Good Deathcore bands?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by codymcclain14 (6017 posts) -

I'm trying to find more good deathcore bands for my ipod. Currently my favorite is Chelsea Grin ( example - http://youtu.be/7ca6B2uMCoc ). I also listen to Suicide Silence/Older Bring Me The Horizon.

I'm wanting more Deathcore bands, could anyone suggest a few? Hopefully close to Chelsea Grin, I like a nice mix of low and high screams, mostly high. Pig squeals are pretty cool too.

I tried Born Of Orsis or however it's spelt. But tho nice, i couldn't get into it.

Any help?

#2 Posted by JohnF111 (14093 posts) -
Abigail Williams is one my mate swears by, don't like death core myself but I've never even listened to or looked them up so for all I know they're a pop band :P
#3 Posted by codymcclain14 (6017 posts) -
Abigail Williams is one my mate swears by, don't like death core myself but I've never even listened to or looked them up so for all I know they're a pop band :PJohnF111
:P Just looked them up and they're supposed to be black metal? lol. I'll give them a shot.
#4 Posted by Nuck81 (5861 posts) -
As mythical as the Leprechaun and Unicorn
#5 Posted by codymcclain14 (6017 posts) -
As mythical as the Leprechaun and UnicornNuck81
I have to admit, i thought that was a name of a band and searched it... I need to stop smoking so much weed.
#6 Posted by Nuck81 (5861 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nuck81"]As mythical as the Leprechaun and Unicorncodymcclain14
I have to admit, i thought that was a name of a band and searched it... I need to stop smoking so much weed.

:lol:
#7 Posted by RushKing (1777 posts) -
As mythical as the Leprechaun and UnicornNuck81
Agreed
#8 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5978 posts) -
I prefer the more technical/progressive/melodic metal bands. If you don't have Opeth, you should get their music, possibly the only death metal I can tolerate.
#9 Posted by codymcclain14 (6017 posts) -
I prefer the more technical/progressive/melodic metal bands. If you don't have Opeth, you should get their music, possibly the only death metal I can tolerate. YoshiYogurt
I've actually heard their stuff. And it's pretty good. I might look more into them.
#10 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5387 posts) -
Some would say that's an oxymoron.
#11 Posted by Marfoo (5994 posts) -
As far as deathcore bands go, the bands that you listed are actually what I consider to be the worst of the bunch. Try these: Thy Art is Murder Conducting From the Grave All Shall Perish Salt the Wound Suffokate Carthage Whitechapel
#12 Posted by Guppy507 (17396 posts) -
Just listen to death metal. If it HAS to be deathcore, Veil of Maya and The Contortionist.
#13 Posted by swivet- (625 posts) -
I Shot the Sheriff, On Solid Ground, Earth From Above, Versus Sunrise
#15 Posted by Marfoo (5994 posts) -
Just listen to death metal. If it HAS to be deathcore, Veil of Maya and The Contortionist.Guppy507
+1
#16 Posted by Wolf-Man2006 (4187 posts) -

All Shall Perish, Whitechapel, Black Dahlia Murder, etc are ones I recommend, regardless of whether you're into deathcore or not.

#17 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -
The Red Chord is all you need to know.
#18 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (783 posts) -
BMTH's debut album was insane. Their new stuff is horrible. I dont listen to much, but Im partial to Suicide Silence, WhiteChapel, and Carnifex.
#19 Posted by Celldrax (14629 posts) -

http://www.metal-archives.com/lists/death

1. Arrange list by genre

2. Skip tp page 41

3. ???

4. Profit!

[spoiler] I don't know much about deathcore bands :P [/spoiler]

#20 Posted by lightleggy (16041 posts) -
Good and deathcore on the same sentence without "not"? Does not computes.
#21 Posted by iwilson1296 (2214 posts) -

Good and deathcore on the same sentence without "not"? Does not computes.lightleggy
pretty much

#22 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23844 posts) -

Despised Icon

All Shall Perish

Oceano

Not really deathcore, but you might like these:

Beneath The Massacre

The Amenta

Zyklon

Skinless

http://www.metal-archives.com/lists/death

1. Arrange list by genre

2. Skip tp page 41

3. ???

