Good Or Horrible Parenting?

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]I don't think I want to know.bort_hurs
So did you ask to be funny or...

Does it matter?

bort_hurs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 bort_hurs
Member since 2012 • 202 Posts

[QUOTE="bort_hurs"][QUOTE="airshocker"]I don't think I want to know.airshocker

So did you ask to be funny or...

Does it matter?

I don't know, does anything you say matter? I was just asking the significance of the post.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I don't know, does anything you say matter? I was just asking the significance of the post.bort_hurs

Only sometimes.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
Too harsh I think, while their screams were exaggerated, I feel like that sort of whipping will lead the girl to do things such as move out with a guy ASAP to get away from her father. But there definitely should be a strong punishment, idk about whipping just because i think that will create bad things within their father daughter relationship
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts
Too harsh I think, while their screams were exaggerated, I feel like that sort of whipping will lead the girl to do things such as move out with a guy ASAP to get away from her father. But there definitely should be a strong punishment, idk about whipping just because i think that will create bad things within their father daughter relationshipmingmao3046
dude your avatar is so freakin disturbing. im not one that gets grossed out easily or anything but i dunno everytime i see your avatar is really creeps me out
Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

Great parenting. Father of the year. Sometimes kids need a good smack. mems_1224

im in favour of hitting kids but that was clear overreacting,a slap or two would have made a point.he is creating 2 future sluts

Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
Why did I read this as "Good or Horrible PAINTing"
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

Could have went about it differently, but I don't know those girls or this man to comment on how to discipline his kids, I don't feed, clothe, or house them. I understand how a father wouldn't want want his daughters looking like sluts, especially on camera. Can't really say if this was a bad or good thing for them because I'm on the outside looking in. If he didn't care for the girls he wouldn't be there spanking them. Personally, I believe communication is key, but some people are more gifted in getting their point across in a different manner. Hopefully they grow up to be respectable women, this spanking will pass but life remains.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="deuce4eva"]

Father catches his daughter doing a twerk video on facebook. Guess what happens next. Thoughts? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScttbQGw6BY

GummiRaccoon

That type of parenting style directly leads to children that will make a twerk video.

EDIT: since everyone in here has never even interacted with a black person before, twerking is booty shaking

Yeah that's terrible parenting.  Also, I'm surprised so many people here don't know what twerking is.  It really isn't just a black thing anymore.  So many white girls at my school are super into the whole thing.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Just to point it out to all you genious future parents: physical discipline will in almost all cases lead to severe developmental issues in a child. So please, lay off the idea that hitting a kid once or twice is good practice. You're just begging the guy to have problems later on.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Great parenting. Father of the year. Sometimes kids need a good smack. Hate_Squad

im in favour of hitting kids but that was clear overreacting,a slap or two would have made a point.he is creating 2 future sluts

Are you joking? That whoopin that guy gave his daughters was nothing compared to how my dad used to whip me and my sister. They even had the benefit of having jogging pants on. And he just swung his belt like a madman, not grab their hands to make sure he got nothing but their ass. Me and my sister turned out ok so that little discipline they got really shouldn't matter a whole lot. In fact, it should motivate them to stay in school to get good grades then get a job and move the hell out....

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
Well, if my parents caught me doing that I wouldn't see the light of day. I have had and seen people get spanked a lot worse than on that video but hey not my place to say whether she won't do it again or run away. I mean it is possible she could rebel but who knows. Most people I know who got spanked are not in jail or anything extreme so whether it will happen or not is unknown.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Well he got arrested which is bs,can't even whoop your kids these days
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Well he got arrested which is bs,can't even whoop your kids these daysBucked20

Wow im suprised by that i don't think he did any crimes. They deserved to be spanked.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

if anybody is wondering how bucked turned out so bad, just site this thread.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Jesus whoref*cking Christ, this thread is making me angrier than the last one.  There are a few misconceptions that need to be cleared up.

1. Spanking is different than beating.  If you spank a child hard enough to develop an aversion but not hard enough to severely hurt them it can be useful IF you do it in a stern but loving manner, tell them why they're being punished, and act consistently.  That being said, there's no evidence to show that kids who aren't spanked but are punished in non-physical ways misbehave more often.

2. Spanking a child is different than spanking an adolescent.  Honestly, if they're in grade school spanking probably isn't effective any more.  They're at a different developmental stage, they don't respond to it any more.

