Got banned from a forum that don't give second chances...Got some questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SolidSnake2011- (524 posts) -

I got banned from a message board on a different site which I didn't deserve the ban but that's not the problem. They don't even give second chances which is f***ing BS. Once you're banned, you're banned forever and you can't ever be caught with a new account. If they found out that new account would be banned too. Just curious does sites/forums only use IP address to track users or do they also use something else? Does 3G/4G have ip addresses? If so how do we change those? I can't change my internet's ip address so I gotta use my iphone to resister a new account.

#2 Posted by Jebus213 (8717 posts) -

Clear your cookies and cache.

Use Tor, VPN's, Proxies, etc..

#3 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2187 posts) -

Jebus213
Tor browser is definitely great for getting some special products lol
#4 Posted by Jebus213 (8717 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

The_Lipscomb

It's better to do those things in real life.

#5 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2187 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Jebus213

It's better to do those things in real life.

I thought that for a while.. and realized I was wrong.
#6 Posted by govermentcheese (740 posts) -

Dont break the rules of the forum and you wont have to worry about things of this nature.Read the terms and conditions of the forum. Try to get along.Dont not swear it shows imaturity. Trying to help out .. Take care and be a little more patient.

#7 Posted by govermentcheese (740 posts) -
#8 Posted by SolidSnake2011- (524 posts) -

Dont break the rules of the forum and you wont have to worry about things of this nature.Read the terms and conditions of the forum. Try to get along.Dont not swear it shows imaturity. Trying to help out .. Take care and be a little more patient.

govermentcheese
Well I don't even have a chance to do those things now. I haven't been able to do that in 9 months which was when I got banned. Now I miss posting there a lot.
#9 Posted by govermentcheese (740 posts) -
#10 Posted by the_plan_man (1548 posts) -
You were banned THERE or here? :P
#11 Posted by thegerg (14655 posts) -
Why do you want so badly to be a member of a forum that clearly doesn't want you?
#12 Posted by SolidSnake2011- (524 posts) -
You were banned THERE or here? :Pthe_plan_man
Obviously at a different site. It's the best basketball site on the internet.
Why do you want so badly to be a member of a forum that clearly doesn't want you?thegerg
It's not just me, all users banned can never come back and they ban people for stupid, small s*** that would just recieve a warning on gamespot or 3 karma loss on gamefaqs.
#13 Posted by thegerg (14655 posts) -
[QUOTE="SolidSnake2011-"]
Why do you want so badly to be a member of a forum that clearly doesn't want you?thegerg
It's not just me, all users banned can never come back and they ban people for stupid, small s*** that would just recieve a warning on gamespot or 3 karma loss on gamefaqs.

That doesn't answer my question. Please try again.
#14 Posted by SolidSnake2011- (524 posts) -
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="SolidSnake2011-"]

That doesn't answer my question. Please try again.

I answered it in my other response to the other quote. It's cause it's the best basketball site on the internet. It's called RealGM. I wanna get involved in discussions and a lot of things are happening in the off season.
#15 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10070 posts) -

gamespot had the same policy on bannings too but people still managed to bandodge. as some folks already mentioned there are lots of ways to browse the web with your real IP hidden, use them if that specific forum is something special to you.

#16 Posted by Laihendi (5800 posts) -

Jebus213
This is true, though one must consider if it is really worth posting on a forum where you will be banned as soon as someone finds out who you are. Also a lot of times you can reset your IP address by turning off your router and turning it back on later (or at least this has worked for me in the past).
#17 Posted by meatgrinderz (1327 posts) -

You can try a browser extension like Stealthy. Pretty easy and it's worked for me. I use it with Chrome.

#18 Posted by I-AM-N00B (410 posts) -
I don't know what happened but you must have done something very serious to be banned! I would suggest staying away from the site because if you go back then they know who you are!!
#19 Posted by meatgrinderz (1327 posts) -

I don't know what happened but you must have done something very serious to be banned! I would suggest staying away from the site because if you go back then they know who you are!!I-AM-N00B

Not if you are using a proxy they wont! and you don't have to do something serious to get banned - one forum I was banned at because I criticized a mod for banning people for silly reasons lol (srs) some mods go on serious ego trips and manage to nearly ruin an otherwise good online community

#20 Posted by I-AM-N00B (410 posts) -

[QUOTE="I-AM-N00B"]I don't know what happened but you must have done something very serious to be banned! I would suggest staying away from the site because if you go back then they know who you are!!meatgrinderz

Not if you are using a proxy they wont! and you don't have to do something serious to get banned - one forum I was banned at because I criticized a mod for banning people for silly reasons lol (srs) some mods go on serious ego trips and manage to nearly ruin an otherwise good online community

Ah I see well I am rather new to internet forums so I suppose I will have to tread carefully from now on when I'm on this and other sites!
#21 Posted by junglist101 (5457 posts) -

At most they would IP ban you which is stupid if they do.  Either way you'd find out pretty quickly if they IP banned you by trying to sign up again (duh).  If they did google how to change my ip address.  Sometime if you just reset your router it will issue a new address or you can change it manually.

If your well known in that forum you may want to change your posting style...