Got into a really bad arguement with my brother tonight

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PrototypeTheKid
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PrototypeTheKid
Member since 2012 • 441 Posts

Firstly, he's your typical "I-went-to-college-so-I'm-better-than you-doucher" and he thinks because he has a "secure career" that he feels he knows better than I, which is obvious bs.

We argued mainly over the fact about why I choose to stay home and help with my father instead of as he put it "move on", he wasn't trying to listen to me or see it my way at all.

His main bullet points. His in bold, my rebuttals in italics

• Dad isn't so sick/old that he needs constant care or supervision
  • I'm being content with this situation because I'm afraid (cannot tell you how close I was to screaming at him for this one) to venture out on life.

My rebuttall

• Dad is 67 years old, he's frail and he's worked 40+ years and he needs as much TLC as he can, I respect all that my father has done for me, so unlike him, i'm returning the favor.
  • False, I'm not afraid of "life", I expierence it everyday, I had a relationship, I have my father that I tend to, and I have the internet, when I do go out, it's usually for a walk around the neighborhood or grocery shopping.

From then on, it simply got really, really, awkward, his girlfriend was there (typical giggly bimbo) and she's what caused the arguement, she had the nerve to make a comment about how I need to stop wasting away my life and need to embody it or whatever, and that's when I Screeched at her and called her a b!tch , so typical beta male brother of mine, instead of taking up for FAMILY he takes the side of his smug, hipster esque girlfriend. Long story short, it ended poorly, I realized just how much I despise him as an individual, he's a spoiled, hoiler than thou brat that needs validation in his life, so he relies on his education (he actually wants to be a high school counselor/threapist.....hold your laughter) or his snarky bitch.

My main problem is, where does are relationship go from here? It weakens each and every time we seem to talk, because we always result to personal attacks, and rarely, it can get violent. My father says I should listen to what he has to say, but what for? He's a 23 year old, inexpierenced d-bag, what could I possibly learn from him?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

do you have a job?

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts
You should bang his girlfriend and rough him up a bit.
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PrototypeTheKid

do you have a job?

Storm_Marine
I take care of my father and keep his house as clean as possible.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PrototypeTheKid
You should bang his girlfriend and rough him up a bit.heeweesRus
I would, but I'm inexperienced with that concept. And last time, I got "rough" with my brother, I ended up in jail...
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Firstly, he's your typical "I-went-to-college-so-I'm-better-than you-doucher" and he thinks because he has a "secure career" that he feels he knows better than I, which is obvious bs.

We argued mainly over the fact about why I choose to stay home and help with my father instead of as he put it "move on", he wasn't trying to listen to me or see it my way at all.

• I'm being content with this situation because I'm afraid (cannot tell you how close I was to screaming at him for this one) to venture out on life.

My rebuttall

• Dad is 67 years old, he's frail and he's worked 40+ years and he needs as much TLC as he can, I respect all that my father has done for me, so unlike him, i'm returning the favor.
  • False, I'm not afraid of "life", I expierence it everyday, I had a relationship, I have my father that I tend to, and I have the internet, when I do go out, it's usually for a walk around the neighborhood or grocery shopping.

From then on, it simply got really, really, awkward, his girlfriend was there (typical giggly bimbo) and she's what caused the arguement, she had the nerve to make a comment about how I need to stop wasting away my life and need to embody it or whatever, and that's when I Screeched at her and called her a b!tch , so typical beta male brother of mine, instead of taking up for FAMILY he takes the side of his smug, hipster esque girlfriend. Long story short, it ended poorly, I realized just how much I despise him as an individual, he's a spoiled, hoiler than thou brat that needs validation in his life, so he relies on his education (he actually wants to be a high school counselor/threapist.....hold your laughter) or his snarky bitch.

My main problem is, where does are relationship go from here? It weakens each and every time we seem to talk, because we always result to personal attacks, and rarely, it can get violent. My father says I should listen to what he has to say, but what for? He's a 23 year old, inexpierenced d-bag, what could I possibly learn from him?

PrototypeTheKid
I'm 39 years old.... and Son ...... stop surfing internet and being fat under ur basement and get a job.... jop jop
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts
[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]You should bang his girlfriend and rough him up a bit.PrototypeTheKid
I would, but I'm inexperienced with that concept. And last time, I got "rough" with my brother, I ended up in jail...

