Hawaii to shell out $81K to fall prevention coordinator

#1 Posted by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -

This is like the easiest job on the world lol. Just for giving seniors advice on things that require mere common sense.

Link

#2 Edited by GreySeal9 (24513 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

This is like the easiest job on the world lol. Just for giving seniors advice on things that require mere common sense.

Link

And you know this how?

#3 Posted by Master_Live (14860 posts) -

#4 Edited by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Link

And you know this how?

Did you even read the article? Personally, I think this is a waste of taxpayer money.

#5 Edited by GreySeal9 (24513 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Link

And you know this how?

Did you even read the article? Personally, I think this is a waste of taxpayer money.

Yes, I read the article. That's how I know that there's nothing in it that indicates whether the advice given is mere common sense.

#6 Posted by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Link

And you know this how?

Yes, I read the article. That's how I know that there's nothing it that indicates whether the advice given is mere common sense.

From the article:

Today, Hawaii seems compelled to pay someone — rather handsomely — to offer such ubiquitous and common-sense advice.

Of course, common sense and government oftentimes are mutually exclusive.

Derp.

#7 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29394 posts) -
@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Link

And you know this how?

Yes, I read the article. That's how I know that there's nothing it that indicates whether the advice given is mere common sense.

From the article:

Today, Hawaii seems compelled to pay someone — rather handsomely — to offer such ubiquitous and common-sense advice.

Derp.

lol

but the article doesn't explain why it just requires common sense, so you're just citing someone else saying what you're saying

#8 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26354 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Link

And you know this how?

From the article:

Derp.

LOL do you actually think the OPINION of the articles author that it is "common sense" is actual evidence that it is????

#9 Posted by foxhound_fox (88791 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

[...] common sense.

HAHAHA, what's that?

#10 Posted by Aljosa23 (25135 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Link

And you know this how?

From the article:

Derp.

LOL this is amazing

#11 Edited by Master_Live (14860 posts) -

Apostle, abort! I repeat, ABORT!!! Too many haters around!!!

>_>

#12 Edited by GreySeal9 (24513 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:
@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Link

And you know this how?

From the article:

Derp.

lol

but the article doesn't explain why it just requires common sense, so you're just citing someone else saying what you're saying

@SaintLeonidas said:

@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Link

And you know this how?

From the article:

Derp.

LOL do you actually think the OPINION of the articles author that it is "common sense" is actual evidence that it is????

EXACTLY.

If the article gave some real examples of the advice given, then maybe I could agree that it's "common sense," but until then, the TC doesn't actually know if it's common sense or not unless he's privy info outside the purview of this article.

One would think it would be common sense why this article isn't sufficient to determine why the advice is common sense, but I forgot how basic some people on these forums can be.

#13 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (971 posts) -

This thread is shit.

TOPIC:Old people are stupid and can sometimes be stubborn/caviler about their health. My kids mom earns 90k/yr doing something similar. it's nothing new.

#14 Edited by lamprey263 (24236 posts) -

81K isn't much, many municipalities pay more than that a year settling sexual harassment cases caused by their senior staff

#15 Edited by GreySeal9 (24513 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin said:

This thread is shit.

TOPIC:Old people are stupid and can sometimes be stubborn/caviler about their health. My kids mom earns 90k/yr doing something similar. it's nothing new.

Uncool statement is uncool, but it's true that the matter of not falling is completely different for old people than it is for young people. Not falling may seem as simple as "common sense" for young people, but with old people, there's more that you have to take into consideration. My grandma had a boyfriend who fell often and it wasn't due to a lack of common sense, but a variety of health conditions.

#16 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (971 posts) -

@GreySeal9 said:

@vl4d_l3nin said:

This thread is shit.

Uncool statement is uncool, but it's true that the matter of not falling is completely different for old people than it is for young people. Not falling may seem as simple as "common sense" for young people, but with old people, there's more that you have to take into consideration. My grandma had a boyfriend who fell often and it wasn't due to a lack of common sense, but a variety of health conditions.

I was a little blunt, but I think you got my point. Older folks tend to lack spatial awareness, balance, and other motor functions we young people take for granted. So it is entirely necessary for businesses or governments to hire people to act as aides for them.

#17 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7807 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

Link

Interesting. How much does the government give you each year to be on disability?