Gotta wear a suit more often!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Today I had an interview, so I weared a suit, a nice smart suit, as I was walking home from it a girl who was passing by me started chatting me up, then gived me her number.:cool: If all I have to do is wear a fancy suit to get a girls number, then I should wear one more offten, go to pubs n clubs with one. 

Have you gotton a girls number by wearing a suit?

#2 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
How can a suit be smart? ;o Do you install apps on it? =P
#3 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

My suit is augmented.

#4 Posted by johnd13 (7889 posts) -

I' ve never wore a suit in my life. I' d like one like those in Men In Black-they' re awesome!

#5 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

i hate wearing suits.

#6 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
Wear a suit at beach!
#7 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

In general being more formal in your dressing is more attractive to many women-folk.

#8 Posted by pspdseagle (3307 posts) -

In general being more formal in your dressing is more attractive to many women-folk.

shellcase86

They think you have the $_$.

#9 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

In the 21st century, there aren't many situations where I wear a full suit anymore.

#10 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42578 posts) -
Pretty alpha. Not a fan of suits, more casual and blue-collar type of guy. (It also helps me blend in here in South Dakota)
#11 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -
I would say I look best in a suit
#12 Posted by Zaibach (13430 posts) -

I used to have to wear everyday, trust me, the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

But yes, people treat you differently when you suit up

#13 Posted by JohnF111 (14046 posts) -
Dude you need a hat, when I wore my suit and hat I got soooo much attention from the ladies I almost couldn't stop laughing. Also at the time I had a really cool goatee which probably made me look like a prat but the girls liked it.
#14 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Dude you need a hat, when I wore my suit and hat I got soooo much attention from the ladies I almost couldn't stop laughing. Also at the time I had a really cool goatee which probably made me look like a prat but the girls liked it. JohnF111

I should go full on, with a gentleman's hat and a smart walking stick!  Girls would be all over me then! :cool:

#15 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

I should go full on, with a gentleman's hat and a smart walking stick! Girls would be all over me then!:cool:

ultimate-k

reminds me of the early 1900s or the 1800s

#16 Posted by General_X (9026 posts) -
I agree that we look better and (probably) act more confident in suits. However I would not want to deal with putting one on every day or the maintenance required to keep it clean and nice looking for years.
#17 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -
as I could recall,a suit is very expensive,even back then I can spend about $250 on a piece of suit
#18 Posted by Pittfan666 (8532 posts) -
Had to wear a suit to work at Macy's for seasonal employment. It sure drove the high schoolers wild. What color and did you have stripes?
#19 Posted by airshocker (28732 posts) -

I wore a suit to my Marshals service interview. It really is crazy how women look at you differently when you wear a nice suit.

#20 Posted by dave123321 (33579 posts) -
I shudder at what the kids wear these days
#21 Posted by airshocker (28732 posts) -

I shudder at what the kids wear these daysdave123321

Clothes with sewn on pony characters, most likely.

#22 Posted by dave123321 (33579 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"]I shudder at what the kids wear these daysairshocker

Clothes with sewn on pony characters, most likely.

Fuck off, air.
#23 Posted by airshocker (28732 posts) -

**** off, air.dave123321

Bahahaha.

#24 Posted by dave123321 (33579 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"]**** off, air.airshocker

Bahahaha.

typical :roll:
#25 Posted by airshocker (28732 posts) -

typical :roll:dave123321

You know I'm just playing with you, broski.

#26 Posted by comp_atkins (31185 posts) -
lol... stupid woman.. falling for a suit.
#27 Posted by dave123321 (33579 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"]typical :roll:airshocker

You know I'm just playing with you, broski.

mhmm
#28 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

lol... stupid woman.. falling for a suit. comp_atkins

and my handsome good looks:cool:

#29 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -
I've been telling people this for years. Wear a nice suit, or even just a jacket and you'll be swimming in it. Particularly if you do something original like and unusual tie or jaunty hat/
#30 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -

I hate wearing suits. They look good on other people, and people tell me that I look good in a suit, but suits are so masculine for me that I feel like I'm cross-dressing when I'm pressured to wear them for weddings, formal gatherings, etc.

#31 Posted by BossPerson (9432 posts) -

depends on the setting really. The only time I can see that it'd be fine to wear a full suit is if its required for a job, or you're going to a really nice place. Otherwise it just looks strange. Being overdressed is almost as bad as being underdressed. 

#32 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -

depends on the setting really. The only time I can see that it'd be fine to wear a full suit is if its required for a job, or you're going to a really nice place. Otherwise it just looks strange. Being overdressed is almost as bad as being underdressed. 

BossPerson
If you feel comfortable in your own skin there's no such thing as being over or underdressed.
#33 Posted by BossPerson (9432 posts) -
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Rhazakna
If you feel comfortable in your own skin there's no such thing as being over or underdressed.

i dont think its far off to think most people will think your either a lunatic or just plain weird by wearing a suit to an undergrad class Sure you can feel good about yourself, but what about everyone else? Its not exactly shallow to consider what others will think about you.
#34 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]

BossPerson

i dont think its far off to think most people will think your either a lunatic or just plain weird by wearing a suit to an undergrad class Sure you can feel good about yourself, but what about everyone else? Its not exactly shallow to consider what others will think about you.

On the contrary, if you're comfortable you'll stand out and be unique. It works wonders on women. I get random compliments from chicks all the time, and if you're in the zone you can get a lot of numbers that way. If you're self conscious, nothing you wear will look good. Anyone thinking you're weird is a reflection on the energy you're emanating, not what you're wearing in itself. Also, if someone wearing suit is the weirdest person in your undergrad class, your classmates are pretty boring.
#35 Posted by BossPerson (9432 posts) -
, your classmates are pretty boring. Rhazakna
yep