Got extra food at McDonalds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by WickedChainy (285 posts) -

I'm not sure if I should feel bad about this or not care, but I ordered a McDouble, Buffalo Ranch Hot'N'Spicy, and a Fry at McDonalds in the drive through. After paying at the first window the guy at the second window asked what I ordered and and I told him the 3 things and he said correct and gave me the bag (I assume to make sure what he had in the bag was right). When I got home I noticed the bag had my McDouble, Buffalo Ranch Hot'N'Spicy, and Fry, but also had a 10 Piece Chicken Nuggets, Large Fry, a Cheese burger with nothing but cheese, and a Double Cheese Burger. I feel kinda bad because I feel like I stole it, but I confirmed my order with the guy at the second window and he still gave me all this extra food.

#2 Posted by Master_Live (13614 posts) -

#3 Posted by seahorse123 (1012 posts) -

I don't like McDonalds,

#4 Posted by Korvus (2363 posts) -

@WickedChainy: So you're the bastard who ran away with my food...

#5 Edited by WickedChainy (285 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

@WickedChainy: So you're the bastard who ran away with my food...

I'll never do it again. I ate way to much food and now I feel like I'm dying :'(

#6 Posted by Korvus (2363 posts) -

@WickedChainy: Aww, feel better soon. Anyway, they mess up orders at McDonald's all the time so don't worry about it =)

#7 Posted by SimplyFatal (995 posts) -

#8 Posted by XilePrincess (13096 posts) -

I have to think it must be intentional, because you told him 3 things and you got seven in the bag. Either he's totally incompetent or he was trying to get rid of some excess stuff from a cancelled order or something.

Either way, don't feel bad. Not your fault.

#9 Edited by lamprey263 (22426 posts) -

Good for you, their food is overpriced, and half the time I go they can't even give me fresh fries.

There's no good reason they can't have fresh fries, they usually have a handful of people dealing with fries, the drive through person, one or two counter people, a manager, and someone who just seems to work on the fries.

Shit when I worked Jack In The Box I had to juggle window, drive thru orders, counter, fry cook, and make sandwiches, had to juggle it all, but I could still get the customers fresh fries. They're the quickest thing to cook, but my experience tells me they cook an abundance of fries before hand and serve them out over time. Fresh fries are hot and crispy and that's the way they should come. Fries that sit under the lamp for 10-20 minutes are those barely warm flaccid fries they usually serve out, and given that McDonald's usually has half a dozen people on fry detail (which is more staff than I ever had to work with in the entire restaurant), there's no excuse for flaccid fries.

You shouldn't feel guilty for taking that food... on the other hand, you might have a tummy ache that might bring on other feelings of regret.

#10 Edited by ssvegeta555 (2260 posts) -

At least they messed up your order in a good way. :P

#11 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20796 posts) -

You might not feel bad but your butt is going to being feeling something later.

#12 Posted by Shmiity (4964 posts) -

Don't sweat it. As long as the money works out, (you pay what he charged you) everything is fine. No fast food place would check at the end of the night how much food went out, and how much money came in.

#13 Posted by destinhpark (4700 posts) -

Mickey-D's isn't a huge favorite of mine either, but that's kind of awesome. Good job.

#14 Posted by indzman (16403 posts) -
#15 Posted by indzman (16403 posts) -

ROFL

#16 Posted by WickedChainy (285 posts) -

@indzman said:

@Wilfred_Owen said:

ROFL

He was right. I'm not sure if it was all the McDonalds or all the Cheap whiskey, but today has been interesting so far.

#17 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Well its full of shit anyhow, so hes just giving you more shit for you to eat.

#18 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

@lamprey263: I lol'd at "flaccid fries"

As for the TC, you didn't do anything wrong, except maybe eating at McDonald's

#19 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149475 posts) -

I'm not sure if I should feel bad about this or not care, but I ordered a McDouble, Buffalo Ranch Hot'N'Spicy, and a Fry at McDonalds in the drive through. After paying at the first window the guy at the second window asked what I ordered and and I told him the 3 things and he said correct and gave me the bag (I assume to make sure what he had in the bag was right). When I got home I noticed the bag had my McDouble, Buffalo Ranch Hot'N'Spicy, and Fry, but also had a 10 Piece Chicken Nuggets, Large Fry, a Cheese burger with nothing but cheese, and a Double Cheese Burger. I feel kinda bad because I feel like I stole it, but I confirmed my order with the guy at the second window and he still gave me all this extra food.

Doesn't matter. Once they gave it to you they can't give it to anyone else....they'd have to throw it out....so it would be a waste....not that they serve actual food....but it would a waste of it anyway. Enjoy!

#20 Edited by dave123321 (33339 posts) -

This is one of those things where by the time you found out about the thing there was not much to do about it because it couldn't have been repurposed by the restaurant so the food was freed from the confines of being salable so you simply just won but not your fault

#21 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20730 posts) -

I had a friend that worked the drive thru at night (At Mcdonalds)

Everytime we went thru the drive thru when he was working, he would just load a mcdonalds bag with at least 10 burgers (Bigmacs, QP, cheeseburgers etc..) along with tons of fries, chicken nuggets, and drinks.

I think he quit or was fired shortly after though lol, great while it lasted though.