Head size reduction surgery?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mudig (1567 posts) -
I'm doing this report on the weirdest plastic surgeries people get and I haven't made a decision on which to write about, but while thinking one thing came to mind and that was people with big heads getting surgery to make it look less abnormal. So is it possible for someone to get plastic surgery on their head to reduce the size of it?
#2 Posted by dante_123456 (15011 posts) -
put it this way, for a nose job they have to break your nose, and reconstruct it...i don't think a doctor would be willing (and i don't even think it's possible) to reconstruct someones skull.
#3 Posted by steppinrazor88 (14441 posts) -

put it this way, for a nose job they have to break your nose, and reconstruct it...i don't think a doctor would be willing (and i don't even think it's possible) to reconstruct someones skull)dante_123456

what this guy said :| 

#4 Posted by DarkKar (6025 posts) -
Carlton Banks would benefit from this procedure.
#5 Posted by Brainkiller05 (28954 posts) -

Carlton Banks would benefit from this procedure. DarkKar

:lol: harsh *carlton dance* 

#6 Posted by Witchsight (12143 posts) -
You should do it on circumcision reconstrustion. Thats the weirdest ive heard :|
#7 Posted by yoshi-lnex (5442 posts) -
I wonder if they relize that head size is directly proportional to intelligence.....
#8 Posted by megagene (22967 posts) -
Having a big head is actually a good thing if you want to be in movies/television. John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Jay Leno...They all have honkin' HUGE noggins. In fact, back when Wheel of Fortune was auditioning for their letter turner, it came down to two women who were deemed more or less equally attractive, but in the end they hired Vanna White specifically because she had the bigger head.
#9 Posted by sonicare (53380 posts) -
Generally, it's not possible.  You can have facial surgery, but surgery involving the skull would be highly risky.  Your brain is inside the skull and has a set volume to it.  Reducing the size of the skull would cause increased pressure within - potentially lethal or damaging to your brain.
#10 Posted by Witchsight (12143 posts) -

Having a big head is actually a good thing if you want to be in movies/television. John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Jay Leno...They all have honkin' HUGE noggins. In fact, back when Wheel of Fortune was auditioning for their letter turner, it came down to two women who were deemed more or less equally attractive, but in the end they hired Vanna White specifically because she had the bigger head.megagene

Well, assuming youre attractive it might help. If not, it just adds more ugly

#11 Posted by DarkKar (6025 posts) -

Having a big head is actually a good thing if you want to be in movies/television. John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Jay Leno...They all have honkin' HUGE noggins. In fact, back when Wheel of Fortune was audtioning for their letter turner, it came down to two women who were deemed more or less equally attractive, but in the end they hired Vanna White specifically because she had the bigger head.megagene

I wouldn't say Jay has a big head as much as he has a megastructure of a chin and what some people call "big hair." 

#12 Posted by trylks (1948 posts) -

Theme hospital inflated head anyone?

In any case, if the head cannot be reduced, can the rest of the body be enlarged? So it is proportional, that would be a rather weird surgery too, :lol:

#13 Posted by Sandlynx9 (482 posts) -
Just reading the title made me rofl :lol:
#14 Posted by jbdb1345 (810 posts) -
i saw this topic and first thought in my mine rotflmao and don't they shave off your head?
#15 Posted by double_decker (145750 posts) -

[QUOTE="dante_123456"]put it this way, for a nose job they have to break your nose, and reconstruct it...i don't think a doctor would be willing (and i don't even think it's possible) to reconstruct someones skull)steppinrazor88

Makes sense to me, but you could always research it and consult a plastic surgeon to find out for sure:)
#16 Posted by Mudig (1567 posts) -
[QUOTE="steppinrazor88"]

[QUOTE="dante_123456"]put it this way, for a nose job they have to break your nose, and reconstruct it...i don't think a doctor would be willing (and i don't even think it's possible) to reconstruct someones skull)double_decker

Makes sense to me, but you could always research it and consult a plastic surgeon to find out for sure:)

I saw this doc, of this doctor trying to help out a man. The man looked really bad. He was missing a nose and his eyes were really far apart from eachother. It showed in the surgery that the doctor took some bone from the mans skull and crushed it up to make his nose and then he used a hammer to make the eyes closer together.

Anyway, the end result was much better than what he looked like before, but a couple of weeks later he had eternal bleeding and died. Strong price to pay just to get people to stop staring at you. 

#17 Posted by staindcoldlp (15121 posts) -
The topic title remind me of Dib from Invader Zim.
#18 Posted by sthadji (4682 posts) -

I saw this doc, of this doctor trying to help out a man. The man looked really bad. He was missing a nose and his eyes were really far apart from eachother. It showed in the surgery that the doctor took some bone from the mans skull and crushed it up to make his nose and then he used a hammer to make the eyes closer together.

Anyway, the end result was much better than what he looked like before, but a couple of weeks later he had eternal bleeding and died. Strong price to pay just to get people to stop staring at you.

Mudig

Damn...I sure as hell don't want to become a plastic surgeon. 

#19 Posted by trylks (1948 posts) -

Mudig

A hammer? and made the nose with bone from the skull? why didn't he take that from other place? Is that for real? If that's real I don't think the doctor was trying to help that man, he was probably trying to get some money, it sounds too risky, looks like the sort of things that are too risky and responsible doctors don't do.