Google won't stop trying to force down Google + on us >_>

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Dunno if this is the right section, for many Let's Players will also be affected by this, but partially I think the discussion is better suited for Off Topic (if any mods thinks it belongs to PGD though, feel free to move it)

The reason why I'm writing this: I'm a medium active YouTube user and so far liked it there, I chewed down that you needed to create a freaking stupid G+ Account for it, and ever since my activities there have become way less frequent, but I still enjoyed watching videos and commenting on them.

But what they are trying to do now, what I saw when I logged in to my Mailbox on YouTube was just beyond sanity:

If it's to small or too bad quality: In the little orange field it says most comment notifications now will go to Google + instead of the YouTube inbox.

Seriously, how despaired can a failed wannabe social network get?

#2 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

They're not really forcing anything.

#3 Posted by lightleggy (16041 posts) -

I cant even reply to comments anymore.

#4 Posted by GazaAli (22966 posts) -

Google with Google + is becoming like Microsoft with IE.

#5 Edited by deeliman (2440 posts) -

Honestly, what do you expect them to do? They've already invested too much money in it to just let it die.

#6 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

it sucks, most of my time on youtube is spent in the depth of finance vids, the chatter is not worth getting a google+ account. so i wont be posting on youtube any more. but this is also good because i wont drunken troll political stuff any more with math. not that anyone on youtube outside of the few unpopular sectors was open to any sort of debate. good job youtube, you just made me more profitable by nixing a time burglar

#7 Posted by Master_Live (14791 posts) -

Motherfvckers.

#8 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

Have you tried using a Google+ Page name instead, so you do not have to post using your real name from Google+ itself? I think you can create a Google+ Page as a YouTube Channel without setting up Google+ itself; I think I have done it before. Anyways, if you decide to use a Google+ Page as a YouTube Channel, then YouTube may stop asking you to use Google+ with your real name. The Google+ Page name can be anything you want, even your username.

#9 Edited by Mr-GameCast (190 posts) -

antitrust this bullshit

#10 Edited by HavocV3 (7947 posts) -
@GazaAli said:

Hardly.

-->Use IE after clean install/new computer.

-->Download Firefox

-->"Firefox is not currently set as your default browser. Would you like to make it your default browser?" Click yes.

-->Never hear from IE again. One and done.

Google+ constantly bombards you with their crap whenever I use Youtube. And it's never going to go away.

#11 Edited by xdude85 (4428 posts) -

What is Google+ anyway? YouTube forced me to make one.

#12 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6806 posts) -

Google is just upset that nobody likes it so they just try to shove it down everybody's throat.

Jeez.

#13 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

@xdude85 said:

What is Google+ anyway? YouTube forced me to make one.

Haha. No it didn't.

#14 Posted by m25105 (3135 posts) -

I deleted my google and youtube account and made a fake one. Now I'm Bob Stevenson!

#15 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8138 posts) -

What's Google+? Never heard of it.

#16 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

Is commenting on YouTube really a big deal? I mean I have on occasion, but I can't say I'd be upset about not commenting on it anymore considering how most of the users have the IQ of a dung beetle.

#17 Posted by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

@thegerg said:

you cant do anything on google without a google+ account, so yes...they are.

#18 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

No, they aren't. It's your decision.

#19 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

C'mon

Don't argue with semanticsguy

#20 Edited by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

I could no longer post comments on youtube or use my YT account where I upload videos without making it into a G+ account. Do not lie.

edit: oh and my gmail account is now a G+ account too.

#21 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

I could no longer post comments on youtube or use my YT account where I upload videos without making it into a G+ account. Do not lie.

"I could no longer post comments on youtube or use my YT account where I upload videos without making it into a G+ account."

OK. At what point were you forced to make a Google+ account?

#22 Edited by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

"I could no longer post comments on youtube or use my YT account where I upload videos without making it into a G+ account."

when I logged in and I was not given an option otherwise. Do you like living under a rock and stating false information until someone corrects you?

#23 Edited by thegerg (15423 posts) -
@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

when I logged in and I was not given an option otherwise. Do you like living under a rock and stating false information until someone corrects you?

