Headset help for a headset noob…

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crusher529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crusher529
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I'm currently in the market for a headset, and I'm really not sure what to get. I would love to get some help for those of you who have experience with headsets.

Current Situation:

For my time of playing on PS3 I currently have surround sound audio system and a wireless bluetooth ear piece. I decided that I would like to upgrade to a headset when I get a PS4 this summer.

What I'm Looking For:

I would like to get a headset with…

-Universal Capabilities (At least: PS4, PS3, Mac, and iPhone)

-$100 and under (wouldn't mind going slightly over)

-Overall good quality (Mic, audio, etc)

-Lastly, the ability to hear my own voice (I don't want to be screaming in the headset at my friends, or disturb the people in my house because I can't hear myself.)

-(Preferably not Turtle Beach)

Thanks in advanced for anyone who provides good/helpful input!

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

I recommend Razer. RAZER store

I own the Chimera 5.1 which looking at that headset list ^ it doesn't appear that they sell anymore, but Razer has other headsets as well. I haven't done research on this or anything, but I think anything wireless that works with a variety of systems may easily be over $100.

The Chimera is noise-canceling, works as PS3 mic and has a cord for Xbox 360 mics, is wireless, surround sound, accepts Digital Optical, RAC, auxiliary, and the battery lasts forever. Perhaps the greatest thing I like about them is that they're superbly ergonomically designed to fit over your ears and I would wear them for 5+ hours before they would get even slightly uncomfortable.

I had to get the headset replaced because a few months after I bought them the volume buttons didn't work anymore (I'm 99.9% sure this was because I dropped them on it), but RAZER was super cool and I shipped the broken headset back and they sent me a new one.

I can tell you more information if you want about them, but I really can't say enough about how happy I am with them.

EDIT: Also, yeah I agree I don't think you should buy Turtle Beach.

crusher529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 crusher529
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER: Thanks for your input man! I will definitely look into them. I heard Razer products are supposed to be pretty good.

Turtle Beaches really don't look that good. The brand is just overrated and I don't want the retarted MLG logo on the side of my headset. Plus, they look god-awful.