You just need a concealed firearm.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
[QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"]

My rebuttall

hippiesanta
I'm 39 years old.... and Son ...... stop surfing internet and being fat under ur basement and get a job.... jop jop

@hippiesanta Methinks thou doth protest too much.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

lol PrototypeTheKid thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

do you have a job?

PrototypeTheKid

Not to judge because obviously i don't know enough about you or your father. But from some perspectives you might be seen as leaching off of your father under the guise of 'taking care of him'.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sammyjenkis898
Also, from the gist of that, it seems like that you just want to mooch off of your father and browse the web.
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Doesn't seem like your father needs 24/7 care and supervision..... Plenty of time for a part-time job or classes.
Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
nothing wrong with wanting to help your dad. but you gotta make sure you still have a life of your own
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

How does your dad feel? Does he want your help? What do you want out of life? Not just taking care of your old man I hope. What's your five year plan?

PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PrototypeTheKid

[QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

do you have a job?

Storm_Marine

Not to judge because obviously i don't know enough about you or your father. But from some perspectives you might be seen as leaching off of your father under the guise of 'taking care of him'.

But I'm not leeching off of him at all, when he needs his ride to the doctor I take him, I get his groceries etc. by no means am I lounging around being an idiot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-598fc45371265

How does your dad feel? Does he want your help? What do you want out of life? Not just taking care of your old man I hope. What's your five year plan?

Yusuke420

if his dad was a decent dad I think he'd want his son to have his own life.

PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PrototypeTheKid
Also, from the gist of that, it seems like that you just want to mooch off of your father and browse the web.sammyjenkis898
I'm gonna say this one time. That. Is. Not. The. Case.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"] I take care of my father and keep his house as clean as possible.PrototypeTheKid

But I'm not leeching off of him at all, when he needs his ride to the doctor I take him, I get his groceries etc. by no means am I lounging around being an idiot.

You can't do that AND have your own life?

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Also, from the gist of that, it seems like that you just want to mooch off of your father and browse the web.PrototypeTheKid
I'm gonna say this one time. That. Is. Not. The. Case.

Nice blog.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hippiesanta
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"]

My rebuttall

lo_Pine

it's for the good of humanity ... fyi
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PrototypeTheKid

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Storm_Marine

@Yusuke420 He's fine with it and he's glad I'm there for him, his wife left him 10 years ago, I'm all he's got now. I'm indifferent as to what I "want" as suppose to what I "need". @Storm_Marine Ok, just stay out of my thread for now, ok?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

PrototypeTheKid

@Storm_Marine Ok, just stay out of my thread for now, ok?

The hell did you make the thread for then? Positive affirmations of your life to make you feel better?

PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PrototypeTheKid

[QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Storm_Marine

@Storm_Marine Ok, just stay out of my thread for now, ok?

The hell did you make the thread for then? Positive affirmations of your life to make you feel better?

Not at all But I did in fact state how I felt overall about the situation reguarding me and my father. I'm not going to repeat myself, now back to the subject of my dwindling relationship with my brother so we can stay on topic, please?
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Do you earn any money? Is it your car or your fathers car that you use to buy groceries (of which I'm sure you consume some)? Also what about that five year plan? Where do you see yourself in five years and what ae you doing to achieve those goals?

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
Unless you're wiping his ass, having to give him baths yourself, and controlling a strict regiment of medicine along with precise food/liquid consumption then you are not anywhere NEAR the "taking care of him" that you cannot have a job. Not anywhere near. Hell. You may just be a bad person in general.

A good son will pay back the good parent by giving them their time while doing their utmost to not drain any of the good parent's remaining resources. That isn't you.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Sounds to me like their life lacks substance so they criticize another's.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

@Storm_Marine Ok, just stay out of my thread for now, ok? PrototypeTheKid

:lol: U Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-598fc45371265

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"]  @Storm_Marine Ok, just stay out of my thread for now, ok? PrototypeTheKid

Not at all But I did in fact state how I felt overall about the situation reguarding me and my father. I'm not going to repeat myself, now back to the subject of my dwindling relationship with my brother so we can stay on topic, please?

Your own life and where it's headed is far more important  than your relationship with your brother and his gf.

PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PrototypeTheKid

Unless you're wiping his ass, having to give him baths yourself, and controlling a strict regiment of medicine along with precise food/liquid consumption then you are not anywhere NEAR the "taking care of him" that you cannot have a job. Not anywhere near. Hell. You may just be a bad person in general.