4. Profit!

[spoiler] I don't know much about deathcore bands :P [/spoiler]

Celldrax

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathcore

#23 Posted by lightleggy (16041 posts) -

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]Good and deathcore on the same sentence without "not"? Does not computes.iwilson1296

pretty much

And dont forget! if you can read the logo, your band is not core enough.
#24 Posted by szafto (1361 posts) -
You listen to horrible mainstream deathcore bands WTF. Here are some underground bands that blow all mainstream deathcore out of the water. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyelQY4KvhA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9U201lbhyk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYHEePujn64 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eN-RW73bc0 Also check out my youtube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/szafto i got some good songs uploaded there.
#25 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Man so many people who listen to metal are hipsters. At least none of you are huge black metal fans, they're like the hipsters of the hipsters.

#26 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29379 posts) -
Here are some good ones:
#27 Posted by Celldrax (14629 posts) -

Man so many people who listen to metal are hipsters. At least none of you are huge black metal fans, they're like the hipsters of the hipsters.

cain006

Black metal is awesome :o

Metal has also been my preferred genre for a number of years...

#28 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="cain006"]

Celldrax

This video will explain what I mean.

#29 Posted by themajormayor (25844 posts) -
lol
#30 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

Well you could give Parkway Drive a try, although they're really more Metalcore.  Also you might like The Acacia Strain.

#31 Posted by Iceozo (6531 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]Abigail Williams is one my mate swears by, don't like death core myself but I've never even listened to or looked them up so for all I know they're a pop band :Pcodymcclain14
:P Just looked them up and they're supposed to be black metal? lol. I'll give them a shot.

They begun as a deathcore band, though I think only their first album is deathcore (they pretty much were playing a new sub genre every release). The only deathcore band I can stand is The Contortionist and Veil of Maya. Fallujah also begun as a blackened deathcore band but then moved on to technical death metal, and as such, improved dramatically. 

#32 Posted by Celldrax (14629 posts) -

[QUOTE="Celldrax"]

[QUOTE="cain006"]

cain006

This video will explain what I mean.

lol, Toki's awesome. I do know what you mean though.

#33 Posted by codymcclain14 (6017 posts) -
Found allot of good bands out of this. Chelsea grin still ended up being my favorite out of them. But they beat all my other bands.
#34 Posted by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -

As far as deathcore bands go, the bands that you listed are actually what I consider to be the worst of the bunch. Try these:

Thy Art is MurderMarfoo

The Adversary only though. It's real good and some of the best deathcore I've heard (obviously I'm more of a metal/grind/crust guy). Another mainstream deathcore band that released a one-off album that I enjoyed was Carnifex. Hell Chose Me had a nice guitar tone, the lyrics and thematic moved beyond childish whining, and the songs were far more dynamic than anything they previously did. Then they released a turd afterwards.

As for the assessment on Chelsea Grin and such being the worst in the subgenre, he's pretty much spot-on.

Just listen to death metal. If it HAS to be deathcore, Veil of Maya and The Contortionist.Guppy507
The Contortionist is pretty solid djentcore. Exoplanet is key.

cain006

More like nerds of the nerds, or is that folk metal? I can't remember...

Anyway if you ever want to listen to the sound of deathcore kiddies being dismembered and their limbs being used as drum sticks on the kit of the brutal death gods, here you go.

#35 Posted by Branmuffin316 (1200 posts) -

Zyklon

ArmoredCore55

Zyklon and Black Dahlia Murder are the only bands in this topic that I like and neither are deathcore.

#36 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

No such thing exists.

#37 Posted by KHAndAnime (13870 posts) -

cain006
:roll: People really like to sling the word hipster around as if they know what it means.