What force was used? It sounds to me like you have the option of having a Google+ account or not having one. You've decided to have one so that you can post on Youtube.

#24 Posted by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

@thegerg said:
@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

What force was used? It sounds to me like you have the option of having a Google+ account or not having one. You've decided to have one so that you can post on Youtube.

You're really thick, this isn't difficult. I make videos, and share them on youtube. I've been doing this since 2005. Since early 2013, all YT accounts merged into G+ accounts no questions asked.

#25 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:
@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

You're really thick, this isn't difficult. I make videos, and share them on youtube. I've been doing this since 2005. Since early 2013, all YT accounts merged into G+ accounts no questions asked.

What force is preventing you from not having a Google+ account? It sounds to me that you're not a fan of Google+, but have chosen to have a Google+ account in order to share things on YouTube.

#26 Posted by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:
@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

What force is preventing you from not having a Google+ account? It sounds to me that you're not a fan of Google+, but have chosen to have a Google+ account in order to share things on YouTube.

I'm done talking to a wall. Good day

#27 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:
@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

What it all comes down to is that you're not forced to have a Google+ account. You're free to cancel the account if you wish. To say that you're forced to have it is simply incorrect. Grow up and take some responsibility for your own actions.

#28 Posted by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:
@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

What it all comes down to is that you're not forced to have a Google+ account. You're free to cancel the account if you wish. To say that you're forced to have it is simply incorrect. Grow up and take some responsibility for your own actions.

Factually incorrect, but feel free to keep lying to yourself to feel better

#29 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:
@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

What is forcing you to keep a Google+ account? Do you think it will force me to use a Google+ account soon?

#30 Edited by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:
@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

You wanted to continue to post videos and comments on YouTube, they ask if you'd like to make a google+ account, in order to comment or post videos, you have to choose "yes"
No-one "forced" you to do anything. You simply wanted to continue to use their services, and so you chose to make a Google+ account.

Similarly, one isn't "forced" to keep their Gmail account, it's simply easier, and so most people will choose to make the google+ account to go with it.

#31 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7451 posts) -

Ugh, is there any chance where I can turn off the fading for quote trains on gspot!@

Yeah, but seriously though does anyone actually use g+?

#32 Posted by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

@wis3boi is easy trollbait.

TOPIC: G+ is crap and has always been. i don't have a G+ acct.. but i don't comment on yt. so it affects me none

#33 Posted by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

@thegerg It's monumentally sad you need this spelled out for you. This is my Youtube account

#34 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg It's monumentally sad you need this spelled out for you. This is my Youtube account

OK, try to answer the questions:What is forcing you to keep a Google+ account? Do you think it will force me to use a Google+ account soon?

#35 Posted by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

OK, try to answer the questions:What is forcing you to keep a Google+ account? Do you think it will force me to use a Google+ account soon?

If I want to continue using youtube, keep my favorites, keep my subscriptions to channels, I need that Google+ Account. Look at the bottom of that picture....if you're intelligent enough to understand what it says. Google uses one account for everything now, and when you make an account anywhere on Google, you are automatically signed up for Google+. Why are you making this difficult for yourself?

#36 Edited by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

If I want to continue using youtube, keep my favorites, keep my subscriptions to channels, I need that Google+ Account. Look at the bottom of that picture....if you're intelligent enough to understand what it says. Google uses one account for everything now, and when you make an account anywhere on Google, you are automatically signed up for Google+. Why are you making this difficult for yourself?

Again,

Who put the gun to your head and forced you to sign up?

Or did you just not want the hassle of finding a new email, and a new site to post your videos?

#37 Posted by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

@Nibroc420 said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

Again,

Who put the gun to your head and forced you to sign up?

Or did you just not want the hassle of finding a new email, and a new site to post your videos?

Quiet troll

#38 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

"If I want to continue using youtube, keep my favorites, keep my subscriptions to channels, I need that Google+ Account."

What force is being used to make you use that Google+?

Listen kiddo, it's time to grow up and take some responsibility for your actions. No one is forcing you to use Google+. To claim otherwise is simply incorrect. If you don't want to have a Google+ account then just cancel the account, no one is forcing you to keep it.

