Has Anything from Comic-Con Piqued Your Interest?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

There's been a number of things, but for me, it a toss- up between the previews of the new season of Ash vs. Evil Dead, and the announcement that the return of Mystery Science Theater 3000 will be premiering on Netflix.

Below is a video featuring an interview with series creator Joel Hodgson, new host Jonah Ray, and new cast members Baron Vaughn and Hampton Yount, who will be taking over the roles of Tom Servo & Crow T. Robot, respectively.

How about you OT? Anything from Comic-Con you're looking forward to?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58930 Posts

Still need to finish the first season of Ash VS The Evil dead, but from what I had watched, like the first 4-5 episodes, it was pretty neato.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@uninspiredcup: It was a great first season. Can't wait for the Blu-Ray release next month.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Flash, Walking Dead, Justice League.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Gaming-Planet said:

Flash, Walking Dead, Justice League.

For Justice League, the movie or the upcoming cartoon?

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

I guess just the main obvious stuff...Wonder Woman and the Justice League movies. I'm very happy with the MST3K announcement although I knew it was coming as Joel has been talking about having to wait for the SDCC to announce who would carry the series. I'm generally kinda grumpy about SDCC stuff and tend to ignore it since, after attending for a couple of decades, I can't go anymore. I know, it's silly. I'm still waiting for the day that they stop giving the impression that more than a couple percentages of attendees actually cosplay. It's happening gradually.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gaming-Planet

@hallenbeck77: Movie.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Wonder Woman, Flash, Doctor Strange.

I found the Justice League trailer underwhelming, especially after BvS sucked so badly.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

The new Young Justice League series. With Batman's son and i think the chemistry could work, as long they dont ruin it as they did with Teen Titans go.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Lord_Daemon said:

I guess just the main obvious stuff...Wonder Woman and the Justice League movies. I'm very happy with the MST3K announcement although I knew it was coming as Joel has been talking about having to wait for the SDCC to announce who would carry the series. I'm generally kinda grumpy about SDCC stuff and tend to ignore it since, after attending for a couple of decades, I can't go anymore. I know, it's silly. I'm still waiting for the day that they stop giving the impression that more than a couple percentages of attendees actually cosplay. It's happening gradually.

I was just giddy with the news--I was expecting it to come up on cable or even Hulu--honestly wasn't expecting Neflix to be carrying the show. I was apprehensive about this new guy Jonah Ray taking over as host, but after seeing him do some great riffing at Rifftrax Live MST3k reunion last month, I think the show is definitely something to look forward to.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Gaming-Planet: I tried to garner up excitement for Justice League, but after being disappointed with MoS, and still struggling to make it through Batman v Superman without falling asleep twice, I'm ready to simply write off the live-action DC movies altogether.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Lord_Daemon: Speaking of Comic-Con, there's one that's taking place next weekend here in Honolulu. Never really been to one, so I'm looking forward to it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gaming-Planet
@hallenbeck77 said:

@Gaming-Planet: I tried to garner up excitement for Justice League, but after being disappointed with MoS, and still struggling to make it through Batman v Superman without falling asleep twice, I'm ready to simply write off the live-action DC movies altogether.

You're right about the recent DC live-action movies. The writing so far has been rather disappointing and even having one of the most notable actors can't fix that. I just hope they learn from their mistakes.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Gaming-Planet said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

You're right about the recent DC live-action movies. The writing so far has been rather disappointing and even having one of the most notable actors can't fix that. I just hope they learn from their mistakes.

Here's hoping.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#15 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

You hit on both of mine.

Ash vs Evil Dead = Great
Mystery Science Theatre... yes please

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#16 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

The most I've been paying attention to is the negative reception 'Batman: The Killing Joke' got.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

@hallenbeck77: I had my hopes up since the various riffing incarnations of the MST3K group have, at the very least, made their stuff available online for a small fee. But still, there was this small fear that it would turn out like the Johnny Carson shows: "Awesomeness! We are re-broadcasting all the shows in their entirety!" Yays from everyone....until they announce they are putting it on some channel nobody has ever heard of and only those in major cities may get from their provider. Thanks guys.

Have fun at the HI convention! They're a fun way to let loose a lot of your savings and sometimes meet some cool professionals. Tsk! Tsk! though...it's a comic book convention silly, there's only one comic-con and that's the SDCC despite what pretenders would have you believe *cough* New York *cough*. Speaking of fronting, remember when the Wizard World used all their powers to attempt to convince people their con was the biggest? Amusing times.

Hey did I ever tell you about the time TV's Frank got me sick at the SDCC?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44150 Posts

Some things that I liked that were shown was Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, and a season three for Daredevil. I still need to finish watching season two of Daredevil though.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Lord_Daemon: Believe it or not, Honolulu is one of the areas that has Antenna TV, the cable channel that's airing the old Johnny Carson shows. It seems like every commercial that channel is something aimed for the senior set--ads for reverse mortages, class action lawsuit ads for medicines, and cell phones for the senior set that are AARP approved.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58930 Posts

Unsure if this was actually shown at Comic-con, but it looks hilariously campy.

Loading Video...