Good News - Mandatory Female HPV Vaccine Withdrawn (to all you doubters)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Puiumami (1918 posts) -
Good news everyone! In Texas a bill was proposed in which girls entering grade 5 would have to be mandatorily vaccinated against HPV and cervical cancer. I posted a thread earlier before, in which I have to say was met with harsh skepticism of "conspiracy this and conspiracy that". Previous thread http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25361033 Considering that at the age they wanted to give the injection, a girl just enters puberty, a radical time in the body as you all know, and therefore this drug had few testing. Good thing it was withdrawn! http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/21/cancer.vaccine.ap/index.html The same company Merck that has 27 000 lawsuits against it because of people who claim to be suffering from their drug. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/061221/us/usreport_merck_vioxx_texas_dc What is more scary is that Merck was lobbying its campaign to persuade states to make their vaccine required for adolescent girls attending school.
#2 Posted by comp_atkins (33682 posts) -
it should not be mandatory until further safety studies are concluded. but a parent would be stupid not to push for their child to get the vaccine before they become sexually active.
#3 Posted by Puiumami (1918 posts) -
I would also like to thank "nukethegnomes" from my previous thread, he was the only one that agreed with me and didn't dismiss me as paranoid, fear of authority figures and mental disorder. Here is his post ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A media hoax has fooled parents in Texas and other areas of the country that the HPV vaccine, which experts have slammed as untested and has already been linked to dangerous side-effects, is now the law and young girls must take it. Merck Pharmaceuticals are set to capitalize on this fraud by making obscene profits from a crony deal with Governor Rick Perry, while children are put at risk. This issue is of vital importance not just to Texans but to everyone across the country, because all fifty states have been the target of Merck Pharmaceutical's biggest lobbying effort ever to get this vaccine mandated throughout the nation, by paying off Governors and other officials to curry favor. Merck were unable to sell the "benefits" of the vaccine to make enough profit out of it, so instead they turned to state legislature to force eleven year old girls (and in other states children as young as eight) who aren't even sexually active to take the shot. What is actually in the vaccine? Live genetically engineered cancer virus. As the vaccine spreads in use, reports of horrible side effects are already starting to proliferate. "Negative side effects of Gardasil, a new Merck vaccine to prevent the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer, are being reported in the District of Columbia and 20 states, including Virginia. The reactions range from loss of consciousness to seizures," reports the Washington Times . "Young girls are experiencing severe headaches, dizziness, temporary loss of vision and some girls have lost consciousness during what appear to be seizures," said Vicky Debold, health policy analyst for the National Vaccine Information Center, a nonprofit watchdog organization that was created in the early 1980s to prevent vaccine injuries." The report quotes physicians who debunk the claim that the HPV vaccine even prevents cervical cancer, as is claimed by Merck and the FDA. "There is no proof Gardasil will stop cervical cancer," said Clayton Young, an obstetrician/gynecologist in Texas, "They haven't been studying it long enough to make that claim." Merck makes 360 dollars per shot, equaling billions of dollars in fat profits from bullying or paying off legislatures to mandate the vaccine.
#4 Posted by Puiumami (1918 posts) -
it should not be mandatory until further safety studies are concluded. but a parent would be stupid not to push for their child to get the vaccine before they become sexually active.comp_atkins
K... great parents I guess. Go ahead daughter, you got a shield against HPV, so you can get knocked up more often... great reasoning man.
#5 Posted by Puiumami (1918 posts) -
Some more info; "Negative side effects of Gardasil, a new Merck vaccine to prevent the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer, are being reported in the District of Columbia and 20 states, including Virginia. The reactions range from loss of consciousness to seizures," reports the Washington Times . "Young girls are experiencing severe headaches, dizziness, temporary loss of vision and some girls have lost consciousness during what appear to be seizures," said Vicky Debold, health policy analyst for the National Vaccine Information Center, a nonprofit watchdog organization that was created in the early 1980s to prevent vaccine injuries." The report quotes physicians who debunk the claim that the HPV vaccine even prevents cervical cancer, as is claimed by Merck and the FDA. "There is no proof Gardasil will stop cervical cancer," said Clayton Young, an obstetrician/gynecologist in Texas, "They haven't been studying it long enough to make that claim."
#6 Posted by ranger_waha (3187 posts) -
[QUOTE="comp_atkins"]it should not be mandatory until further safety studies are concluded. but a parent would be stupid not to push for their child to get the vaccine before they become sexually active.Puiumami
K... great parents I guess. Go ahead daughter, you got a shield against HPV, so you can get knocked up more often... great reasoning man.

Wrong. Now that you can't get herpes that causes cervical cancer, you can have sexual relations with people who may be lying to you about it, and not suffer that particular ill effect. Girls are gonna go and get knocked up, innoculations or no.
#7 Posted by ROLFCHANK (1085 posts) -
[QUOTE="comp_atkins"]it should not be mandatory until further safety studies are concluded. but a parent would be stupid not to push for their child to get the vaccine before they become sexually active.Puiumami

condoms do not protect against HPV. try to know what you are talking about before you try to own people. or are you advocating abstinence? if so, can i have some of your fairytale land juice?
#8 Posted by comp_atkins (33682 posts) -

no, the kid is gonna have sex... be realistic. thats like not teaching your child about condoms because in your mind he/she is never gonna have sex so why bother being safe...
#9 Posted by tooELEET (265 posts) -
Yeah! Now that I have my tetanus shot I step on nails all the time! :D:D:D
#10 Posted by ROLFCHANK (1085 posts) -
Yeah! Now that I have my tetanus shot I step on nails all the time! :D:D:DtooELEET
lol. nice analogy. also consider that the HPV strains that cause the cell changes that lead to cancer are asymptomatic and dont cause warts, that those strains only cause irregular cell changes something like 1-2% of the time and cause cancer only a fraction of a percent, and that few people even know that HPV is basically THE cause of cervical cancer, and you know that there is virtually nobody out there avoiding sex for fear of cervical cancer. that argument is tired and makes no sense.
#11 Posted by sonicare (54988 posts) -

[QUOTE="Puiumami"][QUOTE="comp_atkins"]it should not be mandatory until further safety studies are concluded. but a parent would be stupid not to push for their child to get the vaccine before they become sexually active.ROLFCHANK

condoms do not protect against HPV. try to know what you are talking about before you try to own people. or are you advocating abstinence? if so, can i have some of your fairytale land juice?

condoms can protect against HPV.

Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
#12 Posted by Buff-McBlumpkin (566 posts) -

[QUOTE="Puiumami"][QUOTE="comp_atkins"]it should not be mandatory until further safety studies are concluded. but a parent would be stupid not to push for their child to get the vaccine before they become sexually active.ranger_waha

Wrong. Now that you can't get herpes that causes cervical cancer, you can have sexual relations with people who may be lying to you about it, and not suffer that particular ill effect. Girls are gonna go and get knocked up, innoculations or no.

HPV isn't herpes, it's gen. warts.