#39 Posted by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

"If I want to continue using youtube, keep my favorites, keep my subscriptions to channels, I need that Google+ Account."

Listen kiddo, it's time to grow up and take some responsibility for your actions. No one is forcing you to use Google+. To claim otherwise is simply incorrect. If you don't want to have a Google+ account then just cancel the account, no one is forcing you to keep it.

You speak like a juvenile who can't get their way. It's one account for every one of google's services. Face the facts or continue being a monument for morons everywhere. I've never even been on the Google+ page, but I need to have an account to continue using any of the sites. Repeating your baseless factually wrong assertions doesn't make you right, it makes you a tool.

#40 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

You speak like a juvenile who can't get their way. It's one account for every one of google's services. Face the facts or continue being a monument for morons everywhere. I've never even been on the Google+ page, but I need to have an account to continue using any of the sites. Repeating your baseless factually wrong assertions doesn't make you right, it makes you a tool.

"It's one account for every one of google's services."

And no one is forcing to to use it. Cancel if you don't want it. Do you even know what the word "force" means?

"Repeating your baseless factually wrong assertions doesn't make you right, it makes you a tool."

There is no reason to insult anyone, please try to act like an adult.

#41 Posted by Jakejack (80 posts) -

I just have to jump in here and say "thegerg" that you are being the ultimate semantics troll. Ever heard of a "saying?" You know what he means but are trolling him on semantics alone.

You must be an impossibly annoying person to be around in real life with a personality like that. I can't imagine anyone enjoying your company.

You are spamming these forums by being purposely obtuse. Congrats on adding to the obnoxious behavior of the internet. Your parents must be proud.

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

And no one is forcing to to use it. Cancel if you don't want it. Do you even know what the word "force" means?

"Repeating your baseless factually wrong assertions doesn't make you right, it makes you a tool."

#42 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

@Jakejack said:

I just have to jump in here and say "thegerg" that you are being the ultimate semantics troll. Ever heard of a "saying?" You know what he means but are trolling him on semantics alone.

You must be an impossibly annoying person to be around in real life with a personality like that. I can't imagine anyone enjoying your company.

You are spamming these forums by being purposely obtuse. Congrats on adding to the obnoxious behavior of the internet. Your parents must be proud.

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

It's got nothing to do with semantics. It's about the fact that another user seems to feel he's being forced to do something against his will. I'm just trying to get him to understand that he's free to do as he wishes, no one is forcing him to keep his Google+ account.

#44 Posted by thegerg (15423 posts) -

@glitter: His issue is that some (as yet unidentified) force seems to be preventing him from getting rid of his Google+ account.

#45 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

You should of just stopped after reading his reply.

#46 Edited by wis3boi (31461 posts) -

@Fightingfan said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

You should of just stopped after reading his reply.

Was bored and felt like melting someone's face with facts. If he's not a troll, that is some serious brain damage

#47 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

it's quite getting old... They really lucky nothing compares to youtube, or they wouldn't get away with this crap

There has yet to be single update for QUITE a while now.

~forced me get and use a gmail account. Just wanted a fucking youtube account...

~forced me use google+

~attempts to force me use "real name" every time i log in

~no more inbox in youtube no more. everything gets sent to lame gmail.

it's getting old, sorta have started to hate even going there

#48 Edited by thegerg (15423 posts) -

It seems some people here simply don't know what force is. No one is forced to use Google+ or YouTube. People need to grow up and take some responsibility for heir own actions. If you don't want to use YouTube or Google then don't. Stop blaming some unidentified "force."

#49 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5387 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

When has MS EVER pushed IE onto you? You know you can uninstall IE from Windows?

#50 Posted by junglist101 (5462 posts) -

@Nibroc420 said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:
@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

@wis3boi said:

@thegerg said:

You wanted to continue to post videos and comments on YouTube, they ask if you'd like to make a google+ account, in order to comment or post videos, you have to choose "yes"

No-one "forced" you to do anything. You simply wanted to continue to use their services, and so you chose to make a Google+ account.

Similarly, one isn't "forced" to keep their Gmail account, it's simply easier, and so most people will choose to make the google+ account to go with it.

Look at this shit. This site blows. Bring back the old site -_-