Got a new iPod... help... thread... there have been many...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

Okay, today I got a new iPod (Video), and I already have a iPod Mini. Is it possible to have a listĀ for iTunes for two iPods if you understand? or would I just need to get rid of my Mini?.

tantalus4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tantalus4
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
yes, its possible. itunes will recongnize what device is conected, even at the same time
AeroTow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 AeroTow
Member since 2006 • 178 Posts
Yes, i connect two ipods to itunes too and it recognises them both and you can sync your library to both. I think itunes supports up to 8 connected ipods at a time.
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts
Welcome to the cool club....Okay well you already had an iPod but now you have an even cooler iPod.... iPod's friggin' rock!! I don't understand exactly what your saying...You want to put different things on each? If that is the case I would turn off the auto sync (or do that anyway...I prefer to do things manually myself. I don't even get direct deposit paychecks, I like to deposit them...) Everything is pretty straight forward. Go download iDump and enjoy... (iDump allows you to move files off of your iPod that iTunes put there....So when you put music on it you can transfer it to another computer....) I'm sure you'll probably have questions like how to put full lengthed movies on it, and I'll tell you it's a pain....Mess around with DVD Decryptor or DVD Shrink and Super (file converter) and you can do it but it really does take patience and trial an error to get it to look alright. Try to only use like 95% compression in DVD Shrink....For some reason I can't get movies to rip to 100%, I don't think I have enough ram...But 90% or so works and they look fine on the iPod (after converting to the iPod format with Super....Make sure you get the right size or it wont look right on the iPod...)
Media_geek20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Media_geek20
Member since 2006 • 6491 Posts
Well, you don't need two iTunes...you just need one, and both of them can hook into it.