Head size reduction surgery?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
I'm doing this report on the weirdest plastic surgeries people get and I haven't made a decision on which to write about, but while thinking one thing came to mind and that was people with big heads getting surgery to make it look less abnormal. So is it possible for someone to get plastic surgery on their head to reduce the size of it?
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
put it this way, for a nose job they have to break your nose, and reconstruct it...i don't think a doctor would be willing (and i don't even think it's possible) to reconstruct someones skull.
steppinrazor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 steppinrazor88
Member since 2006 • 14441 Posts

put it this way, for a nose job they have to break your nose, and reconstruct it...i don't think a doctor would be willing (and i don't even think it's possible) to reconstruct someones skull)dante_123456

what this guy said :| 

DarkKar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarkKar
Member since 2005 • 6025 Posts
Carlton Banks would benefit from this procedure.
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts

Carlton Banks would benefit from this procedure. DarkKar

:lol: harsh *carlton dance* 

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
You should do it on circumcision reconstrustion. Thats the weirdest ive heard :|
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
I wonder if they relize that head size is directly proportional to intelligence.....
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
Having a big head is actually a good thing if you want to be in movies/television. John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Jay Leno...They all have honkin' HUGE noggins. In fact, back when Wheel of Fortune was auditioning for their letter turner, it came down to two women who were deemed more or less equally attractive, but in the end they hired Vanna White specifically because she had the bigger head.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Generally, it's not possible.  You can have facial surgery, but surgery involving the skull would be highly risky.  Your brain is inside the skull and has a set volume to it.  Reducing the size of the skull would cause increased pressure within - potentially lethal or damaging to your brain.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts

Having a big head is actually a good thing if you want to be in movies/television. John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Jay Leno...They all have honkin' HUGE noggins. In fact, back when Wheel of Fortune was auditioning for their letter turner, it came down to two women who were deemed more or less equally attractive, but in the end they hired Vanna White specifically because she had the bigger head.megagene

Well, assuming youre attractive it might help. If not, it just adds more ugly

DarkKar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DarkKar
Member since 2005 • 6025 Posts

Having a big head is actually a good thing if you want to be in movies/television. John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Jay Leno...They all have honkin' HUGE noggins. In fact, back when Wheel of Fortune was audtioning for their letter turner, it came down to two women who were deemed more or less equally attractive, but in the end they hired Vanna White specifically because she had the bigger head.megagene

I wouldn't say Jay has a big head as much as he has a megastructure of a chin and what some people call "big hair." 

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 trylks
Member since 2005 • 1948 Posts

Theme hospital inflated head anyone?

In any case, if the head cannot be reduced, can the rest of the body be enlarged? So it is proportional, that would be a rather weird surgery too, :lol:

Sandlynx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Sandlynx9
Member since 2003 • 482 Posts
Just reading the title made me rofl :lol:
jbdb1345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 jbdb1345
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts
i saw this topic and first thought in my mine rotflmao and don't they shave off your head?
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts

[QUOTE="dante_123456"]put it this way, for a nose job they have to break your nose, and reconstruct it...i don't think a doctor would be willing (and i don't even think it's possible) to reconstruct someones skull)steppinrazor88

Makes sense to me, but you could always research it and consult a plastic surgeon to find out for sure:)
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
[QUOTE="steppinrazor88"]

[QUOTE="dante_123456"]put it this way, for a nose job they have to break your nose, and reconstruct it...i don't think a doctor would be willing (and i don't even think it's possible) to reconstruct someones skull)double_decker

Makes sense to me, but you could always research it and consult a plastic surgeon to find out for sure:)

I saw this doc, of this doctor trying to help out a man. The man looked really bad. He was missing a nose and his eyes were really far apart from eachother. It showed in the surgery that the doctor took some bone from the mans skull and crushed it up to make his nose and then he used a hammer to make the eyes closer together.

Anyway, the end result was much better than what he looked like before, but a couple of weeks later he had eternal bleeding and died. Strong price to pay just to get people to stop staring at you. 

staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
The topic title remind me of Dib from Invader Zim.
sthadji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 sthadji
Member since 2004 • 4682 Posts

I saw this doc, of this doctor trying to help out a man. The man looked really bad. He was missing a nose and his eyes were really far apart from eachother. It showed in the surgery that the doctor took some bone from the mans skull and crushed it up to make his nose and then he used a hammer to make the eyes closer together.

Anyway, the end result was much better than what he looked like before, but a couple of weeks later he had eternal bleeding and died. Strong price to pay just to get people to stop staring at you.

Mudig

Damn...I sure as hell don't want to become a plastic surgeon. 

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trylks
Member since 2005 • 1948 Posts

Mudig

A hammer? and made the nose with bone from the skull? why didn't he take that from other place? Is that for real? If that's real I don't think the doctor was trying to help that man, he was probably trying to get some money, it sounds too risky, looks like the sort of things that are too risky and responsible doctors don't do.