

That's not true. SG-1 was first on Showtime then was bought by Syfy in either the second of third season. So SG-1 was, indeed, on Syfy before SGA.

As for opinions on the shows, SGU was fantastic. The ending sucked but only because they cancelled it and did a lousy job at tying up loose ends. Caprica wasn't bad, it just wasn't that great either. Haven't watched Alphas so I won't comment on that.