Happy Lunar New Year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by iowastate (7873 posts) -

To all my fellow Buddhists and to every one else.

Sollal      year of the Snake

it is the time to celebrate the Lunar New Year which is when most of the world does and traditionally has celebrated the New Year.

besides this is the time for those delicious moon cakes.

Are you having a good New Year and tell us about your celebration

#2 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
Happy new year! But I've never had moon cakes for spring festival, only during the mid autumn festival. Also I find them to be too dense and not very tasty. :P But enjoy!
#4 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -
Gong Hey Fat Choy Amigo
#5 Posted by Dogswithguns (10687 posts) -
Happy belated New Year!!!!
#6 Posted by iowastate (7873 posts) -
[QUOTE="dagreenfish"]Happy new year! But I've never had moon cakes for spring festival, only during the mid autumn festival. Also I find them to be too dense and not very tasty. :P But enjoy!

I have mooncakes whenever I can get them, I just looove them
#7 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7271 posts) -

Never heard of eating mooncakes for lunar new year either, but 4 egg yolks + taro mooncake would be good right now :D

Happy Lunar New Year!

#8 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
Happy Lunar New Year everyone! ^___________^
#9 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

Gong Hey Fat Choy Amigo michael_1234576

me no like gong boss of bossess ok boss not in way .

#10 Posted by iowastate (7873 posts) -

Never heard of eating mooncakes for lunar new year either, but 4 egg yolks + taro mooncake would be good right now :D

Happy Lunar New Year!

Bikouchu35
I was helping out in an Asian Food Market for a few years and that was a marketing idea I had and it worked fairly well. moondcakes are popular but pretty much only made or sold for the autumn festival. Since I like them so much I thought we should encourage them more often.