3. That your parents beat you and you made it through RELATIVELY alright is no justification for it.  Congratulations, your parents are f*cking assh*les, doesn't mean everyone else's should be.  Besides, we have to focus on the word relatively.  Not everyone who is beat is going to kill themselves or rob convienence stores or turn into a serial killer or torture animals or whatever else you think the worst possible scenario is.  Humans are not that easy, not even Skinnerians believe that it's as simple as A+B=C.  There's this really important word in psychology called "predispose."  Beatings make it more likely that soemthing like that might happen, but by no means guarantee it.  There's also the possibility that beatings can leave psychological scars that are repressed that one might not be aware of.  Beatings can affect people in different ways and there's really no way to know exactly how because there's no baseline for comparison.  There's no control, there's no version of you that wasn't beat but was otherwise raised in exactly the same conditions that we can compare you to in order to determine exactly how beatings affected you.  However, there are psychological studies that use controls to account for those variables and they all say that beatings affect children negatively.  Trust me, I'm overjoyed if you were beat as a child and made it through that relatively well, but that doesn't mean you weren't adversely affected and if you weren't that means you were lucky, not that your parents were right to beat you.

4. When you say something like "those whores deserved it" you're clearly coming from a place of anger and frustration and thinking of your own emotions over the well-being of the child.  If you were a parent and you actually acted out what you're saying then you'd be a sh*tty parent, congratulations.

5. Adolescents are horny and they're influenced by the media.  Dirty dancing is a part of growing up, f*cking period, f*cking get used to it.  Dancing like that does not make a woman a slut, it means she's figuring out what it means to be a woman.  If she's going about it wrong then she needs help and advice, not a f*cking extension cord in her back.

6. That was f*cking brutal.  That man was twice their size, he ambushed them, and then he whipped them with a f*cking cord.  That's not acceptable behavior  for anyone, ever.  Not only is that not an effective form of discipline, but it's f*cking traumatic for those girls.  It's f*cking sick to watch and if you can honestly watch it and not be disturbed then you're a f*cking sicko, congratulations, I hope to god you never have children.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Jesus whoref*cking Christ, this thread is making me angrier than the last one.  There are a few misconceptions that need to be cleared up.

1. Spanking is different than beating.  If you spank a child hard enough to develop an aversion but not hard enough to severely hurt them it can be useful IF you do it in a stern but loving manner, tell them why they're being punished, and act consistently.  That being said, there's no evidence to show that kids who aren't spanked but are punished in non-physical ways misbehave more often.

2. Spanking a child is different than spanking an adolescent.  Honestly, if they're in grade school spanking probably isn't effective any more.  They're at a different developmental stage, they don't respond to it any more.

3. That your parents beat you and you made it through RELATIVELY alright is no justification for it.  Congratulations, your parents are f*cking assh*les, doesn't mean everyone else's should be.  Besides, we have to focus on the word relatively.  Not everyone who is beat is going to kill themselves or rob convienence stores or turn into a serial killer or torture animals or whatever else you think the worst possible scenario is.  Humans are not that easy, not even Skinnerians believe that it's as simple as A+B=C.  There's this really important word in psychology called "predispose."  Beatings make it more likely that soemthing like that might happen, but by no means guarantee it.  There's also the possibility that beatings can leave psychological scars that are repressed that one might not be aware of.  Beatings can affect people in different ways and there's really no way to know exactly how because there's no baseline for comparison.  There's no control, there's no version of you that wasn't beat but was otherwise raised in exactly the same conditions that we can compare you to in order to determine exactly how beatings affected you.  However, there are psychological studies that use controls to account for those variables and they all say that beatings affect children negatively.  Trust me, I'm overjoyed if you were beat as a child and made it through that relatively well, but that doesn't mean you weren't adversely affected and if you weren't that means you were lucky, not that your parents were right to beat you.

4. When you say something like "those whores deserved it" you're clearly coming from a place of anger and frustration and thinking of your own emotions over the well-being of the child.  If you were a parent and you actually acted out what you're saying then you'd be a sh*tty parent, congratulations.

5. Adolescents are horny and they're influenced by the media.  Dirty dancing is a part of growing up, f*cking period, f*cking get used to it.  Dancing like that does not make a woman a slut, it means she's figuring out what it means to be a woman.  If she's going about it wrong then she needs help and advice, not a f*cking extension cord in her back.