A good son will pay back the good parent by giving them their time while doing their utmost to not drain any of the good parent's remaining resources. That isn't you.CreasianDevaili

Pretty much, that's what I'm doing for him. But I guess that makes me a bad person, huh?

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
He gets girls, you're a shut in and he's the beta?
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PrototypeTheKid
He gets girls, you're a shut in and he's the beta?Rhazakna
I just got out of a year long relationship last year. and I wouldn't even say beta....he's just the typical...male today...weirdo hipster douche wear and just smug sense of importance about himself.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"] I would love to. Unfortunately when I am under the great influence of pot. I become an a**hole.

Really? I thought that was alcohol.

No...weed slows down my brain function and I literally become "higher". So I start to look down on things. Last time I got high I offended my love interest.

Opposite for me.. Alcohol on the hand.. Can make me become a total ass.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="hippiesanta"] I'm 39 years old.... and Son ...... stop surfing internet and being fat under ur basement and get a job.... jop jop

Nice. What's your day job?
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

I don't think your brother went about approaching you the right way especially with his GF being there. But maybe you do need to start doing things for yourself with whatever spare time you have. I'm sure your dad wouldn't mind if you started working towards a degree or took a job to get some experience. What will happen to you when your dad passes away ? Don't you ever want a place of your own and maybe a woman or family or just be able to travel? Try and think of the future a bit. Sounds like you weren't completely mad at your brother but maybe a little mad at yourself as well. Once you get a job or get a social life everything will start to make more sense for you and your family will be proud of you.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hippiesanta
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] @hippiesanta Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Nice. What's your day job?

janitor
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PrototypeTheKid

I don't think your brother went about approaching you the right way especially with his GF being there. But maybe you do need to start doing things for yourself with whatever spare time you have. I'm sure your dad wouldn't mind if you started working towards a degree or took a job to get some experience. What will happen to you when your dad passes away ? Don't you ever want a place of your own and maybe a woman or family or just be able to travel? Try and think of the future a bit. Sounds like you weren't completely mad at your brother but maybe a little mad at yourself as well. Once you get a job or get a social life everything will start to make more sense for you and your family will be proud of you.

nooblet69
When my father dies I'll pretty much own the house...granted that may come off as kind of morbid, it's not my true intention to take care of him, I do it because I actually care for him. Without me he has no one. My mom/his wife left him, doesn't call or bother asking how he's doing. His son barely can be bothered to see him when he get's the chance to. He has no one. No one but me. Also, again, I had a girlfriend last year, she lived here with us, and like all couples, we break up and move on. I'm capable, beleive it or not able to get a women. But I thank you for the constructive words.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Tell me how much your brother makes a year and his career and then I'll hand down my judgment on this situation.

So far it sounds like your brother is jealous of you being a good person by taking care of your father. 

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts
[QUOTE="nooblet69"]

PrototypeTheKid
When my father dies I'll pretty much own the house...granted that may come off as kind of morbid, it's not my true intention to take care of him, I do it because I actually care for him. Without me he has no one. My mom/his wife left him, doesn't call or bother asking how he's doing. His son barely can be bothered to see him when he get's the chance to. He has no one. No one but me. Also, again, I had a girlfriend last year, she lived here with us, and like all couples, we break up and move on. I'm capable, beleive it or not able to get a women. But I thank you for the constructive words.

Well, it does sound like what you're doing is good for you and your dad. I'm sure it would look good on a resume to say you were a full time caretaker.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

[QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"][QUOTE="nooblet69"]

nooblet69

Well, it does sound like what you're doing is good for you and your dad. I'm sure it would look good on a resume to say you were a full time caretaker.

Actually, if he went into home healthcare it would.

PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PrototypeTheKid

Tell me how much your brother makes a year and his career and then I'll hand down my judgment on this situation.

So far it sounds like your brother is jealous of you being a good person by taking care of your father. 

junglist101
He wants to be a therapist, though now he works at a Bike shop to pay the "bills". :eyeroll:
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
Your brother sounds cool. I'd have a drink with him.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Reaction GIF: laugh, Charlton Heston, Planet of the Apes.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

My rebuttall

PrototypeTheKid

Haha, where the hell are you from?  This reads like some shitty high school drama show.

For the record, dump the old man and get on with your life.  My grandpa is 80 years old and takes care of himself.  At 67, your father should be caring for himself.  Why isn't he working?