Have any cars ever gotten stuck in your driveway?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Have any cars ever gotten stuck in your driveway because of snow?

Two years ago, my dad saw a guy plowing the driveway across the street from us and hired him to plough our driveway, but the guy ended up getting stuck in our driveway when he tried to plough it and ended up needing to get towed out of the driveway.

Then a few days ago, when it was snowy outside, I looked out my window and saw a car in my driveway a few feet before where the driveway that my family and my uncle's family share forks into our separate driveways. A little while later my sister and I went to Dunkin Donuts and saw the car, it was actually not in the driveway, it was in the yard a little off to the side (from my house window it looked like it was in the driveway). Once we got home my sister texted our cousin and asked if anyone was at my uncle's house that might have their car in the driveway, my cousin replied that it was her grandfather's nurse who had gotten stuck (it was actually the nurse's first day too, at least with my uncle's father-in-law). Eventually the poor lady had to get her car towed up on one of the tow trucks with the ramp that carries the car.

Do you have any stories about people getting stuck in your driveway?

Mink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mink
Member since 2005 • 1794 Posts
Not in the driveway, more like street, we're in a townhouse but few years ago during a big snow storm. Me and my dad went to walk the dog and let her run in the snow but as we came back someone's car got stuck in the middle of the street next to the house. My dog ran straight up to it, and cut right and I had to chase her through damn there 3 feet of snow which was the yard at the side of the house. And i'm a small chick, like 5'1. I hopped about three times, then fell and sunk. All I heard was some guy yelling "I'm sorry!" And my dog had abandoned me, run home waiting at the front door.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 whipassmt

Not in the driveway, more like street, we're in a townhouse but few years ago during a big snow storm. Me and my dad went to walk the dog and let her run in the snow but as we came back someone's car got stuck in the middle of the street next to the house. My dog ran straight up to it, and cut right and I had to chase her through damn there 3 feet of snow which was the yard at the side of the house. And i'm a small chick, like 5'1. I hopped about three times, then fell and sunk. All I heard was some guy yelling "I'm sorry!" And my dog had abandoned me, run home waiting at the front door. Mink
funny story. Did that occur back in early 2011 and late 2010, because the amount of snow then was pretty crazy where I live.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

yea, pizza delivery man.

The whole time we're pushing the car, all i want to do is eat the damn pizza.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Better than that!

I used to live on a property, and I forgot about a certain flat patch of ground that a lot of water runs off and soaks into... and I was driving through there in my old 4WD during a previous winter, with (very temporary) snow covering the whole area (the snow itself wasn't a problem, though it certainly didn't help).

Got bogged... Couldn't move it... I thought I'd try leaving it for a couple of days (this was the weekend), hoping it would dry up enough (remember, this it a patch of ground that a lot of water soaks into). I eventually had to resort to using a combination of winch, reverse, winch, reverse, winch, reverse... in order to get it out of the 20cm craters I'd created.

But yes, because the entire driveway is mostly uphill, you're guaranteed to get stuck at the bottom when the snow is partially melted (lol, trying to get up the first big hill with a run up...). Has happened a couple of times.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i live on a sharp turn surrounded by a ditch, so a lot of people have to get towed out of the yard. the worst one was when a drunk driver never even started the turn and just drove straight into a power line to knock out the power in the whole neighborhood.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whipassmt

yea, pizza delivery man.

The whole time we're pushing the car, all i want to do is eat the damn pizza.

BossPerson

lol. Years ago, a pizza delivery man (I think he was a Domino's delivery man) tried to use the side door of my Grandma's porch, which was built on what was originally her deck and the steps leading up to the door are still wooden deck steps. The guy fell on the stairs because there was ice on them (it was during the winter), he was okay though, but my Grandma was a little worried that he might sue her.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whipassmt

i live on a sharp turn surrounded by a ditch, so a lot of people have to get towed out of the yard. the worst one was when a drunk driver never even started the turn and just drove straight into a power line to knock out the power in the whole neighborhood. LoG-Sacrament
How long was the power out for?

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 whipassmt

Better than that!

I used to live on a property, and I forgot about a certain flat patch of ground that a lot of water runs off and soaks into... and I was driving through there in my old 4WD during a previous winter, with (very temporary) snow covering the whole area (the snow itself wasn't a problem, though it certainly didn't help).