6. That was f*cking brutal.  That man was twice their size, he ambushed them, and then he whipped them with a f*cking cord.  That's not acceptable behavior  for anyone, ever.  Not only is that not an effective form of discipline, but it's f*cking traumatic for those girls.  It's f*cking sick to watch and if you can honestly watch it and not be disturbed then you're a f*cking sicko, congratulations, I hope to god you never have children.

theone86

Pretty much agree with this.  The bottomline really is that if you have to resort to physical discipline you're probably a sh*tty parent, or you have really sh*tty kids, which is probably because of the fact that you're a sh*tty parent.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="Hate_Squad"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Great parenting. Father of the year. Sometimes kids need a good smack. tocool340

Are you joking? That whoopin that guy gave his daughters was nothing compared to how my dad used to whip me and my sister. They even had the benefit of having jogging pants on. And he just swung his belt like a madman, not grab their hands to make sure he got nothing but their ass. Me and my sister turned out ok so that little discipline they got really shouldn't matter a whole lot. In fact, it should motivate them to stay in school to get good grades then get a job and move the hell out....

this. i've probably been hit worse than that a few times by my mom growing up and every time I deserved it for acting like a little shit. I turned out perfectly fine and I love my mommy :)
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

Jesus whoref*cking Christ, this thread is making me angrier than the last one. There are a few misconceptions that need to be cleared up.

1. Spanking is different than beating. If you spank a child hard enough to develop an aversion but not hard enough to severely hurt them it can be useful IF you do it in a stern but loving manner, tell them why they're being punished, and act consistently. That being said, there's no evidence to show that kids who aren't spanked but are punished in non-physical ways misbehave more often.

2. Spanking a child is different than spanking an adolescent. Honestly, if they're in grade school spanking probably isn't effective any more. They're at a different developmental stage, they don't respond to it any more.

3. That your parents beat you and you made it through RELATIVELY alright is no justification for it. Congratulations, your parents are f*cking assh*les, doesn't mean everyone else's should be. Besides, we have to focus on the word relatively. Not everyone who is beat is going to kill themselves or rob convienence stores or turn into a serial killer or torture animals or whatever else you think the worst possible scenario is. Humans are not that easy, not even Skinnerians believe that it's as simple as A+B=C. There's this really important word in psychology called "predispose." Beatings make it more likely that soemthing like that might happen, but by no means guarantee it. There's also the possibility that beatings can leave psychological scars that are repressed that one might not be aware of. Beatings can affect people in different ways and there's really no way to know exactly how because there's no baseline for comparison. There's no control, there's no version of you that wasn't beat but was otherwise raised in exactly the same conditions that we can compare you to in order to determine exactly how beatings affected you. However, there are psychological studies that use controls to account for those variables and they all say that beatings affect children negatively. Trust me, I'm overjoyed if you were beat as a child and made it through that relatively well, but that doesn't mean you weren't adversely affected and if you weren't that means you were lucky, not that your parents were right to beat you.

4. When you say something like "those whores deserved it" you're clearly coming from a place of anger and frustration and thinking of your own emotions over the well-being of the child. If you were a parent and you actually acted out what you're saying then you'd be a sh*tty parent, congratulations.

5. Adolescents are horny and they're influenced by the media. Dirty dancing is a part of growing up, f*cking period, f*cking get used to it. Dancing like that does not make a woman a slut, it means she's figuring out what it means to be a woman. If she's going about it wrong then she needs help and advice, not a f*cking extension cord in her back.

6. That was f*cking brutal. That man was twice their size, he ambushed them, and then he whipped them with a f*cking cord. That's not acceptable behavior for anyone, ever. Not only is that not an effective form of discipline, but it's f*cking traumatic for those girls. It's f*cking sick to watch and if you can honestly watch it and not be disturbed then you're a f*cking sicko, congratulations, I hope to god you never have children.

theone86

THANK YOU.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
They're too old to be spanked imo. At that age it would just make the kid wanna get the fvck outta there/rebel some more. Also jesus christ you do not spank a kid with a fvcking cord. Thats just ridiculous. The hand is all you need.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
Sadly no. People are too quick to call the police or Children Services or something of that nature. He should've never had someone film it. That was his biggest mistake, but also he should've handled that better since they were too old to get spanked like that.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="Hate_Squad"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Great parenting. Father of the year. Sometimes kids need a good smack. tocool340

Now that you are an adult, you should let your father know that abuse is unacceptable.

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Had a feeling it was gonna be this video lol. Anyway theres no problem with parents hitting their kids. Although, I don't agree with putting it up online. Awhile ago some kid got killed after his uncle embarassed him on Facebook.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

Uh.. I don't know.. As I never plan on being a parent, this is not a topic I think about much.

