Gritty Power Ranger Reboot [Video]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

Check it out...

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

After the first 7 seconds and seeing power rangers running with guns in a Call of Duty world, I immediately hit stop and unliked. That video is the exact thing that should not happen in Power Rangers.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Anyone remember Guyver: Dark Hero? That was kinda like a X rated Power Rangers.

Loading Video...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Loved it specially the twist it had.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

It was a fantastic bootleg. If they made a full length version of power rangers like this I would definitely go see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

The hell did I just watch...?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Power Rangers with fucking assault rifles?

If anything DOESN'T need a "gritty reboot", it's fucking Power Rangers. The camp is what makes it great.

If Saban would consider doing something like this and would be thinking even remotely in this direction, I can say right now, I won't be seeing it. If he wants to do some kind of AAA Hollywood blockbuster, Transformers-like film (i.e. "realistic" but not "gritty") with a decent script, some or all of the original actors (of course, we won't see any of Thuy Trang :() and bring back JDF for some Dragonzord action, I'll be first in line.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@foxhound_fox:

What was your thoughts on the 1995 and 1997 movie?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

To me, I feel that Micheal Bay was destined to make a Power Ranger reboot movie and yeah sure Bay does a lot of explosions but the man know hows to make money when it'd due.

@PSP107 said:

@foxhound_fox:

The difference between the 1995 and 1997 is that, the first Power Ranger movie was based on the T.V series which didn't need to follow the exact formula but use the same actors, and take it into a different universe which was separate from the T.V series and it was a financial success. Power Rangers Turbo movie flop because it was a continuation for a the Power Rangers Turbo T.V series which if you didn't see the movie, you were gonna be lost as to who are these villains, it's like they didn't learn from the last movie on why it was great, and it was poor a Power Ranger movie, and Divatox was a poor villain. Turbo movie flop and it's why there hasn't been a Power Ranger Movie like for years and if there going to do a reboot, find someone who can do it right but I like for it to be Micheal Bay.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Not bad for a fan made movie.

I'd see a power ranger movie if it was made a little gritty.

I think that was too gritty though.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@foxhound_fox:

I never saw the 1997 movie, just the MMPR one. It's been... oh, pretty much almost 20 years since I saw it now (I went to the theatre to see it IIRC). Couldn't give you a thought about it. I did rewatch most of the MMPR series a couple years ago though. It was cheesy as hell, but a nostalgia trip like none other. And surprisingly, still relatively good despite it's age and camp-factor.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I've been seeing this in my feeds, I will definitely check it out after I watch my shows later. Only seen stills, hopefully it'll be decent. Man I haven't watch Power Rangers since the original members I think.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PSP107

@foxhound_fox:

Yeah I never seen Turbo either. I didn't watch the TV series either. MMPR is the only good one.

@davillain-: What's funny is that the series has been evolving since those movies.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@davillain- said:

To me, I feel that Micheal Bay was destined to make a Power Ranger reboot movie and yeah sure Bay does a lot of explosions but the man know hows to make money when it'd due.

@PSP107 said:

@foxhound_fox:

The difference between the 1995 and 1997 is that, the first Power Ranger movie was based on the T.V series which didn't need to follow the exact formula but use the same actors, and take it into a different universe which was separate from the T.V series and it was a financial success. Power Rangers Turbo movie flop because it was a continuation for a the Power Rangers Turbo T.V series which if you didn't see the movie, you were gonna be lost as to who are these villains, it's like they didn't learn from the last movie on why it was great, and it was poor a Power Ranger movie, and Divatox was a poor villain. Turbo movie flop and it's why there hasn't been a Power Ranger Movie like for years and if there going to do a reboot, find someone who can do it right but I like for it to be Micheal Bay.

You're implying that the MMPR movie was great? I watched the movie again 7 years ago thinking about how I thought it was so great as a kid. I was bored out of my mind after the first 20 minutes.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I think Michael Bay will destroy another childhood programme of mine

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Pretty cool for a fan made film. The ending was a bit over the top but a cool concept overall. Some people are upset that it changed the tone of what Power Rangers was, which is true. Problem is, the tone of the Power Rangers tv show was shit. It was a brain dead, terribly made, kids show with a ridiculous story. If and when they make a full feature film, I sure as hell hope they stay away from the tone of the original, because I'm 24 now, not 5, and no kids today give a shit about Power Rangers, so no one would watch it but the most hard core of Power Rangers fans (and who is really that much of a fan except for nostalgia?).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#17 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@redstorm72: I think the problem is that they seem to have picked up a fairly lackluster script and thought "what can I use to get people's attention? I know, Power Rangers!". It feels really forced. It's like me saying "I'm making this really great movie about an alien who comes to Earth disguised as a human and slowly infects most of the population...by the time this is discovered it might be too late. She is cunning, she is deadly, she is...MARY POPPINS!" I mean, wtf? =P

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PSP107

@-paranorman-:"You're implying that the MMPR movie was great? I watched the movie again 7 years ago thinking about how I thought it was so great as a kid. I was bored out of my mind after the first 20 minutes."

Your 1st reaction should be your last.