Hannibal tv show talk- spoilers for 3x06

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Yo hey OT so Hannibal has started up again. A show that I love. What are your thoughts so far on these two episodes?

So far I think it's off to a fantastic start and one with a feeling of freshness.

It can a get a tad too overindulgent with its not giving a **** about how it uses imagery and it's shots, but I will forgive it.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I thought the 2nd episode was really pushing it. I appreciate what they're doing but the dialogue and well...everything is just getting silly. And that CGI...oh boy.

Storm-Caller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Storm-Caller
Member since 2015 • 47 Posts

Episode 2 was great! It had this ridiculous wtf moment that tugged at my heartstrings. It's off to a great start. The pacing may seem a bit off when compared to season 1 and 2, but it's definitely refreshing.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

I hope they are done replaying the end of season 2. We already saw it, stop wasting the first 10 minutes of each episode showing us the ending of the last season again!

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dave123321

Yeah the 2nd episode really pushed it in the beginning proprietary to getting back to italy. But felt that once it got back to Italy it really got back on track. The dialouge stuff I don't really mind. Nor the stuff like the body transforming into the thing. The issue is when there are large portions of time where it's just imagery and slow motion stuff.

The stuff with abigail I thought worked well.

Storm-Caller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Storm-Caller
Member since 2015 • 47 Posts

That stuff with Abigail was really sad, to be honest. That was the more emotional part of the episode. You can also see and feel the guilt that Will feels.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dave123321

Been liking this season. I miss Pitt, but am liking the new guy playing Mason. For sure would have wanted pitt back but it works as is well enough. The thing that bothered me about the end of episode 5 was hannibal getting away yet again. That aspect does start to get past the suspension of disbelief. And the fact that Hannibal is able to to do any of what's he's done also starts to get a bit much once the show calls attention to all of it.

Next episode I think will probably lead into the next arc. So that should be exciting. And it seems that masons time will come to an end as that seems to be the logical conclusion. No ep till Saturday here