Got bogged... Couldn't move it... I thought I'd try leaving it for a couple of days (this was the weekend), hoping it would dry up enough (remember, this it a patch of ground that a lot of water soaks into). I eventually had to resort to using a combination of winch, reverse, winch, reverse, winch, reverse... in order to get it out of the 20cm craters I'd created.

But yes, because the entire driveway is mostly uphill, you're guaranteed to get stuck at the bottom when the snow is partially melted (lol, trying to get up the first big hill with a run up...). Has happened a couple of times.

Celldrax

:P

lol.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

When I was a freshman in high school and didn't yet have a car I would sometimes have to get picked up from school by my parents because the extracurriculars I participated in made me unable to catch a ride on the bus. Anyway, this one time I was waiting longer than usual... normally I got picked up around 5:00 PM but it was almost an hour later and no one had shown. Finally my grandfather showed up to pick me up. Apparently my mom, who was supposed to be the one to pick me up, had tried backing out of our driveway but had gotten stuck in the snow (my driveway has a bit of a curve to it, but still) and wasn't able to shovel it out, so my dad tried backing around my mom in his car to pick me up and got his car stuck in a snowbank too, so they had to call my grandfather to pick me up. I can't imagine what our neighbor must have been thinking when he pulled both of them out with his truck.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Nope just people.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whipassmt

When I was a freshman in high school and didn't yet have a car I would sometimes have to get picked up from school by my parents because the extracurriculars I participated in made me unable to catch a ride on the bus. Anyway, this one time I was waiting longer than usual... normally I got picked up around 5:00 PM but it was almost an hour later and no one had shown. Finally my grandfather showed up to pick me up. Apparently my mom, who was supposed to be the one to pick me up, had tried backing out of our driveway but had gotten stuck in the snow (my driveway has a bit of a curve to it, but still) and wasn't able to shovel it out, so my dad tried backing around my mom in his car to pick me up and got his car stuck in a snowbank too, so they had to call my grandfather to pick me up. I can't imagine what our neighbor must have been thinking when he pulled both of them out with his truck.

Vari3ty

lol. Thank God for that neighbor, and for your Grandpa otherwise you would've been stuck for a long time, probably past supper time.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Not snow...., but... I was driving my step father's 67 Polara, and at a red light she stalled randomly, and then the starter just magically stop working.

Best day EVER!

*Oh and this was in the main entrance to my university, and a Polara is pretty much the size of a Yukon, and no power steering or bracking so it's not like I could of had someone tow me out because the enterance does this werid turn thingy.

1967+Dodge+Polara+500+Hardtop+Coupe+2+Do

Mink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mink
Member since 2005 • 1794 Posts

[QUOTE="Mink"]Not in the driveway, more like street, we're in a townhouse but few years ago during a big snow storm. Me and my dad went to walk the dog and let her run in the snow but as we came back someone's car got stuck in the middle of the street next to the house. My dog ran straight up to it, and cut right and I had to chase her through damn there 3 feet of snow which was the yard at the side of the house. And i'm a small chick, like 5'1. I hopped about three times, then fell and sunk. All I heard was some guy yelling "I'm sorry!" And my dog had abandoned me, run home waiting at the front door. whipassmt

funny story. Did that occur back in early 2011 and late 2010, because the amount of snow then was pretty crazy where I live.

Yeah, I think it was December 2010.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Not from snow. Once years ago I went down a dirt road after a big rain. After getting stuck in the mud I called my brother to try to tow me out. He got stuck too. I then had to call my dad to pull us both out. Fun times. Fun times.
wiammaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wiammaren
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
The whole time we're pushing the car
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]i live on a sharp turn surrounded by a ditch, so a lot of people have to get towed out of the yard. the worst one was when a drunk driver never even started the turn and just drove straight into a power line to knock out the power in the whole neighborhood. whipassmt

How long was the power out for?

a few hours, but i don't know exactly. it was late at night and after the cops drove the guy off and all the neighbors went home, i just went to bed. the power was back on in the morning.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
yeah. A crude oil tanker. Had to drive through my field to get past it and to work.