The_Lipscomb
There's a good chance the father in the video didn't plan on it either.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

theone86
I was never spanked or beat in my life.. I turned out to be extremly respectful to my parents. Use words if you can. I believe in peace unless you're forced otherwise.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

Uh.. I don't know.. As I never plan on being a parent, this is not a topic I think about much.

chrisrooR
There's a good chance the father in the video didn't plan on it either.

Condoms are a great thing.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#80 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="tocool340"]

[QUOTE="Hate_Squad"]

GummiRaccoon

Now that you are an adult, you should let your father know that abuse is unacceptable.

Abuse? Or discipline and just a life lesson that there are consequences for doing dumb things or not following simple instructions? His whippings made me a better reader (He'd have me a book every night when I was very young. If I kept getting stuck on a certain word, he'd get my ass), speller (He'd randomly walk up to me and say "spell *insert word*" If I get it right, he'd reward me. Got it wrong, ass-whipping), and help me stay on point. I hate those whippings a lot, true, but I don't argue with the results. So I see no reasons to express my displeasure about being disciplined...
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

theone86
+1 especially at the last bit.
CursedChamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 CursedChamp
Member since 2013 • 485 Posts
He's insane.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="tocool340"] Are you joking? That whoopin that guy gave his daughters was nothing compared to how my dad used to whip me and my sister. They even had the benefit of having jogging pants on. And he just swung his belt like a madman, not grab their hands to make sure he got nothing but their ass. Me and my sister turned out ok so that little discipline they got really shouldn't matter a whole lot. In fact, it should motivate them to stay in school to get good grades then get a job and move the hell out....

Ackad

Also unnacceptable to watch your 2 daughters work in the strip clubs. You would have to have no morals especially when you're shaking your bottom to the public. All I can see is them sucking d**k for a crack rock in the near future. They needed a wake up call.

By whose standards is exotic dancing unacceptable and immoral?

You are just another pleb thinking that violence is less harmful than sex.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="tocool340"] Are you joking? That whoopin that guy gave his daughters was nothing compared to how my dad used to whip me and my sister. They even had the benefit of having jogging pants on. And he just swung his belt like a madman, not grab their hands to make sure he got nothing but their ass. Me and my sister turned out ok so that little discipline they got really shouldn't matter a whole lot. In fact, it should motivate them to stay in school to get good grades then get a job and move the hell out....

tocool340

Abuse? Or discipline and just a life lesson that there are consequences for doing dumb things or not following simple instructions? His whippings made me a better reader (He'd have me a book every night when I was very young. If I kept getting stuck on a certain word, he'd get my ass), speller (He'd randomly walk up to me and say "spell *insert word*" If I get it right, he'd reward me. Got it wrong, ass-whipping), and help me stay on point. I hate those whippings a lot, true, but I don't argue with the results. So I see no reasons to express my displeasure about being disciplined...

What is Stockholm syndrome?

Also your grammar sucks, so the whippings didn't help your English skills as much as you claim.

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts

Would he be a bad parent if he didn't do anything about it?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#86 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

The hell is twerk?

Anyway, he overreacted.................

Chow_Mein_Kampf

me chana no twerk ok innit boss.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

racism can only be perpetuated by the group that is in power.

GummiRaccoon

lol

Not my fault you don't know the difference between racism and bigotry.

Bigotry encompasses racism...

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

lol

Necrifer

Words have meaning, learn what those meanings are then use them properly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

http://newsone.com/2356859/greg-horn-twerking-video-child-abuse-charges/

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Necrifer

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

There is no definition of racism that says it is only perpetuated by a group in power.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

Necrifer

There is no definition of racism that says it is only perpetuated by a group in power.

"I have no education" is what you just said to me.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Necrifer

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

More like, "I know what a dictionary is."

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

Necrifer

Look up ignorant as well while you have it open.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Necrifer

Racism

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

I'm not seeing it.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Necrifer

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

You could always attempt to enlighten me.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 GummiRaccoon

Racism

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

I'm not seeing it.

Necrifer

I seriously hope you are still in high school.  You are that clueless.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Necrifer

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

Necrifer

...or not.

Douche.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
beating is bad mmkay
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

Necrifer

...or not.

Douche.

Just google it between classes.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Necrifer

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

GummiRaccoon

...or not.

Douche.

Just google it between classes.

Google what?

Guide me.