Have you ever had a near death experience?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

I had a near death experience. It's so long and detailed, I just sit back and reflect on it trying to find my place in this universe now that I'm back to being a normal person.

I became dehydrated and the doctor said if I stayed in jail one more day I would have died.

I'm so glad I was so open minded when I had mine, I thought I was fighting a war as general of gods army. It was an awesome experience that I will never forget. It lasted me a week or two. I found what true love is. Man it was awesome.

You ever have one?

Ashbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ashbee
Member since 2015 • 383 Posts

Was going to this thread to post an actual story then I was just completely confused by your post.

You found true love in your near death fantasies or in real life? Or did you just think about it philosophically and decide you understood the concept?
And what do you mean by you were glad you were open minded? What would being close minded have to do with dying? Just because you experienced more?

Interesting reaction to your experience, can't say I relate to it at all but it's interesting.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Nope.

But I do hope one day to try DMT.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Are you asking if I was every close to death or if I had an "experience"during it? Yes to the first one, no to the second one. I've been near death several times, it just felt like dying; cold, empty and nothingness. No bright light, no Heaven's Gates, no fiery hell, no virgins...

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 slipknot0129

@ashbee said:

Was going to this thread to post an actual story then I was just completely confused by your post.

You found true love in your near death fantasies or in real life? Or did you just think about it philosophically and decide you understood the concept?

And what do you mean by you were glad you were open minded? What would being close minded have to do with dying? Just because you experienced more?

Interesting reaction to your experience, can't say I relate to it at all but it's interesting.

My true love seemed to be from another universe, she picked me because of how funny I was because of how open minded I was. I want to meet her again one day but I know she is in all forms, so I will always be on the look out for her. She made me see the big picture, as I seen galaxies and stuff in my skin. It was cool. It's kind of the opposite of a dream, in a dream you forget what it was about because it fades but with this experience the memories never fade. She would always give me signs then when I looked for her she would always give me a sign. Now that I'm back to normal it's like she doesn't exist but I know she's out there.

Me being open minded kept the experience going forever it seemed. At the end I just wanted to go back home. I know what it really means for someone to love you for who you are. I'm a funny guy.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@korvus said:

Are you asking if I was every close to death or if I had an "experience"during it? Yes to the first one, no to the second one. I've been near death several times, it just felt like dying; cold, empty and nothingness. No bright light, no Heaven's Gates, no fiery hell, no virgins...

This

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slipknot0129

@korvus said:

When I accepted death I just laid their and told God I was ready to die if it was my time. My experience only went better from there on. I don't remember everything in order but my love kept me alive I think.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@slipknot0129: I don't think I could have an experience like that unless I was stoned out of my mind.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slipknot0129

@korvus said:

@slipknot0129: I don't think I could have an experience like that unless I was stoned out of my mind.

When I was on Gamespot this place was totally different.

Ashbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ashbee
Member since 2015 • 383 Posts

I don't remember having an experience, and it was a few months of deliriousness and pain.

The doctors and nurses saved me, not any true loves :P

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Yes. When I was a bit younger my brother and I were on holidays with our parents. Anyways, we went for a swim in the pool at our hotel we were staying at and he couldn't swim that well (actually I don't think he could swim at all lol) and he fell in and hung onto my back trying to stay afloat, and I went further into the water struggling for my last breaths whilst he was panicking and hanging onto my back to stay on top of the water. I thought I was going to die and gave up trying to stick my head out of the water, but thankfully a good Samaritan was standing nearby and could see what was happening and jumped in whilst clothed and helped take my brother out of the water and off my bloody back. I honestly thought I was going to die, and even today I panic when I think of it - let's just say I no longer like swimming.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The only time I felt like I was dead and literally seeing my own body on the bed was when I was on ketamine during a bone marrow biopsy. It was probably the most amazing experience I ever had and it felt very long to me.

I guess I'll find out if cancer or chemo kills me.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Near death, no. I have had an out of body experience though. It was the most amazing feeling I have ever experienced.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I ended up in intensive care because I drank way too much booze it nearly killed me.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BattleSpectre

@sukraj: Not to be nosey, but depression can be a killer huh. Drink booze to help you feel better/go to sleep without booze you still feel like shit. I heard you say in another post that you're on medication and it's helping, so I'm glad to hear that because I wouldn't wish depression upon my worst enemy.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sukraj

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj: Not to be nosey, but depression can be a killer huh. Drink booze to help you feel better/go to sleep without booze you still feel like shit. I heard you say in another post that you're on medication and it's helping, so I'm glad to hear that because I wouldn't wish depression upon my worst enemy.

I stopped drinking booze around 4 years ago and back then I was mixing my meds with booze and I felt like shit but ever since I stopped drinking the medication has started to kick in and I don't feel as depressed as when I used to drink.

I still have good days and bad days but most days I can cope with everyday life like bringing up my kids and being a good husband lol, life goes on and you just have to try and make the most of life while you're still in good health.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BattleSpectre

@sukraj: That's a positive mindset, I like it. We also have awesome games to distract us ;].

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BattleSpectre

@Iszdope said:

Yeah, when I was trippin' balls on purple aums.

Is there anything you haven't tried? Lmao I don't even know what that is.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattleSpectre

@Iszdope: Heh, you're nuts mate, thinking of stopping? Because that shit can kill you as you obviously know.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sukraj

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj: That's a positive mindset, I like it. We also have awesome games to distract us ;].

yeah some awesome games lined up for 2015 bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Gaming-Planet: Gamespot members are immortal...petty illnesses will not bring you down! =D

@sukraj: Stay strong, my friend =D

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I have bipolar disorder and was off my meds.

I went for a drive and turned down the wrong way of the interstate right toward a speeding semi.

Almost died, but I managed to get off the highway.. A cop pulled up so fast it was crazy.

Long story short, they put me in a mental hospital and I got better.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#26 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

I have borderline and when I was 16 the doctors screwed up my meds. I have amnesia from the month of January 2006 but apparently I overdosed on pills and tried to slit my wrists. Eventually I came around in the hospital and that mental fuzziness went away. They told me one or two more pills and I would have died in my sleep. Over time some of the memories have come back....mainly the ones of me trying to kill myself and the feeling that I may not wake up. The others (I cross referenced them with others) were apparently "memories" I made up.

After this whole experience, I not only have borderline but PTSD. Other than that I am very happy and thankful to be alive, even if I don't get much sleep.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#27 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

When I was a little kid, I ran across the road without paying attention, for some reason. A car came close to hitting me.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

One time I was dreaming and having that classic dream of falling and when you near the ground you wake up. This one was different I hit the ground then I woke up, my heart was pounding and felt pain in my chest I thought my heart was about to give in it settled down soon after. I have that if you were to die in a dream that supposedly your mind can't handle it though not sure if that's true or not.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sukraj

@korvus said:

@Gaming-Planet: Gamespot members are immortal...petty illnesses will not bring you down! =D

@sukraj: Stay strong, my friend =D

Thanks my friend