This topic is locked from further discussion.

TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts
The two classes that I would normally have tomorrow decided to start spring break early :P So I just have to run in an Oceanography test tomorrow morning (snow closed campus on Wednesday and my teacher e-mailed us the test, due tomorrow by noon).

I was thinking of seeing a movie but there aren't any morning showtimes :(

So I was thinking about either going to a driving range or playing some golf. The driving range I normally go to is closed for the winter because they have a snow tubing set up there (for another week or so).

I was checking out some local course websites that I've never been to. Most of them are upon right now under winter pricing (dirt cheap!).

I was wondering...There is a bit of snow on the ground from Wednesday but do driving ranges ever close? I never played much golf during this time of year but I'm in Golf II (c l a s s)and need to improve before we start playing for grades...

How about the course itself? There isn't snow cover, but a few patches are still laying around...It's supposed to get into the mid 40's tomorrow and I want to go to a driving range before work....
Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts
It depends on each golf club. Just call them up and find out if they're open or not. I went to the driving range today, 40 degrees F and there was some snow on the ground.
farley91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 farley91
Member since 2006 • 542 Posts
As long as you can see your ball go play.  I would assume if the conditions are good enough the ranges should be open.  They are around here anyways.
steppinrazor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 steppinrazor88
Member since 2006 • 14441 Posts
my dad took me too putt-putt once....
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TallicaFan2005
As long as you can see your ball go play. I would assume if the conditions are good enough the ranges should be open. They are around here anyways.farley91
It depends on each golf club. Just call them up and find out if they're open or not. I went to the driving range today, 40 degrees F and there was some snow on the ground.the_foreign_guy
Alright...Well I found this one not far from my school so I think I'll drop by and see if I can hit some balls.... Man the course we get to play for free through school is hardcore expensive :( :( It is like $40 for walking on weekdays ....For some reason after 4pm on weekends it is only $29...Don't people golf in the evening on weekends? (I never take a cart...LAZY! :p) Hopefully they are open...I hate calling people because I sound retarded on the phone and feel stupid for asking stupid questions like "Hey are you open" ...lol How long do you think it takes to play 9 holes walking and by yourself? I haven't gone golfing since early last summer and that was with three other people...Never went by myself. I figure I'll get to the course at 10:30ish and don't have to be at work until 3....I'll probably just hit the range though because I still can't hit my driver :)
Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts
A group of 4 for 9 holes should be about 3-4 hours if you walk the way
farley91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 farley91
Member since 2006 • 542 Posts
9 holes walking and playing by yourself would probably take about an hour and a half depending on how good you are.  Also depends on how many people will be there, but I doubt many will.
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TallicaFan2005
What does it mean when a course is semi-private? The places I found so far don't open for another week so I'm not sure if their ranges would be open. This one that says semi-private says it is open all year. I can't find their website but on this golf finder site it has it (this course was supposed to shut down but recently went under new management so their original site is no longer existant).
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TallicaFan2005
Do you guys think I would have to call and get a tee time if I wanted to golf tomorrow morning at like 10 or 11? The place I'm going two has two separate courses so I'm thinking I could probably walk in, what do you think? Also I just got some golf spikes today and I was wondering...Sometimes I see people putting them out outside of the clubhouse, are you not supposed to wear them into the clubhouse? They have plastic spikes... And if you go by yourself do they usually pair you with another group? The only time I went with only one other person (instead of four) they grouped us with another pair and it sucked because they were really good and played by strict rules while we were noobs and they kind of got mad at us.... :(